Let's Play a Game: "What the 'ell is That Thing!?" IO Set Edition

11 minutes ago, KauaiJim said:

That is what I always thought it was only I thought she had her arms crossed like you did something wrong and were in trouble...

Man.  as long as they don't use your middle name.

When they yell at you with your full First, and Middle, and Last name, all strung together, it's just instant regretful puppy / don't hurt me!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TemporalVileTerror said:

fuk luk sau products for sale | eBay

vs

IO_Red_Fortune.png

I don't think I see it, sorry @Frostbiter.  Do you  maybe have a reference photo that looks more similar to what you're describing?

No, that was a guess. Lol I see the tassle now.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

6 hours ago, Nerio72 said:

This is obviously...a film roll/canister?

40px-SBB_Overwhelming_Force.png.22a93cb132662363959b67c9b4c6fdbf.png

Yep, reflecting that it's earned from the movie-themed Summer Blockbuster event.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

On 3/23/2021 at 10:20 PM, Techwright said:

I suspect it is a joke referencing the song "Home on the Range".  Discouraging Word is used in the lyrics, though why they didn't use an antelope, I'll never know.

Oh boy, that makes TOTAL sense, and I grew up on a farm!  I mean, lots of times a bull will just snort to discourage interlopers, but even that didn’t make much sense to me.  Had never thought about Home on the Range.

Love it!

• Like 1

On 3/23/2021 at 8:34 PM, TemporalVileTerror said:

The game is simple!  (And not actually a game, honestly.  I just don't know what this thing is supposed to be a picture of.)

Choose an image from the https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Enhancement_Sets and ask the community:  "What the 'ell is That Thing!?"

I'll go first.

File:IO Sudden Acceleration.png

What the 'ell is That Thing!?

Reminds me of an old kids game my grandmother had at her house.  You had these circular palm sized flexible lid looking things and you’d place them over these little flat rounded beads (like small river pebbles) and push the bead to the edge with a rocking motion, kind of like ‘burping’ a Tupperware lid.  The bead would shoot out from under the lid when it got to the edge of it at a very high speed.  Sudden Acceleration if you will.

It was like Tiddlywinks, but either a knockoff or an older version. (See picture)

But admit the speedometer jumping makes more sense.

EDIT: I had to go find the name/version of the game my grandmother had.  

C4031875-8F29-4F5A-88D8-2D5F42F639C2.jpeg

Edited by Crysis
  • Like 3

On 3/23/2021 at 8:05 PM, Shocktacular said:

It's a fireball with a dark right hand grasping the top (you can only see the thumb and pointer finger), to go with the name "Dominating Grasp".

Here's one:
Thumbnail for version as of 00:22, 8 May 2020
What the 'ell is that thing!?
Is it a keystone? A fortress of some kind?  A big concrete block?  I can get most of these, but this one confuses me.

one of those road barracades... steadfast... get it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1