Patch Notes for May 30th, 2019

I enjoyed all my fellow DFB/DiB'r teammates I've met, along with the multiple MSR raiders as well.  Some have now come over to my private server.  Which is cool.  But we enjoyed playing in your sandbox while you allowed us to do so unmolested.  I guess we can consider you a marketing channel to find others who wish a more open sandbox style of play.

So why don't you befriend and continue to play with these good people here?

I just wish the DFB xp didn't start to decline until a little closer to 22 so that it's easier to get into level 25 IOs. Once I get those I stop worrying about money entirely and just play for fun/content up till around 42, then start looking for IO sets and set bonuses.

Thank you for all the hard work on the costumes, powers, etc.

On cutting the rewards down for both DFB and RWZ/MSR raid....all I can say is I'm very disappointed.  Less than a month after re-releasing this game that I've missed for many years, you've now given me reason to stop playing it as much.  I've been trying very hard to get my original characters rebuilt in the game.  I managed to get two of them back to the builds they had before Live shut down.  But now that you are removing the fast-pass rebuild features these two tracks represented, I've little reason to invest all the time I have been on trying to get back to parity.

I've no desire to play with others who wish to enforce their play style on me.  "Don't fire until I herd the room."  "Wait for the Blaster to drop his nuke."  "Don't use your X power, its messing up with my preference to do Y."  Which, really, makes up the bulk of the membership of these boards and in the game.

I'm thankful I have my own personal server to enjoy my old archived characters and those I've restored with my friends.  I will no longer need to try and do that here.

I enjoyed all my fellow DFB/DiB'r teammates I've met, along with the multiple MSR raiders as well.  Some have now come over to my private server.  Which is cool.  But we enjoyed playing in your sandbox while you allowed us to do so unmolested.  I guess we can consider you a marketing channel to find others who wish a more open sandbox style of play.

Bye Felicia.

I just wish the DFB xp didn't start to decline until a little closer to 22 so that it's easier to get into level 25 IOs. Once I get those I stop worrying about money entirely and just play for fun/content up till around 42, then start looking for IO sets and set bonuses.

See this I can understand. I typically used DFB this way also, but we totally skip over DOs by doing this and that really doesn’t feel right. I’m ok with diminished returns after 10.

So why don't you befriend and continue to play with these good people here?

If you're looking for decently rewarding short arcs in that level range you can always try Shauna Stockwell/Eagle Eye in KR and Jim Temblor/Penelope Yin/Doc Delilah in Faultline. They're newer content so better quality than the launch contacts and most of the arcs are only 3 missions long (think one of the KR is maybe 5?) so the XP over time is pretty good. Not as good as DfB obviously, but still good.

Nuclea - Rad/Rad Defender - Defiant - LoonyToons

Thank you for all the hard work on the costumes, powers, etc.

I've no desire to play with others who wish to enforce their play style on me.  "Don't fire until I herd the room."  "Wait for the Blaster to drop his nuke."  "Don't use your X power, its messing up with my preference to do Y."  Which, really, makes up the bulk of the membership of these boards and in the game.

I'm thankful I have my own personal server to enjoy my old archived characters and those I've restored with my friends.  I will no longer need to try and do that here.

Oh dear lord the drama and the huffing and puffing.

This is just my opinion.

My only issue with the VG merit nerf has nothing do with the balance of this content vs the rest, it has to do with the availability of merits as a whole.  As a person who has altitist, it has ALWAYS been hard for me to outfit my multitude of characters because I spend a lot more time doing low-level content and I don't farm. I can honestly say that the merit rewards for doing MSR felt like the first right level of Merit rewards to me since I've been playing the game. I could do an hour of work and get a single IO for one of my slots.

I've always thought the reward merits that you get were set ridiculously low, forcing you to farm if you want to get cool stuff for your characters. You have like twenty something powers with potentially up to six slots on each. That is a TON of IO sets. With current conditions, you're getting really low returns for running TFs etc.  I mean an hour and a half for what like 34 merits? While the cost for most of the good ones is 100. I have to do 3 TFs to get one slot out of how many? for how many characters? It is just too low.

I think reward merits should be increased across the board a good deal. At least twice what they are. MSR was definitely high, but honestly, IMHO it was in the right direction. 

GENERAL

• Added power cooldown indicators as a WIP option, accessible through Options > Window > Beta Settings.

Would this provide a way to track debuffs on targets so we know when to reapply or are the durations and recharges different?

If they ARE then I would like to propose a way of showing/tracking debuffs be added.

In other news, the changes listed here and are amazing and this has to be one of the most impressive dev teams in the industry! <3

I'm very grateful and appreciative of the updates and changes being made to this game. I'm also seeing that you guys are aware of how solo friendly some of the changes were on the original SCoRE server, and you're moving to make it more friendly to our larger playerbase. These things are not unnoticed by everyone, and we do appreciate them.

Keep up the amazing work <3

To anyone complaining about merit changes: There are other ways to buy the IOs. Most IOs are on WW/BM, and you're earning a ridiculous sum of infl by the time your doing MSR. Or even enhancement converters sometimes roll into the Rares+ from their respective groupings. Open your options instead of seeing how limiting this is.

Omg!

Awesome work.

Thank you all!

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

The change to merits in MSR was no surprise as I felt the 10 to 1 conversion ratio was a bit much.

As to DFB , people will still run it, and join other farms as well.  Plus despite the XP adjustment we have the XP boosters to compensate.

Farming and PL'ing will still happen in other parts of the game like it always did, despite these changes.

Thank you again for bringing CoH back

By the way, any chance that energy melee's Energy Transfer power can be reverted to pre issue 13 version or else have that version added to power customization?

• [*]The reward table at the end of the Statesman Miss Liberty Task Force and Lord Recluse Task Force stated that the Synthetic Hamidon could be picked once every 24 hours, and if you had ran the Task Force before the 24 hours were up it granted a Single Origin enhancement instead. However, the timer on the reward table itself was 18 hours, leaving a window of 6 hours in which you thought you would get a SHO, but got a SO instead. This has been fixed by lowering the 24-hour check to 18 hours.

Tbh statesman and sister pysche should at the very least still be giving out taskforces. That content took place before the events of praetoria and darin wade. Never made sense for paragon to go against its own lore here just to make positron the main hero... Id also support putting statesman back in the maria jenkins arc where he was originally kidnapped. Minor gripe, maybe vote on it?

I think reward merits should be increased across the board a good deal. At least twice what they are. MSR was definitely high, but honestly, IMHO it was in the right direction.

I agree with this 100%. You took the words out of my mouth.

I don't have a ton of time to play, and I don't farm. High end builds were always unobtainable to me. Doing MSR was the first time I've felt I could make a great build too. I understand that it was unbalanced, but there should be a comparable way to get merits.

We took this opportunity to make some other changes as well to hopefully make the raid a bit more interesting and ensure all players are encouraged to fully participate. Both the Pylons and The Great Meta... er, the Rikti Dropship now grant merits upon being destroyed.

All hail TGMO! Supplier of merits and sacrificer of the AFK!

Thank you all for all the hard work that has gone into this patch.

This is just my opinion.

My only issue with the VG merit nerf has nothing do with the balance of this content vs the rest, it has to do with the availability of merits as a whole.  As a person who has altitist, it has ALWAYS been hard for me to outfit my multitude of characters because I spend a lot more time doing low-level content and I don't farm. I can honestly say that the merit rewards for doing MSR felt like the first right level of Merit rewards to me since I've been playing the game. I could do an hour of work and get a single IO for one of my slots.

I've always thought the reward merits that you get were set ridiculously low, forcing you to farm if you want to get cool stuff for your characters. You have like twenty something powers with potentially up to six slots on each. That is a TON of IO sets. With current conditions, you're getting really low returns for running TFs etc.  I mean an hour and a half for what like 34 merits? While the cost for most of the good ones is 100. I have to do 3 TFs to get one slot out of how many? for how many characters? It is just too low.

Merits have been increased pretty much across the board. All those 1&2 merit arcs in Praetoria are mostly 9 now. Old posi and sister p in ouro are back to their original numbers. I've noticed various other arcs that are more fairly compensated now. Plus the merit costs of things have been greatly reduced, which amounts to a huge boost across the board.

• Offloaded all the hardware-only physics effects to the CPU. This results in the same physics quality as enabling PhysX hardware, as has been requested, without having to actually update the PhysX libraries. The reason it's being done this way is because updating the libraries would break the game client for other servers that share the same game files. The impact on the CPU is negligible on modern hardware.
  • Rain of Arrows animation has been reduced from 4 to 2 seconds. Base recharge time has been increased 5 seconds to compensate.

:O

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

So how is PhysX activated? I have always been curious about that option - but under settings I can just see "PhysX Support" as N/A and no way to turn it on.

The extra physics effects are on by default, you don't need to enable PhysX hardware support. That's the bit that requires a .dll upgrade that I don't want to do as long as we're sharing the game folder with other servers. Go run into a dumpster or mailbox and you should see junk flying out.