The Snyder Cut is 4 hours!

We watched it.

Huge improvement over the theatrical version. 

Did not seem that long, it has good pace and drew me in.

Story holds together much, MUCH, better -- I understood it, and I'm not a comics book person.

The characters have more depth and feel more real.

Some of the cheesy, stupid, crap's been removed.

Imo, it's become a decently good movie, well worth the time to watch.

YMMV.

• Like 2

I watched it at triple speed and it still dragged. If someone did a compilation of some of the new stuff and put that together it'd be worth watching but as it is the 15 minutes maybe of half interesting new stuff is lost in unnecessary scenes. It's funny that it's called the Snyder 'cut' since I'm not sure he knows how to cut anything. The story does hold together a little bit better but there are plenty of scenes that still seem out of place or are just there to point to the non-existent third film. As it is I'm about equally annoyed with this one as the Whedon, but for different reasons. Whedon's just seemed like a mindless, pointless attempt to pull a popcorn movie out of a mess and this one is more just a rambling unedited easter egg hunt. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

In my opinion all the snyder cut does is verify that all the people that bitched about snyder not completing the film and used that as an excuse for why Whedon's JL was so bad were completely and utterly wrong. 

I would say a good 90 percent of Whedon's cut is held within the new cut. The plot is exactly the same. Three mcguffins needed to destroy the world for darkseid, Steppinwolf trying to get the, he gets them all fight ensues. Same exact thing, same exact beats etc. Most all the content added was just more background stuff, and stuff that mostly didnt need to be there to explain the pathetically thin plot of the movie. The 10 percent that Whedon reshot was really just done to give fast exposition to the bloat of snyder's film. And example would be there are quite a few scenes that develop cyborgs back ground and him being angry with his father. In Whedons most of those are cut and one scene is created where Cyborg gets mad at his dad for making him a monster and blames him for his moms death. So essentially combining all that down. 

And to me that is why it is really the same movie. WB was never going to allow Snyder to create a 4 hour movie. They were already upset at the running time of BVS and made him cut 30 minutes from it, and told him justice league needed to be 2 hours. So i can not really imagine that IF Snyder was faced with having to cut down his 4 hour JL to (lets even say they gave him some slack) a 2.5 hour movie, that he would not likely have cut out 75 percent the same material that Whedon cut out. Because most all of it was not needed for that movies narrative. 

Many of the new FXs look horrible also. Steppenwolf looks like shinny crap done for a youtube video in every scene he is in. They dont ever get his color or lighting matched. In quite a few scenes movement is horrible and the animations look terrible. I mean look, if you got the time, check it out, i am not saying like i didnt think it was worth watching, but facing facts, it didnt remake the wheel of the crapfest the old one was. Even with most of the new content, i still would rank it in marvels lower teir of movies like Thor 2, IM2 etc. 

Edited by QuiJon
  • Thumbs Up 1

I watched it.  It still stunk.  Snyder or no Snyder, the script and story are a turd and no different cut will save it from being a massive turd.  More Ezra Miller and Ray Fischer are not a good thing.  They've both got to be some of the worst actors ever and totally wrong for the parts.  On the plus side, there was more time to flesh out some character backstory, so that's a good thing.  The epilogue made no sense and they toss in Martian Manhunter why?  Glad I didn't have high hopes going in. 

Yeah I'll try not to spoil, but I watched it as well.

First of all, as a movie, this movie should be split into three separate movies.  I'll rant about this later.  This movie is better than theatrical release, but that's not saying a lot.  To me, out of 10, it's maybe a 6.5 or 7. 

Now for the rant.  The state of this movie is due to DC or WB wanting a quick payday.  BvS should have been 2 or even 3 separate movies also.  And then you have Marvel, and it's almost impossible to not compare the two.  Marvel did it right, and look at the result.  DC did it the way they did it, and look at the result.  Whether this is Warner Brother's fault or DCs fault I'm not in position to say.  But this movie was 4 hours long, and it almost needed to be to tell the story Snyder wanted to tell, and the complete mess that was left after BvS which Snyder tried as best he could to deal with.  I'm more of a DC fan than a Marvel one, but DCs -one- job is to tell stories, and they're bad at it.  At least in most of their movies with some exceptions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xeres said:

Yeah I'll try not to spoil, but I watched it as well.

First of all, as a movie, this movie should be split into three separate movies.  I'll rant about this later.  This movie is better than theatrical release, but that's not saying a lot.  To me, out of 10, it's maybe a 6.5 or 7. 

Now for the rant.  The state of this movie is due to DC or WB wanting a quick payday.  BvS should have been 2 or even 3 separate movies also.  And then you have Marvel, and it's almost impossible to not compare the two.  Marvel did it right, and look at the result.  DC did it the way they did it, and look at the result.  Whether this is Warner Brother's fault or DCs fault I'm not in position to say.  But this movie was 4 hours long, and it almost needed to be to tell the story Snyder wanted to tell, and the complete mess that was left after BvS which Snyder tried as best he could to deal with.  I'm more of a DC fan than a Marvel one, but DCs -one- job is to tell stories, and they're bad at it.  At least in most of their movies with some exceptions.

totally agree it should've been 2 or 3 films which is what I think Snyder planned anyway.  I can't say I would blame WB though, they just don't have the money to toss at this stuff like Disney does with Marvel. 

I thought it was ok.  better than the Whedon version, but still not great.  the longer time really helped with Steppenwolf to develop him more.  I can't stand Ezra Miller or Ray Fischer.  both are just terrible actors.  Love Jason Momoa and Gal Gadot.  Batfleck is ok.  I think this would have been a lot more epic if Snyder had the chance to refine it more.

DC/Warners are pretty much to blame though, however you feel about Snyder's vision.  They've  come off the Dark Knight trilogy on a high, were rebooting Superman with Nolan as producer, and TBH that movie is not bad at all. BUT...look across the street at Marvel!  "We need to catch up and we don't need to put the ground work in to get where they are now, do we, Zack?  That wasn't really a question, Zack.  Get it done."

And then we are where we are.  I actually enjoyed ZSJL, but to each their own I suppose.  I always viewed the DCEU as more mythic and operatic in some ways than the MCU, and it mostly stuck to that.  They could do with a Winter Soldier in there, but they got Wonder Woman, so that works.  And Aquaman was (a) by the numbers but (b) just fun, and Shazam, ah, lovely.

And the confusion continues with the absolute piece of shit that is Joker.  I didn't like "King of Comedy" before, why would I watch the Clownface version of it? At least it is off to one side.

Edited by Darmian

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Finally got around to watching this and while I am glad I did. And can recommend it to anyone that can do a 4 hour movie.

I thought it did some plot points better. Removed a lot of cheese. Some better character development. Until the end, I think it just went totally off the rails at the end. 

There was somethings I liked better and somethings I did not. 

I always ask myself: is this re-watchable ,to me any really good movie is, and for me the answer is no. Glad I did and never will again.

Spoiler

Plot needing Flash to generate a huge electric charge not once but twice to save the day (and go back in time to do it).That was not an improvement to the plot in my humble opinion.

4 hours ago, Xeres said:

Rotten Tomatoes has 40% reviewers / 71% audience on the first one.  Take that how you want.

I'd say, on both, the audience wants to like them, and is being charitable. Both sets of numbers are probably overstatements, but the second cut, if you can sit for four hours, or are satisfied watching it in sessions, is much improved.

• Like 1

I'm the odd duck I guess, I haven't seen it but I want to see it. Plus, I liked the Suicide Squad thought it was fun.

I look at all these movies as just part of the multiverse of different realities, just like the comics.

If I hated on everything that I dislike then nothing would ever be good for my fan boy standards. So just watch to enjoy and don't look to in depth because ultimately its a comic book.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

• Glacier Peak changed the title to The Snyder Cut is 4 hours!
On 3/18/2021 at 3:51 PM, ZacKing said:

Looking forward to checking it out.  all the reviews I've seen so far say it stinks though lol

It's not that it stinks.

It's still, essentially, the same movie.  Whedon was basically using Snyder's Cliff's Notes to make the film.

This is just the film as Snyder would have made it.

It tells the same story, just in a different way.

And, because this was being released as a streaming project, instead of a film project, he didn't have to worry about cutting for time constraints.  Which, actually, hurt the film.  A tighter cut would have removed some of the wall-banger fill and probably improved the film slightly.

And Snyder WAS saying that if the film was playing in theaters, there was a plan for an intermission.
Because to sit this long, you kinda need the Bladder Buster soda.
But, about 2 hours in you then have to deal with the effects of having had a Bladder Buster soda.
Luckily, at home, you can just hit "pause" and engineer your OWN intermission.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Well, it IS divided into 6 parts and an epilogue.  From immediately prior to release Snyder was talking about it being streamed episodically, and then HBO Max decided not to do that. Meh.  Is what it is.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

• 5 weeks later

Watched it, still didn't like it.

Over long, dull, ponderous and OH MY GOD stop it with the freaking slow-mo scenes!! Damn movie would have been half the time without those 😄

I know it's a different look at DC and all that, I can accept it as an Elseword version, but Snyder's version of Superman just left me cold. Did in MoS and BvS as well, just don't like his gritty, grim-dark interpretation of it at all.

And REALLY don't like this version of the Flash, he's nothing like the Barry Allen I know and love. The TV version isn't perfect but he's far superior to this version!

Breaks my heart, I've been a DC fan since I was a kid, got almost every DC comic since the original Crisis, just wish DC could do something better with their movies! So far only Wonder Woman and Shazam have been close for me, although I did enjoy Aquaman for what it was.

Such a shame 😞

• Like 1

I loved this film. Seen it three times already including the gorgeous grey cut, personally had no trouble sitting through the whole thing; but I've also had no problem continuing on another day pausing after one of the acts (which is the way I saw the movie the first time). Snyder just knows how to shoot an action movie, period!

I think it's pretty disingenuous (to say the least) to think this tells the same story as Joss's when his cut out cyborg's plot entirely (especially considering he's just about the main character). It also ended completely differently, and Joss cut out several characters including one that introduced a particular plot point needed for a future JL movie. Of course there are the same major plot points, but it is clearly very much a different story. And to be clear, Joss reshot most of the movie to fit his vision. It's not 'just 10 minutes of new content.'

Even down to the post processing, this movie is just gorgeous. Even the "Justice is Grey" version does something special with the greyscale, it just feels classic. If you're a fan of good cinematography I highly recommend the grey version, even if you don't really care about the Justice League.

It's just such a huge improvement over Joss's cut. Joss was trying to make it into a Marvel-adjacent movie with the ugly red/orange filter, corny dialogue, and

Spoiler

strategically cutting scenes of black actors 🥴

which some people (me) don't like. I wanted something else and I got it with this movie. (and Man of Steel which people hate for some reason)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Arcadio said:

I loved this film. Seen it three times already including the gorgeous grey cut, personally had no trouble sitting through the whole thing; but I've also had no problem continuing on another day pausing after one of the acts (which is the way I saw the movie the first time). Snyder just knows how to shoot an action movie, period!

I think it's pretty disingenuous (to say the least) to think this tells the same story as Joss's when his cut out cyborg's plot entirely (especially considering he's just about the main character). It also ended completely differently, and Joss cut out several characters including one that introduced a particular plot point needed for a future JL movie. Of course there are the same major plot points, but it is clearly very much a different story. And to be clear, Joss reshot most of the movie to fit his vision. It's not 'just 10 minutes of new content.'

Even down to the post processing, this movie is just gorgeous. Even the "Justice is Grey" version does something special with the greyscale, it just feels classic. If you're a fan of good cinematography I highly recommend the grey version, even if you don't really care about the Justice League.

It's just such a huge improvement over Joss's cut. Joss was trying to make it into a Marvel-adjacent movie with the ugly red/orange filter, corny dialogue, and

Hide contents

strategically cutting scenes of black actors 🥴

which some people (me) don't like. I wanted something else and I got it with this movie. (and Man of Steel which people hate for some reason)

Interesting! I haven't actually seen the Joss cut, I've only seen the Snyder version. 

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

12 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Interesting! I haven't actually seen the Joss cut, I've only seen the Snyder version. 

Don't bother. You won't thank yourself.

• Haha 1

On the list! Finding time is the issue.

• Like 1

And...I hate to say I'm finding it tedious.  The high school teenage crossed love shenanigans leaves me cold, it's just dull. Episode 1 was bloody awful until the final few minutes.  Then I was interested. By episode 3 we're back to that again and I just don't care.  I'll see how it goes.

1 hour ago, Darmian said:

And...I hate to say I'm finding it tedious.  The high school teenage crossed love shenanigans leaves me cold, it's just dull. Episode 1 was bloody awful until the final few minutes.  Then I was interested. By episode 3 we're back to that again and I just don't care.  I'll see how it goes.

That's totally fair, like you said the last few minutes of episode one is what kept me watching the rest of the season.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png