One suggestion that people would have to be mad to be against, make it so doors allow people to click them even if they are open.

How many times over the years have you been running to the rescue only to be waylaid by an open door? It makes no sense that an open door should slow us down at all, we should be able to walk right through it.

That said doors serve as transitions between maps for the game, and allow you to click on them while in their closed state to get in. Once they open either they can't be clicked on, or the hotbox for clicking on them has shrink or moved to a non logical location.

Wouldn't it be grand if we could click anywhere on an open door and begin transitioning to the new map without having to wait for that door to close?

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Thinking of the trams and ITF final mission doors as the big examples here?

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

17 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Thinking of the trams and ITF final mission doors as the big examples here?

Yes, otherwise elevators in Portal Corp, elevator in the Yin TF mish to go 'save' the council member, submarine hatches, the gates on the final mission in the Tin Mage TF,   etc.

Edit, even the boats on mish 1 & 3 of the ITF.

Edited by SeraphimKensai

1 hour ago, Razor Cure said:

Not a 'fix', but you CAN go into those kinda gates, when they are open/. Hover your mouse down low at the door frame, and the blue hand will appear.

Yes, but do you know where that blue hand has been? You know what happens with the guards at the hazard zone entrances...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Agreed that the door being open or closed should have no bearing on its clickability.

Hell, two-thirds of characters in this game would hardly be slowed down by a closed and FORTIFIED door, nevermind an open one.

*CRASH*

"Why'd you smash through the wall?"

"The door was broken."

• Like 1

One of the things I'd DESPERATELY like improved is the click-ability of certain doors. For example, the small doors in the Cimeroran boats can *EASILY* be clogged up by someone playing a "HUGE" type of character build and hogging up the front space of the door. It's quite irritating to be honest, and then we all have to wait due to a costume design. I think that doors like that should be able to have alternative clicking locations or allowed to be "clicked through" the player. Also, there are lots of helicopters that have click locations NOWHERE NEAR THE DAMN HELICOPTER DOOR LOL! That drives me nuts!

The only thing that comes to mind is that recent IGN "article" (term used loosely) about why Doors are one of the hardest objects to code.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

15 hours ago, Black Zot said:

Agreed that the door being open or closed should have no bearing on its clickability.

Hell, two-thirds of characters in this game would hardly be slowed down by a closed and FORTIFIED door, nevermind an open one.

*CRASH*

"Why'd you smash through the wall?"

"The door was broken."

You say that, but every hero in the game that uses superspeed has, at some point, been brought to a total and jarring halt by an empty cardboard box. Think how much tougher doors are than empty cardboard boxes!

As for the original point I whole heartedly agree with making doors clickable regardless of their state. However, as you'd think this is such an obvious thing to have done years ago I suspect the implementation must be trickier than we'd suspect.

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"