Focused Feedback: Power Changes (Release Candidate 1)

26 minutes ago, SuperPlyx said:

Question about the Singularity pull mechanic, will the MoBs that use Singularity also get this new mechanic?

I know Prima Capo's from The Family use Singularity, do I need pull resistance now? I can't think of anything that pulls you in game. Perhaps KB protection could also do Pull Protection.

Altho we may need to rename it.

Not in a position to check, but I would assume that they will. As for the protection, as it behaves like Repel, only backwards, I would think that Repel protection would cover it. Repel protection is far less common than KB protection, though.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

Question about the Singularity pull mechanic, will the MoBs that use Singularity also get this new mechanic?

Lately, they have been notifying us when powers are adjusted the same in the patch notes, however, that may just now be the normal state of adjustments. I would say to definitely be prepared for that.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

On 4/10/2021 at 10:58 PM, KingofMonkeys said:

Still not a fan of the change to fast cast snipe's range, it was a nice way to deal with fliers / cowards and the like mid-combat. They should have something a little more than 80' imo.

I think it's OK the way they've done it, but I also think it would be ok if they were 100'.

On 4/11/2021 at 2:16 AM, Katharos said:

Are there plans to push this fix before implementing the changes on live? I wanted to get a feel for these changes in particular - I had concerns the new mechanic might make nin feel lurch-y and clumsy when going from one to two back to one stacks.

I'm pretty sure they won't send it live if it breaks your mez protection.

13 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

I know Prima Capo's from The Family use Singularity, do I need pull resistance now? I can't think of anything that pulls you in game. Perhaps KB protection could also do Pull Protection.

Altho we may need to rename it.

I would hope that Repel resistance protects against this.

Still curious if the Full Auto changes are ported to critters.

Scrapper Shinobi-Iri feedback:

We need a 2nd icon granted to tell us when the crit buff is active.  If this is somehow not in the cards, how about adding a 3% ToHit buff with the same "Out of combat" flags as the crit buff so I can at least monitor that to tell me when my crit buff is active?

SO-friendly issue - not enough stealth.

I confirmed this behavior using the Sentinel version (they appear to be set up the same, just with crit mod vs +damage).

If you get hit, you lose your damage bonus/crit bonus.  The issue is the power doesn't provide enough Stealth to hide your presence.

This means on SO builds, you are reliant on your Defense to keep up your bonus damage.  That's a pretty significant gain for slotting just a single Stealth IO.