The .38 Specials

Grindingsucks

@tavmminqat or another option would be:

see your toon to it's full potential (to 50, with sets and incarns). then roll a duplicate for the purpose of .38's then just PL him/her. slot it according to house rules. I've done this with a few toons (that I really enjoy but have had the challenge sucked out of them by power creep). and it's nice to compare  what an OP toon can do and what a .38-er can't. personally, I like the limitation. it makes the hero feel a little more relatable and somewhat realistic (in a purely fantastic setting, that is). 😃 

• Like 1

Okay Acrobattle reached 38. Plus got a start on the first “issue” of The 38S: Special Forces (yes I’m using .38 Special album and song names in these things—it’s actually a bit of a challenge).:-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Hey, did we nominate the base for Best Base contest? It's a really awesome base. Deserves a call out.

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Recall that character from comics and the movies.:-)

• 2 weeks later

Is this group still kicking and looking for members? I have exactly the same frustrations with the current state of the game - i haven't really had any fun on Homecoming actually playing it since I got here, for these reasons, and this group has like 90% of what I'm looking for in a community.

If you'd like one more, I'm @Psykera in-game and Psythe#8037 on Discord.

• Like 1

I'll send you an invite on THU, if you don't get one before then.

FYI: I'll be running a "Tipsy Thursdays" team tomorrow evening, around 7:30 EST. Hope to see everyone there.

• Like 1

Correction: Tipsy Thursday begins at 2000 HOURS (8 pm) EST.

We'll be meeting in The Row.

Edited by cranebump

UPCOMING EVENTS (and sundries):

MAY 27th: TIPSY THURSDAY (Take #2): I'll be looking for folks this THU (27 MAY) again, 8 EST to take on some Vig tips. I'll be running Acrobattle, so be on the lookout.

JUN 10th: 38S-Issue #1: Special Forces: The first team AE arc is more or less done. I'm planning on running it with the team on the evening of THU, 10 JUN, around 8:30 EST. Couple of tough bosses in there, so pack your Insps and butt creme. Will be running Discord, so the lead can read and share clues and such (and so we can socialize an' all that). If someone else wants to lead, I'm down, or I can run the star.

SUNDRIES:

Issue 2 in the works: Meanwhile, I am laying down the initial story outline for 38S-2: Strength in Numbers, which picks up where Special Forces leaves off (and introduces a a new threat from the current baddie).

Related AE Meta-story Arcs: My "Leviathan" arcs in AE make up a sort of "prequel" to our initial team arcs. If you want to get a leg up on the lore, I suggest running Leviathan 1-5. It's not a prereq for the SG arcs, but it does connect and provide context to some things in 38S-1: Special Forces, and it is specifically set up to be soloed (though teams are fine, as well).

Get a room! If you got a toon in the SG, but haven't bothered with a Dossier or grabbing "living quarters," please do so. The more we get into this concept, the better it'll be for everyone.

See you around the City, kemosabes,

Crane

Just a reminder: Tipsy Thursday Runs tonight at 8. If we only have a few, I'll run this with the .38s as "sponsor." Maybe we can find more folks that want to swing an active character our way.

• 4 months later

Looks like our group sorta went pffffft...BUT...

I am usually on THU. You can always hit me up for STUFF (whatever "stuff" may be). Like tonight, I just logged on Acrobattle just to check out rolls. We're still small and nimble.:-) 

• Thumbs Up 1