Power Customisation ... Sparkles.

Herotu

We've got some great power customisation options, and thanks for them ...

... would it perhaps be possible to have a customisation option that included some sparkles, or little magic stars (like the Fairy Dust Aura) please - you know, a visual indicator that a power is MAGICAL? (Ofc, not exclusive to magic characters). 

Edited by Herotu
  • Like 1

It's very possible to do sparkling auras around yourself.... body, hands, eyes, head, etc.  

I assume you're looking for something such that, if you throw a Fireball, the TARGET gets some fiery sparkles on them? 

Or sparkles just around the projectile / beam path?

It could work better with some powers than others.... Dark Miasma you probably wouldn't notice it among the cloud on them from Darkest Night, or Tar Patch.  Similarly it would be hard to notice through some of the Radiation glows from Rad Emission debuffs. But sparkles trailing some Archery shots, or following the blade of a katana, etc.... yea I could see that.  I'm not sure i'd personally use it any.  I can headcanon "magic" by other effects just fine. But, more OPTIONS for how your powers look is pretty much always a "Yes" from me. 

10 hours ago, MTeague said:

I can headcanon "magic" by other effects just fine. But, more OPTIONS for how your powers look is pretty much always a "Yes" from me. 

I struggle with the notion of headcanon because if we're just going to imagine things, why do we have the game (or any game) at all?

Sometimes I wish we could go back to the pods...

1*Km8L3hkAcjNhZWtFLDWmtA.png

Judging by how Interface Incarnate Powers work, it may be possible to add auras/FX onto enemies with regular attacks, but I'm unsure how possible it is to recreate that sort of effect for purely cosmetic purposes.

If it can be done, I'm all for it, having more customisation options is always good, and I'd love to see more of it for powers too!