Focused Feedback: Power Changes (Release Candidates)

26 minutes ago, SuperPlyx said:

Question about the Singularity pull mechanic, will the MoBs that use Singularity also get this new mechanic?

I know Prima Capo's from The Family use Singularity, do I need pull resistance now? I can't think of anything that pulls you in game. Perhaps KB protection could also do Pull Protection.

Altho we may need to rename it.

Not in a position to check, but I would assume that they will. As for the protection, as it behaves like Repel, only backwards, I would think that Repel protection would cover it. Repel protection is far less common than KB protection, though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

Question about the Singularity pull mechanic, will the MoBs that use Singularity also get this new mechanic?

Lately, they have been notifying us when powers are adjusted the same in the patch notes, however, that may just now be the normal state of adjustments. I would say to definitely be prepared for that.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

On 4/10/2021 at 10:58 PM, KingofMonkeys said:

Still not a fan of the change to fast cast snipe's range, it was a nice way to deal with fliers / cowards and the like mid-combat. They should have something a little more than 80' imo.

I think it's OK the way they've done it, but I also think it would be ok if they were 100'.

On 4/11/2021 at 2:16 AM, Katharos said:

Are there plans to push this fix before implementing the changes on live? I wanted to get a feel for these changes in particular - I had concerns the new mechanic might make nin feel lurch-y and clumsy when going from one to two back to one stacks.

I'm pretty sure they won't send it live if it breaks your mez protection.

13 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

I know Prima Capo's from The Family use Singularity, do I need pull resistance now? I can't think of anything that pulls you in game. Perhaps KB protection could also do Pull Protection.

Altho we may need to rename it.

I would hope that Repel resistance protects against this.

Still curious if the Full Auto changes are ported to critters.

Scrapper Shinobi-Iri feedback:

We need a 2nd icon granted to tell us when the crit buff is active.  If this is somehow not in the cards, how about adding a 3% ToHit buff with the same "Out of combat" flags as the crit buff so I can at least monitor that to tell me when my crit buff is active?

SO-friendly issue - not enough stealth.

I confirmed this behavior using the Sentinel version (they appear to be set up the same, just with crit mod vs +damage).

If you get hit, you lose your damage bonus/crit bonus.  The issue is the power doesn't provide enough Stealth to hide your presence.

This means on SO builds, you are reliant on your Defense to keep up your bonus damage.  That's a pretty significant gain for slotting just a single Stealth IO.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2021 at 10:55 AM, BillyMailman said:

Can I ask about the Rest change noted in the RC2 thread (the no-other-powers-while-resting one)? Why is that being done? Is there some cheese or exploit that Only Affecting Self wasn't enough to prevent?

My issue is that it seems like that change will make toggle-heavy characters have an even worse time of things if they die and have to use a rez that doesn't full-heal. Currently, if I have to use a small rez insp, I can just pop Rest as soon as the stun wears off, and re-toggle everything else while resting. This change seems like it's going to make rez-and-re-toggle time go way up for any rez that doesn't bring you back up to a reasonable amount of health.

My understanding is this has to do with an implementation change that went along with this (I believe it's now animation rooting instead of using a massive immobilize to keep you in place).

I agree though, I think toggling while recovering is pretty nice. I had mentioned this before but was a bit flippant ("eh, it's nice after your wakie") but I'm starting to lean towards "this is better qol than 0 recharge." (Not that they're related)

On 4/11/2021 at 3:16 PM, SwitchFade said:

Pool > Fighting > Cross Punch: Fixed critical damage values

May I ask, did this result in a net change to this power's damage output?

Live crit mag:

Magnitude Expression: (0.76*Melee_Damage)*(0.15*source.ownPowerNum?(Pool.Fighting.Boxing) + 0.15*source.ownPowerNum?(Pool.Fighting.Kick) + 1)

Beta crit mag:

Magnitude Expression: (1.27*Melee_Damage)*(0.15*source.ownPowerNum?(Pool.Fighting.Boxing) + 0.15*source.ownPowerNum?(Pool.Fighting.Kick) + 1)

Looks pretty significant

Edited by Replacement

Well I leveled up a Grav/Sonic with Sorcery for a super Singularity in anticipation of the new page. I guess I’d better get a Granite-less Stone tank ready to go next. Excited for all the cool changes to go live soon 🙂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, arcane said:

Well I leveled up a Grav/Sonic with Sorcery for a super Singularity in anticipation of the new page. I guess I’d better get a Granite-less Stone tank ready to go next. Excited for all the cool changes to go live soon 🙂

My “No Granite” Stone Tanker is Level One with its entire IO compliment  awaiting the live patch.

• Like 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

12 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Can no longer activate other powers while resting

I hope you will reconsider this change. Being able to turn on your toggles while resting is nice.

Agreed, and there is really no reason not to. Please don't tell me now you think rest is overpowered. Would be nice, similarly, if the dumb phase block in at least PVE was removed. Since i've never, and will NEVER take phase from the concealment pool, or on a HEAT, this only applies to hibernate. Which given the rech value etc, really only applies to tanker and brute ice armor, and considering that it's already kinda dumb as is and should really be changed to icy bastion anyway, it should at least in current have the no-phase removed.

I had a chance to test travel power changes on the Brainstorm server.  I have a character with flight/afterburner, as well as super speed.

-SPEED PHASE-

I don't think this is working quite right.  My character was in The Hive, and Speed Phase didn't allow me to pass through the Monsters there.  I only really checked against Monsters but I definitely could not pass through them.

-EVASIVE MANEUVERS-

If I read the text right, the defense bonus this gives should go away if I am in combat.  However, it definitely did not, according to Combat Attributes.  This is really good in my favor, but either is a bug or the text is wrong.

• Like 1

• Jimmy changed the title to Focused Feedback: Power Changes (Release Candidates)
On 4/16/2021 at 7:59 PM, garvisdol73 said:

I had a chance to test travel power changes on the Brainstorm server.  I have a character with flight/afterburner, as well as super speed.

-SPEED PHASE-

I don't think this is working quite right.  My character was in The Hive, and Speed Phase didn't allow me to pass through the Monsters there.  I only really checked against Monsters but I definitely could not pass through them.

-EVASIVE MANEUVERS-

If I read the text right, the defense bonus this gives should go away if I am in combat.  However, it definitely did not, according to Combat Attributes.  This is really good in my favor, but either is a bug or the text is wrong.

Speed Phase works going through the Giant Monsters in the Hive. You may not have had high enough stealth to allow for the effect to work - meaning the Giant Monsters saw you, which caused you to enter combat and nullify the ability of Speed Phase.

Edit: Proof

Spoiler

And Evasive Maneuver's defensive bonus is suppressed after entering combat. Please see below:

Spoiler

Before entering combat

After entering combat

Edited by Faultline
Deleting attachments per request.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

11 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Could you possibly look at the Warshade damage aura?

I'm pretty sure CPH only looked at powers with 3+ second cast times.  The power colloquially known as "Orbiting Debt" only has a 2.03s cast.  What hurts with OD is that it's the longest cast in a sequence to re-toggle that takes a total of about 7 seconds just for the 6 WS toggles.  As a temporary buff for Khelds, changing all their toggles to cast very quickly would certainly help.

I was looking at some of the older threads and wondering why flight control was removed from infiltration? That would have provided an excellent option for players who use Mystic Flight.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

19 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Speed Phase works going through the Giant Monsters in the Hive. You may not have had high enough stealth to allow for the effect to work - meaning the Giant Monsters saw you, which caused you to enter combat and nullify the ability of Speed Phase.

This is almost certainly the case. Giant Monsters have extremely high base perception, such that they can even see a Stalker who approaches within 5'. More mundane sources of stealth, even stacked, will let them see you even further out.

39 minutes ago, UberGuy said:

This is almost certainly the case. Giant Monsters have extremely high base perception, such that they can even see a Stalker who approaches within 5'. More mundane sources of stealth, even stacked, will let them see you even further out.

Exactly. I just went to full PvE stealth cap in my post on order to demonstrate it actually worked. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png