more Force Field ideas

Wavicle

1 minute ago, Wavicle said:

I suspect that simply isn’t going to be an option. There are people who like the set as it is. Any changes have to include allowing for those people.

Force Bubble could always replace Repulsion Field in the t7 slot and make room for a new t9.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently on fire.

Just now, Wavicle said:

Maybe. You would have to combine the functionality of the two powers (not the insurance cost).

I don't see that as a "have to" but it would probably be pretty easy to implement because they already have such similar roles. t7 Force Bubble, repel/knockdown in a large radius, more forceful knockback within 9ft radius, still allows kb-kd io.

However honestly with how long force field has been ignored from any changes or updates, when/if it is ever actually looked at I don't see redefining reworks as out of the question.

Currently on fire.

1 minute ago, DZKFire said:

It doesn't have any at all, ever since they changed ST buffs to be AoE now

Ok fair point, but I still think it would be better to give the set Offensive buffs. It has plenty of ally protection already.

my -Damage suggestion protects the whole team.

Edited by Wavicle
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

I don’t think the set needs any more single target protective abilities.

Agree here. Doesn't matter if they're ST or AoE, FF does not need anything more to protect its allies. Dispersion, Insulation, and Deflection are plenty. The set does not need an absorb mechanic to be a stellar protective set. 

The powers that interact with enemies and how they interact with enemies is what needs attention.

• Like 2

Currently on fire.

I like the idea merging force bubble and repulsion field into one power for a T7. Make it a tad bigger the dispersion bubble, lower endurance cost to use it. I mean they basically do the same thing. Silly to have two powers that do the same function. 

I like detention field functionality but the way it works now is the team is not going to want to stand around to wait for the field to drop to kill the target.  So like what they did with dimensional field in gravity set. Making it toggle with recharge will make it more functional. They don’t need to change the stats of the power ie recharge endurance cost etc just the way it works to make it more mobile friendly. 

As for the T9. 
they could

1- make it like barrier incarnate,

2 abubble the takes a mob and mushes them together,

3 a field that put any foe with in the dome have -defense and ally +defense

On 4/11/2021 at 8:57 AM, Wavicle said:

The permanent problem is an easy fix. Just make it so that it’s not a timed toggle, it’s a toggle that you can leave up as long as you want.

Allowing it to be put up on multiple targets might be difficult though.

Simple solution could be to add an additional power to detention field that can remove detention field from said target with a low cooldown.

• Like 2