Earth/Rad or Fire/Rad

Tacheyon

I have an idea for a character that can work for both a Earth/Rad Dom or a Fire/Rad.  Basically they are a walking Meltdown.

In any case I am curious as to which build has the better synergy and viability in late game content.  If anyone has tried out these combos before.

I honestly hate /rad on a dom so much I just made a corr. But both would pair really well with rad. I mean as a dom you really can't go bad with fire or earth as primarys when synergizing with other secondary unless you're doing it for a concept thing. 

• Like 5

I have to agree with @mbre2006  that rad on a dom just isn't where it's at.  I tried out a lot of these new toys when HC popped back up and I got a /rad dom up to 50 but haven't touched it in over a year since.  The animations on the attacks are sloooooowww and the gimmick heal is not a reliable thing to count on.  It's neat to have laser eyes on a dom but the only thing going for /rad is the pbaoe attack it has is possibly the strongest of all the dom standard pbaoe attacks.  

There's some pretty good assaults but rad ain't one of em.  

Edited by Mezmera
  • Like 1

I really dislike Radioactive Assault. It's a set built for an armored character, not Dominators. An armored player can footsy around with an unreliable heal without too much worry. On a Dominator the timing is awkward and the set overall just not very good. It might get better with extensive IOs but I've tended to just avoid it.

Dark Assault is a set with a similar feel to Radioactive Assault, and while it's far from perfect, it's still got at least a few tools useful to a Dominator build.

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Like 2