Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

@TemporalVileTerror  linky?  😁

 

EDIT:  Also, whenever you can find time to log on I can probably shoot you an invite.  I'm typically able to log on from 9am to 4pm CST and often, up until 10pm in the evening (barring eating dinner and what not).

Edited by Grindingsucks
Link to post
Share on other sites

Time-wise, I can swing almost anything with enough warning... Like I said, though, Saturday afternoon/evening Pacific time is already booked. That's Wolfepack time. Hangin' with the fam. Teaching Coyote-nephew how to be a red-side Pinball WIzard. 😆

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ultramarine (Rogue SoA) is now at 34. last few powers and slots 😃
Just gathering the procs to slot.
Renamed her to Six-Six 



Ultra.png.09d4c8891446469089140b7bf0fbcdbf.png


Otto Volt (elec/elec brute) is at 15... to be capped at 20 for the teen/sidekick team suggested by @Steampunkette.
I chose to cap at 20 so the Prestige Enh still work--need all the help I can get at that level... or is that not allowed? otherwise, he's running on raging hormones alone.
 

Otto.png.bea101f1065aa292f840dfef8c2e7a40.png

Haven't had time to flesh out the bios. but Ultramarine def has a problem with authority. 

Edited by Six-Six
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Coyotedancer  Gotcha.  There are six other perfectly good days of the wee.,  I'm sure we can work it into one of those.  😉 Good hunting to the Wolf Pack.  😆👍

 

@Six-Six You can join with any character of lvl 38 or lower.  I'm fine with alts- I have plenty of my own (though only one that I've brought into the team, at his point).  I don't know if we will pursue Steampunkettes suggestion, or not.  Right now I'm focusing on lvl 38 play, but I'm open to the idea of doing lower level stuff.  It really depends on the interest from the rest of the team.  Glad I could get you into the team yesterday.  Welcome aboard!

 

@_Kai_ That's fair enough.  If you want help levelling up your character, many of us (including myself) have lvl 50 characters that we could use to get you there in a relatively short amount of time.  Some people prefer to get there gradually, and that's okay too.  I'm just throwing the offer out there if you want it.

 

Also, if anyone needs an influence boost for slotting enhancements, I can probably help with that, to some extent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A little update on our base.  As before, green labels represent completed areas.  I've also added an orange label representing partially completed areas (the portal room is the only area in a partial stage of completion right now.  It's usable, but I still need to add the various greebles to spruce it up).  Still a fair bit to do, but I feel I've made quite a bit of progress:

 

 

38base.PNG

Edited by Grindingsucks
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Grindingsucks said:

@Rathulfr  Hey, just noticed your SG message when I was base building.  Sorry I missed you!  Sometimes I turn the chat box off so I can see better when I'm positioning pieces.  😛

 

No worries, mate, just checking in to see what was up.  I decided to go watch The Falcon and the Winter Soldier with the wife.

 

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, cool.  Wasn't anything going on anyway.  We still haven't got a big enough player base to have more than two people on at the same time, it seems.  Hopefully I'll manage to get a few more members at the faire tonight.  Keeping my fingers crossed! 🤞*

 

*(This emoji that looks like a fat, yellow, rabbit with tiny ears, is actually supposed to represent crossed fingers).

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2021 at 8:29 AM, Grindingsucks said:

A little update on our base.  As before, green labels represent completed areas.  I've also added an orange label representing partially completed areas (the portal room is the only area in a partial stage of completion right now.  It's usable, but I still need to add the various greebles to spruce it up).  Still a fair bit to do, but I feel I've made quite a bit of progress:

 

 

38base.PNG

It seems odd to me that if you were to bring in criminals to put into a Detention cell you'd march them through your portal network (Easy Escape), Reactor Room (Lots of options for Chaos), and Parts Storage (Tools to engineer an escape)

 

Alternatively, Portal, Reactor, Hall of Heroes, Rec Room, Security, Detention.

 

Similarly, in the event you're using Teleporters to put people directly into Detention: When you -release- your prisoners they get to walk through areas where they could cause trouble.

 

... is that weird or am I just crazy?

Edited by Steampunkette
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Steampunkette  On, no- your logic is sound. 🙂👍

 

I also grappled with the  choice of whether or not to put weapons racks in the security station outside the detention area.  In real prisons, you typically only arm guards in perimeter towers (those running the cell blocks are not often armed, for fear of prisoners wresting away the guns).  I finally decided that 1) A lot of prisoners are going to be super villains, and will have built in weapons anyway, so I might as well stick them in there.  Also- it just spruced the place up a bit and made it look more ah... security-like to me.

 

I do plan to add a separate teleport pad (similar to TemporalVileTerror's suggestion) in the area that I have the trainers at presently (which is the security room), to represent a means to safely transport prisoners in and out of the facility.  I just hadn't got to finishing that part of the base yet.  I'll need to move the trainers to a different area before I do that, of course.  The same teleport pad would be used to deposit and remove prisoners from the base facility, so they would be well isolated.

 

While the base has relatively strong defenses (though I haven't mentioned it, the Vault is so well protected that IC'ly, our current group hasn't even been able to figure out how to breach it (the base is an old one, inherited from a now-deceased SG) since occupying the base).  Prisoners escaping and accessing the parts storage area or wreaking havoc by damaging essential base-functions IS a possible risk, and will probably happen (by design) as part of some RP event down the road.  Part of the fun will be letting the heroes handle the emergency.

 

I will also confess that my base building is more commonly intuitive, than logical.  I start with the largest area plot.  Then I decide if the base will be above ground, below ground, or a combination of the two.  Then I block out "rooms" by raising floor/ceiling.  Once I have rooms blocked out, I'll snip tool a picture of the blank map and add labels as seems good to me (more often based on the size of the rooms and aesthetic, than sound logic- although I do make some attempt to consider logic when placing rooms).  Then I add essential functions, then whatever greebles I think will make it look cool.

 

I will also skip around a lot, when I get bored of working on one area, and switch to something new for variety- which is why I get some partially completed areas.

 

Anyway, thank you for the thoughtful and constructive feedback.  It's always useful to hear advice from someone good at thinking about these things.  😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Grindingsucks said:

@Steampunkette  On, no- your logic is sound. 🙂👍

 

I also grappled with the  choice of whether or not to put weapons racks in the security station outside the detention area.  In real prisons, you typically only arm guards in perimeter towers (those running the cell blocks are not often armed, for fear of prisoners wresting away the guns).  I finally decided that 1) A lot of prisoners are going to be super villains, and will have built in weapons anyway, so I might as well stick them in there.  Also- it just spruced the place up a bit and made it look more ah... security-like to me.

 

I do plan to add a separate teleport pad (similar to TemporalVileTerror's suggestion) in the area that I have the trainers at presently (which is the security room), to represent a means to safely transport prisoners in and out of the facility.  I just hadn't got to finishing that part of the base yet.  I'll need to move the trainers to a different area before I do that, of course.  The same teleport pad would be used to deposit and remove prisoners from the base facility, so they would be well isolated.

 

While the base has relatively strong defenses (though I haven't mentioned it, the Vault is so well protected that IC'ly, our current group hasn't even been able to figure out how to breach it (the base is an old one, inherited from a now-deceased SG) since occupying the base).  Prisoners escaping and accessing the parts storage area or wreaking havoc by damaging essential base-functions IS a possible risk, and will probably happen (by design) as part of some RP event down the road.  Part of the fun will be letting the heroes handle the emergency.

 

I will also confess that my base building is more commonly intuitive, than logical.  I start with the largest area plot.  Then I decide if the base will be above ground, below ground, or a combination of the two.  Then I block out "rooms" by raising floor/ceiling.  Once I have rooms blocked out, I'll snip tool a picture of the blank map and add labels as seems good to me (more often based on the size of the rooms and aesthetic, than sound logic- although I do make some attempt to consider logic when placing rooms).  Then I add essential functions, then whatever greebles I think will make it look cool.

 

I will also skip around a lot, when I get bored of working on one area, and switch to something new for variety- which is why I get some partially completed areas.

 

Anyway, thank you for the thoughtful and constructive feedback.  It's always useful to hear advice from someone good at thinking about these things.  😁

 

If it's not too late, then?

 

Why not move the rooms for Security, Generators, and Detention to the other side of the huge room that you've blocked out for different sub-rooms?

 

With it on the opposite side of the Vehicle Garage, you wouldn't need to do the extra teleporters, and the backup generators could be right there next to the hospital in case of power loss.

 

Alternatively, you could nix the "Doorway" between the Parts/Vault hallway, slap on a Teleporter Aleph with a Door over it, and have it narratively connect to a door that you place in the Vehicle Garage and claim is "Downstairs" or "Upstairs" from the garage. Like a Door in the Security room with a portal to Alpeh and a door in the Garage with a portal to whatever the B one is.

 

Like there'd still be room for Mayhem and RP thereof. But it might make more narrative sense for placement.

Edited by Steampunkette
Link to post
Share on other sites

While it isn't too late (technically) to do so, swapping completed rooms with the base builder is, frankly, quite a pain and (IMO) not really worth the trouble.  Putting a single security/Prisoner transport teleporter in the the Security room is  (again, IMO) a much more elegant and simple solution.

 

I suppose, if I'm to be honest, I'm not too troubled by the problem, itself.   I tend not too think too hard about such things in comic-book genre games.  I do try to keep things at least somewhat believable, but in a game about people who can fly, throw tanks, and shoot lasers out of their eyes, it's not a particularly strong consideration for me.  Most classic hero bases from the comics don't really address it (prisons, and the like, perhaps being an exception) and a few (DC's Legion of Super Heroes Bases, come to mind) are positively absurd.  😁 🤷‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a functional minimalist, and all of my bases usually have teleporters and trainers in the entry portal room (or within a few steps of the entry portal), so I can pop in and out quickly.  I then make storage and workstations the next most convenient items (a few more steps away from the entry portal), and then any aesthetics comprise the rest of the base plot.  [My best example is ROCKET-10094 on Everlasting.]

 

That said, I do find The .38 Specials' base a bit daunting: navigating to the teleporters is an adventure in and of itself.  And I still haven't found any crafting workstations or storage bins (admittedly, I haven't looked all that hard).  It's an impressive base: something one would definitely find in comic books or other media.  It's quite well done.

 

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

That said, I do find The .38 Specials' base a bit daunting: navigating to the teleporters is an adventure in and of itself.

 

So, oddly, the portal room is actually just north of the command center, so it's fairly easy to get to from where you enter the underground part of the base.  It probably doesn't "feel" like that's true, given the sprawling layout of the base, but here's a map reference to give you an idea (the red "X" is where you step off the lift from above):

 

38base.thumb.PNG.a18175caac012c31fd49691e825f1213.PNG

 

Quote

And I still haven't found any crafting workstations or storage bins (admittedly, I haven't looked all that hard).

 

I do often disguise base crafting stations, or put them together with other objects to lend them a more interesting look.  This might be part of your difficulty.  Most everything you might need access to should be in the science lab, medical center, or arcane science lab.  Obviously, storage is going to be in parts storage and vault which, I'll grant, is less convenient.  If I've missed anything, do let me know.  I can always add it in.

 

 

Quote

It's an impressive base: something one would definitely find in comic books or other media.  It's quite well done.

 

That's very generous.  Thank you.  It is somewhat daunting to navigate, as you said.  I probably need to get everyone together for a little base tour/walkthrough sometime.  I suppose taking a few screenshots to illustrate where the crafting stations and such actually are, wouldn't hurt either.  😁

 

EDIT:  Went a head and took some screenies for visual reference...

This large science station is a combined Inspiration Collector (Red), Super Collider (Green), and Workbench (Blue):

ScienceStation.PNG.76671f9791b560628c6e2ec177f80060.PNG

A standard Enhancement Table (fitted next to a clean tank) in the Science Lab:

EnhancementTable.PNG.3a0b1c95abaf6a7576a0e955234b3b5c.PNG

This magical Forge disguises a workbench (flat, metal plate on the stone table, which is actually the top of a computer tower):

ArcaneWorkbench.PNG.a386347b7c67fe13ab5453bff0555b8b.PNG

Edited by Grindingsucks
Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple of other things that are probably not intuitive/obvious...

 

This Scry Glass is also a dimensional teleporter.  Just click on the center of the galaxy (circled in red):

ArcaneTeleport.thumb.PNG.26994f8e359ccfd161c16ee2aa6035db.PNG

 

The Garage contains the .38 Specials Recon Truck (equipped with surveillance gear and a holographic device that disguises it as an ordinary box truck).  You can click on the console that is meant to open the garage doors.  This simulates taking an underground tunnel with the truck, that has exits in both Boomtown and Steel Canyon:

ReconTruck.thumb.PNG.e4e40a3aee4c44c7203c803377a49f1c.PNG

Just a reference view, from the other direction, facing the big, hydraulic, garage doors:

Garage.thumb.PNG.58cd5c0a9f8ad84cc275dfed2e1d5f03.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yo this is really neat.  I got a 39 Elec Defender that would love a spot here, too bad, So i'm def gonna roll up something new probably along the lines of support as i can see this getting very interesting =]

 

I'll keep a lookout for you guys i just migrated to the server from reunion

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, FuturaTrunks said:

Yo this is really neat.  I got a 39 Elec Defender that would love a spot here, too bad, So i'm def gonna roll up something new probably along the lines of support as i can see this getting very interesting =]

 

I'll keep a lookout for you guys i just migrated to the server from reunion

 

 

Welcome to Everlasting!  When you get your character made, feel free to msg me for an invite.  We'd love to have you!  😁👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...