Sonic blast visual option: Music

This is related to my suggestion to have music notes as an aura, but specifically for the sonic blast (and I guess potentially sonic resonance and maybe sonic manipulation sets).

That is simply to add an option in power customization that projects a flowy music staff with notes and other music notations, rather than just the (rather bland) ripples that sonic blast currently uses.

The assets already exist in game as seen when fighting Talons of Vengeance Sirens. That power animation is essentially what I'm asking for.

Thanks!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Tyrannical said:

I'm game for this, the Sirens have 6 or 7 unique powers with these effects right? Plenty to work with.

(I'd also like the musical notes to be an option for Mind Control too)

Seven, according to Paragon Wiki. https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Talons_of_Vengeance#Siren

A mix of ST range
d and cone attacks, with a PBAoE and a targeted AoE as well. Like you said, plenty to work with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later

I would like to add my support for this idea, for two specific reasons. 

First, because, as pointed out by everyone else here, it would (hopefully) require very reasonable tweaks to add customization to sonic blasts to use the musical effects that already exist in game.  Looks like there are at least a few of us excited at the prospect of musical themed characters.   

Second, it would be to finally be possible to make female sonic characters that don't make male yell and growl noises when using their powers. 

I feel like that second point should extend to a bit of a refactor, where even if you don't select music-based customization, female character models are still permanently changed to use female screams and shouts.  At the very least, just reuse the existing female screams that have been in the game practically since the beginning. 

Edited by eustace
  • Like 1