What are the petty but real annoyances in CoH?

DougGraves

2 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

That's why I like Death Shamans. "But oh, kind sir, my XP is hardly worth your time. Allow me to raise some more for you."

You do realize the zombies the Death Shamans summon don't give any XP, right?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

My biggest complaints come in the form of some players attitudes. Mostly those that seem to adhere to the idea that if you power level a character you have "no idea" how to play when you get to the upper levels. All i can ever think is "maybe some of us are just more advanced then you are and dont need the remedial courses of playing playing the low levels to remind us about taking hasten and travel powers or what a energy blast power does every time around. 

• Like 2

Being able to punch through Titans...yet flailing ineptly at the overhead branches and leaves in a forest.

• Haha 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

The inability to separate AE farms from SF mishes in the select menu. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

On 3/18/2021 at 5:27 PM, DougGraves said:

Having to go into the police station to see the detective when there is another detective standing right outside.

That's when you use the Walk power and sashay through the station.  😉  

If only there were police persons standing around drinking coffee or eating donuts that would look up and admire you as you pass by them, with the usual civilian banter about your character previously saving the day.  

Hey, my characters have egos and like preening.  😄   

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/18/2021 at 8:43 PM, Luminara said:

Having to set up power trays all over again after a respec.

So much this! Please just leave the unchanged powers where they are!

Also, Auction House bugs are a pain in the proverbial.

Thought of another one: Dialog that pops up under my upper-left-corner map!

"Thanks for the vital clue, but I was looking at my phone. Could you repeat that?"

"Hello?"

Edited by DoctorDitko
  • Like 2

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

2 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

Thought of another one: Dialog that pops up under my upper-left-corner map!

I keep a floating tab 4 with only NPC Dialog/Cutscene Captions in it.

• Like 2

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

5 hours ago, Fire Chief said:

The sails on the ships for the ITF I always get stuck in em with my flyers 😄

The ships at the dock in Cimerora are moored in opposite directions, but the sails are filled with wind blowing in the direction the ship is pointed, as if the wind completely reverses direction if you move sideways twenty feet.

And a particularly petty one, that from Positron's own statement I'm the only person to complain about in the entire live run of the game:  Virtually all of the buoys in the game are wrong. The IALA International Maritime Buoyage Standard defines the vertically red-and-white-striped buoy as a center-channel marker, indicating that there is deep water on all sides of the buoy, and it can be safely passed on any side. Instead, we see them moored ten feet away from docks, or (in Independence Port) used in place of the red and green lateral buoys marking the sides of the deep-water channel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saikochoro said:

Caves disguised as office buildings.

Anyone else envision Igneous critters in cubicles, sipping coffee, tapping away on spreadsheets and muttering about TPS reports?

Edited by Luminara
My cubicle needed attention.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

4 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

Also, Auction House bugs are a pain in the proverbial.

It's not a bug per se, but it seems to be something built into the game that, any time you buy a particular item of salvage off the AH to be able to craft an IO, the first mob you defeat after crafting the IO will drop that salvage.