Let's Play a Game: "What the 'ell is That Thing!?" IO Set Edition

Banana makes sense for Ragnarok because thats when things go bananas.  But now i see the rainbow.Thumbnail for version as of 23:57, 7 May 2020

Unbreakable guard I see the broken spear after striking the shield.spacer.png

This one looks like a bunker to me. Thumbnail for version as of 00:22, 8 May 2020 I think its from Stead Fast protection.

I always thought Impervium Armor was a Rattle snake tale.  But now I clearly see its a PaulderonIO Impervium Armor.png

File:IO Serendipity.png Serendipity looks like 3 bullet holes through glass but if it is I don't understand why.

This one is a big question File:IO Befuddling Aura.png

Edited by Pouncy

An Ounce of Pounce is worth a Pound of Bounce.

4 hours ago, Pouncy said:

File:IO Serendipity.png Serendipity looks like 3 bullet holes through glass but if it is I don't understand why.

Whatever Serendipity gives three of, Karma gives one:

spacer.png

Aegis, by contrast, gives a fancier version:
spacer.png

I can't begin to guess either of these here.....

Edited by Heraclea
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

28 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

Whatever Serendipity gives three of, Karma gives one:

spacer.png

Aegis, by contrast, gives a fancier version:
spacer.png

I can't begin to guess either of these here.....

Aegis is supposed to be some sort of ancient shield, perhaps with some odd attempt at creating a goat hide covering.  The Aegis in Greek mythology was a unique protection device, often described in terms of a shield covered in goat's hide, but the variations of what the device was or looked like are legion.  Regardless, it was meant to give special defense, so we have Aegis as a damage reduction set.

• Thanks 1

I was just looking at this one last night wondering what it is.  I can tell there's a person standing there but I can't tell what is happening to them:

File:IO Preventive Medicine.png

It looks to my older tired eyes like someone standing in a shallow pool beneath a waterfall.  What I originally though when I was looking at the smaller icons in game is that it was a close up of a panda bears face looking slightly down and to the right (the two dark areas being the eye patches).  I mean I know that's not what it is, but that's what my brain decided it was lol.  There is a small bump on the white circular area at about the 10:30 (o'clock) position.

And then there's this one that looks like a small genie or elixir bottle?

IO_Panacea.png

I don't know why, but I have always liked trying to guess the pictures used on abilities/powers in all of these games.  Once you know what they are - they make sense (like the toggle switch) but until you find out your brain associates all kinds of interesting things to them (like the hat eating duck).

Like I always saw a half melted frisbee or a beret when I looked at:

File:IO Sudden Acceleration.png

Now I can see how it might be an analog speedometer or tachometer gauge with the needle moving clockwise quickly.

And this one always looked like an armored sandworm bursting from the sand beginning its arc to dive back down under:

IO Impervium Armor.png

But now I can see a pauldron.

Unbreakable Guard?  I saw a gold loudspeaker or perhaps the old style phonograph speaker:

spacer.png

But thanks to Firefox and 500% zoom I now see the shield and breaking spear.

And how sad is it that I don't even recall seeing these before.  I've been neglecting certain IO's it looks like, lol...

File:IO Serendipity.png   spacer.png

Which is kind of funny because I would have recognized those...  lol

Edited by KauaiJim
  • Like 1

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

19 minutes ago, KauaiJim said:

And then there's this one that looks like a small genie or elixir bottle?

IO_Panacea.png

If I'm not missing my guess, that's from Panacea, which is a magical cure-all medicine that could fix anything up to and sometimes including death. So a fancy potion bottle is probably right.

also I know what this is:
Thumbnail for version as of 00:23, 8 May 2020

It's a pair of handcuffs. But I'm also pretty sure that because it's from the 'Unbreakable Constraint' set it's a reference to that 'You can't break those cuffs.' video from a bunch of years back.

Edited by Crasical
  • Like 2

Tanking is only half the battle. The other half...

6 hours ago, KauaiJim said:

I was just looking at this one last night wondering what it is.  I can tell there's a person standing there but I can't tell what is happening to them:

File:IO Preventive Medicine.png

It looks to my older tired eyes like someone standing in a shallow pool beneath a waterfall.  What I originally though when I was looking at the smaller icons in game is that it was a close up of a panda bears face looking slightly down and to the right (the two dark areas being the eye patches).  I mean I know that's not what it is, but that's what my brain decided it was lol.  There is a small bump on the white circular area at about the 10:30 (o'clock) position.

Like I always saw a half melted frisbee or a beret when I looked at:

File:IO Sudden Acceleration.png

The green one is a person blacked out due to an intensely-bright, celestial-like aura surrounding them, not unlike our single-target healing auras in the game (though they are less bright, of course).  What puzzles me is what's happening at the base of the image.  I can't clearly tell if the figure is up to his hips in a pool, or casting a small shadow, or in some freaky kneeling position.

Your frisbee or beret guess was probably better than mine.  I've long seen the edge and slope of a red tortoise shell, with a hockey puck sticking between the two shell halves.  LOL. 🤪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

The green one is a person blacked out due to an intensely-bright, celestial-like aura surrounding them, not unlike our single-target healing auras in the game (though they are less bright, of course).  What puzzles me is what's happening at the base of the image.  I can't clearly tell if the figure is up to his hips in a pool, or casting a small shadow, or in some freaky kneeling position.

Your frisbee or beret guess was probably better than mine.  I've long seen the edge and slope of a red tortoise shell, with a hockey puck sticking between the two shell halves.  LOL. 🤪

When I first noticed the ‘pool’ or whatever it really is my imagination thought “Is he kneeling in a giant puddle of his own pee looking up head back arms wide yelling why me why do I have bladder control issues?” 

Also now that you say that I see the shell and puck!  Too funny the stuff our minds come up with!  Lol

• Haha 1

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/images/e/e3/IO_Preventive_Medicine.pngIf you look close and compare the name, Preventive Medicine, you see the shadow is the therapist and the patient is in a relined position before them.

For Aegis try this search link

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Aegis GREEK&qs=n&form=QBIRMH&sp=-1&pq=aegis greek&sc=8-11&cvid=62465874903048EA9DB73CB8DA7FD55A&first=1&tsc=ImageBasicHover

Image result for Aegis GREEK
Edited by Pouncy
Cant get a second quote to insert. 8((
  • Like 1

An Ounce of Pounce is worth a Pound of Bounce.

On 5/8/2021 at 9:56 AM, KauaiJim said:

When I first noticed the ‘pool’ or whatever it really is my imagination thought “Is he kneeling in a giant puddle of his own pee looking up head back arms wide yelling why me why do I have bladder control issues?” 

image.jpeg.06a32c04939ea939177434afe55a5741.jpeg