Focused Feedback: Travel Power Updates (FLIGHT POOL) - Build 3

2 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

I think it's pretty clear that Always On AB without OAS was never going to happen. You can have it Always On or you can have it without OAS but not both. Slotting Fly OR taking EvM lets you go at current Live AB speed always on AND without OAS, so basically you got what you're asking for.

I'll vote for always on with OAS.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wavicle said:

I think it's pretty clear that Always On AB without OAS was never going to happen. You can have it Always On or you can have it without OAS but not both. Slotting Fly OR taking EvM lets you go at current Live AB speed always on AND without OAS, so basically you got what you're asking for.

It's strange, I keep getting this exact comment about "speed" and what "I am asking for", but I've never once mentioned speed, anywhere, ever.  With flight + AB on live I am quite content with my travel speed and nobody can point to a post or quote where I've ever asked for more speed.  I was simply looking for a way to roll up the changes they want in the powers how they exist right now without all the mumbo jumbo of a "free" power.  You know, you reach a comfort level with the powers how they are, your playstyle is adapted to that.  That's me, I just want the powers in the pool to remain exactly how they are, just roll up the speed changes and whatever else they want in EvMa to just be rolled in to AB and call it a day.  🙂

• Like 1

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

Origin: Icecomet  (Arc ID 24805), Origin: Icecomet - Chapter 2  (Arc ID 29282), Origin Icecomet - Chapter 3 (Arc ID 39625)

Chapters 4 & 5  (Under development, Coming Soon!)

5 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Oh yeah totally agree with the fact that the perception of what is fast is both relative and subjective. I mean, just for the sake of discussion, for the players that were on legacy during 2004-2005, remember how fast your character moved between levels 1-14? Remember slowly hovering over Perez, then the Hollows to get to that one contact or mission? The closest a player can get to that slow speed is playing through one of the four tutorials with just sprint/slide and no swift.

That bit aside, measuring combat mobility in particular has been tough. I 'think' I am moving faster, but how to I quantify that? I took some gifs of live and beta hover, but again, it is my subjective view - not actual data that can be replicated or retested. 

See IMO the need for combat speed in EvM+hover if that is what people are running is caused by the very thing they were applauding, the flight control to stop on a dime kind of play. 

If i use just Fly in combat either now or on this release it would seem, fly doesnt STOP me when i attack, it doesnt root me. So my blaster can be built to optimize range defense, and fly full speed at a target with even Total Focus qued as my attack, it goes off as a pass by my target, eventually rooting me like 20+yrds away during the animation and even what little bit of supression i might have to suffer through, at least i am not rooted in the smack dab middle of a freakin mob for them all to melee smack me. I dont honestly see a real value to taking EvMan, IO are already making status effects almost no factor on me, plus Clarion if i want it. But yeah it would be nice for EVM to give me something other then a mule for a LOTG proc. 

29 minutes ago, Icecomet said:

It's strange, I keep getting this exact comment about "speed" and what "I am asking for", but I've never once mentioned speed, anywhere, ever.  With flight + AB on live I am quite content with my travel speed and nobody can point to a post or quote where I've ever asked for more speed.  I was simply looking for a way to roll up the changes they want in the powers how they exist right now without all the mumbo jumbo of a "free" power.  You know, you reach a comfort level with the powers how they are, your playstyle is adapted to that.  That's me, I just want the powers in the pool to remain exactly how they are, just roll up the speed changes and whatever else they want in EvMa to just be rolled in to AB and call it a day.  🙂

This is kind of how i feel. I have no issues with suppression during combat if i want to move fast i just leave fly on and kind of let its drift be my combat speed to move in and out of melee range with my attacks. But if they left the pool as Hover, and making it more like CJ with the def being equal and res effect, and then capped sly with 2 IOs to the new speed cap, and then left AB as a LOTG Mule and a power that was always on, OAS that capped you to 102 mph while in use, i am perfectly happy with that. Right now EvM seems to have no worth for me but keeping it as a mule. I dont see anything from a power stand point it really offers me that i need that i have not already learned to play without. 

Oh on a edit, the one thing that would be nice is if fly being on still created a popup menu that was pre populated with all the flight poses possible that can be asigned to buttons. 

Edited by QuiJon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My question is with Hover and whatever combination of EM and the like will my homage Super Wonder Woman tank now move in the air like that cheating Superman at ease in any direction mid-fight or will it still be more like normal flyers where the ground fighter is the more skilled and maneuverable? 

Just seeing if I should drop some powers for Hover and EM.  Likely not, it'd be a tight squeeze but if it's too fun then I may.  

Thanks for the free Afterburner though and all the Travel revamps for that matter. 

2 hours ago, Wavicle said:

You can, of course, turn off the extra tray, don't put the new AB on your bar, and you'll have the exact same playstyle as today, only it won't say OAS. Nothing will have changed for you. No one is forced to take advantage of the new options.

Or, the devs can adopt a different approach than the currently chosen path based upon player feedback, which I was led to believe the purpose of this thread was for.

No one is forced to take advantage of the options?  Why can't the new options be rolled into the existing powers?  That's the question that is being asked.  It's not like me and the other people that aren't crazy about the proposed changes are opposed to the speed changes and other benefits, but why can't they be rolled into the existing powers?  Even if it was an "I don't like it" opinion, the opinion is valid from the point of view of a player.  Maybe you don't like my alternate proposal, that's perfectly reasonable and you're entitled to your opinion, but to tell me or anybody else what we should do and to just accept some change as it's proposed without expressing our opinions on the matter is really counterproductive.

I mean, the level of incomprehension of an expressed alternative and the condescension to those ideas is why more people don't come and express their opinions on the forum.  People tell me all the time on Discord what a train wreck this place is when it comes to this sort of thing and that it's why they don't come here and post anything and now I can clearly see it only takes a thread like this to see it in action and prove the point.

Lastly, keep in mind, it's one thing if I came here to just bitch about the changes, but at least I am offering an alternative approach to a change that not only embodies all the proposed changes in an attempt to structure them into the existing power layout after I spent my own time on the test server evaluating the currently proposed changes.

Is that not what a thread like this is supposed to be for, @Jimmy @Cipher?  If not, I'll stand corrected and apologize at large for offering my opinion and suggestion.

Edited by Icecomet
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

Origin: Icecomet  (Arc ID 24805), Origin: Icecomet - Chapter 2  (Arc ID 29282), Origin Icecomet - Chapter 3 (Arc ID 39625)

My observations as of 5 mins ago. 

BETA Base Fly 25.39

BETA with Fly on 71.79

BETA with only Hover and EvMa on 37.11

BETA with only Fly and EvMa on 71.79 (for 2 secs) 83.52 (for 6 secs) then repeats (staying completely still, no attacking or being attacked).

Fly has 1 FLY IO

Hover has LoTG Def+Rech and Def+End

EvMa has LoTG Def+Rech

37 minutes ago, damienray said:

My observations as of 5 mins ago. 

BETA Base Fly 25.39

BETA with Fly on 71.79

BETA with only Hover and EvMa on 37.11

BETA with only Fly and EvMa on 71.79 (for 2 secs) 83.52 (for 6 secs) then repeats (staying completely still, no attacking or being attacked).

Fly has 1 FLY IO

Hover has LoTG Def+Rech and Def+End

EvMa has LoTG Def+Rech

The on and off part is a bug.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 5:55 PM, QuiJon said:

Oh on a edit, the one thing that would be nice is if fly being on still created a popup menu that was pre populated with all the flight poses possible that can be asigned to buttons. 

Now THIS I like. If we have to have a nuisance bar, put more options in it, and having the flight poses as macros (which likely don't have little icons made) would be a good place for them.

On 4/1/2021 at 8:26 PM, Icecomet said:

Or, the devs can adopt a different approach than the currently chosen path based upon player feedback, which I was led to believe the purpose of this thread was for.

No one is forced to take advantage of the options?  Why can't the new options be rolled into the existing powers?  That's the question that is being asked.  It's not like me and the other people that aren't crazy about the proposed changes are opposed to the speed changes and other benefits, but why can't they be rolled into the existing powers?  Even if it was an "I don't like it" opinion, the opinion is valid from the point of view of a player.  Maybe you don't like my alternate proposal, that's perfectly reasonable and you're entitled to your opinion, but to tell me or anybody else what we should do and to just accept some change as it's proposed without expressing our opinions on the matter is really counterproductive.

I hope this comes across as an explanation instead of an attack - it's certainly meant as one. Using the approach they took the new options are rolled into the existing powers. One just happened to be renamed.

In the older builds, if you change nothing, you will move as fast as you did before - faster if you didn't have the old Afterburner because the flight speed cap increase was rolled into the existing power called Fly. If you slotted Afterburner for flight speed (to increase the cap) it's possible that the reduced flight speed increase from this patch will mean you need to move those slots to Fly to be faster.  If you had Afterburner before, will have also more options for what you can do while Evasive Maneuvers is active than you did using the live version of Afterburner because it's not limited to Only Affecting Self status. The "new" bits added to Evasive Maneuvers - the knockback resistance and immobilize protection - are purely optional if you really just wanted to Fly but if you had Afterburner before you get them, so they're rolled into "the existing power" which was renamed Evasive Maneuvers. If all you cared about in the current Afterburner was flying faster, you can even respec out of it (while moving slots, for example) and pick up a different power entirely. On top of that, you can use the new Afterburner to get even more speed, just not all the time.

If the argument is "I want to go 101 mph all the time" that is the sticking point for you, that was addressed by the devs in the earlier threads: they want Fly to be the slower option as a balance point for it being the "point and forget" (inactive) option. The difference in times to reach mission doors is insignificant in most cases, and for the longer travel you're likely going to be cheating through a mission teleporter of some sort (team, individual, even base teleporters) rather than using a pool travel power the entire way. While it's true there is some condescension about this, it's because of 40+ pages of the same thing being brought up after they have been specifically answered through a variety of threads.

You can say you don't like it until you're blue in the face. I certainly have in the Rune of Protection changes, and that's for a power I don't even take. It won't change what they're going to do, and at the risk of speaking for others, adding extra defense to Hover as bullet point 1 in your suggestions when adding defense to hover-blasting isn't in any of the options presented so far (power creep!), and then wrapping up with full-time 101 mph when that's already been vetoed (despite many attempts from others to ask for it after that post) is likely why you're getting flak for the suggestions.

Edited by siolfir
missing word

17 hours ago, siolfir said:

In the older builds, if you change nothing, you will move as fast as you did before

Accept all the newer changes require respecs, that could be a very time intensive thing for alot of people. Or perhaps they just dont consider the old system broken and needed fixing to begin with. Its a valid opinion either way. 

17 hours ago, siolfir said:

If the argument is "I want to go 101 mph all the time" that is the sticking point for you, that was addressed by the devs in the earlier threads: they want Fly to be the slower option as a balance point for it being the "point and forget" (inactive) option. The difference in times to reach mission doors is insignificant in most cases, and for the longer travel you're likely going to be cheating through a mission teleporter of some sort (team, individual, even base teleporters) rather than using a pool travel power the entire way. While it's true there is some condescension about this, it's because of 40+ pages of the same thing being brought up after they have been specifically answered through a variety of threads.

First off the devs said we would not be getting a toggle speed buff that didnt OAS as a reason for the change in afterburner. Yes they said there were issues as to the speed and ease of use for flight. But again that is a point of debate. I dont consider flight easier to use. In most cases when you are not measuring strait lines, a flier has to follow much of the same path as any other traveler, through buildings, through pathways of tree caves etc. And even though you could argue the time difference isnt that big, the question is why should there be a difference? I mean ok fly even if it has the auto run aspect to it, well SS allows a character to run through an entire map in complete stealth to get to an objective. That seems like a pretty big timesaver to me also, so why isnt SS based on that criteria gimped as a travel power? 

The only tavel power on the old system that lagged behind was jumping.  So really with the changes to travel caps, jumping could prob be afforded maybe 105-110mph full time and let afterburner keep its OAS 100-102 cap full time and you have resolved the issues. Flight is still a bit slower but works how people want it to with AB, jumping gets a boost and SS gets its normal hand job having no drawbacks to use and being the fastest with the most game play advantages. 

Perhaps the issue is that whenever people actually post alternatives the same handful of dev apologists go to work defending the dev choices and making the players feel drown out. Maybe it would be much simpler to let people speak their minds and let the DEVs do the responding and have the recourse with the people making the suggestions instead of the same posters over and over making people that are legitimately offering their feedback feel unheard. 

• Like 5

Except the devs have responded, and they’ve said the same things that we’ve been saying, and you didn’t accept it from them either.

There does seem to be some misunderstanding of what these threads are for. They are not for people who don’t like the changes to convince the devs to go in a completely different direction. They are to find out if there any problems with the changes, if there are bugs, if they work at all.

“I don’t like it” is perfectly valid feedback but it is not a basis to change what they are doing. Actual data, showing a problem, it would be a basis to change what they are doing. Such as what happened with the original version of the changes to CJ, Ninja Run, etc, in Page 1.

• City Council

We definitely are open to ideas and alternatives being proposed. That's part of the feedback process.

But, well, if we don't agree with your reasoning (ie, where the idea is coming from), then it's not likely we will agree with your proposals. So it's really important to explain your thought process and ensure everything you're saying is based on sound logic.

For example - we don't agree that Fly's cap needs to be any faster. No matter how many different ways it's suggested, it's not likely to happen.

• Like 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

18 hours ago, siolfir said:

Now THIS I like. If we have to have a nuisance bar, put more options in it, and having the flight poses as macros (which likely don't have little icons made) would be a good place for them.

I hope this comes across as an explanation instead of an attack - it's certainly meant as one. Using the approach they took the new options are rolled into the existing powers. One just happened to be renamed.

In the older builds, if you change nothing, you will move as fast as you did before - faster if you didn't have the old Afterburner because the flight speed cap increase was rolled into the existing power called Fly. If you slotted Afterburner for flight speed (to increase the cap) it's possible that the reduced flight speed increase from this patch will mean you need to move those slots to Fly to be faster.  If you had Afterburner before, will have also more options for what you can do while Evasive Maneuvers is active than you did using the live version of Afterburner because it's not limited to Only Affecting Self status. The "new" bits added to Evasive Maneuvers - the knockback resistance and immobilize protection - are purely optional if you really just wanted to Fly but if you had Afterburner before you get them, so they're rolled into "the existing power" which was renamed Evasive Maneuvers. If all you cared about in the current Afterburner was flying faster, you can even respec out of it (while moving slots, for example) and pick up a different power entirely. On top of that, you can use the new Afterburner to get even more speed, just not all the time.

You can say you don't like it until you're blue in the face. I certainly have in the Rune of Protection changes, and that's for a power I don't even take. It won't change what they're going to do, and at the risk of speaking for others, adding extra defense to Hover as bullet point 1 in your suggestions when adding defense to hover-blasting isn't in any of the options presented so far (power creep!), and then wrapping up with full-time 101 mph when that's already been vetoed (despite many attempts from others to ask for it after that post) is likely why you're getting flak for the suggestions.

Hi, thanks for the feedback and the perspective.

I just want to be clear, my suggestions or dislike has nothing to do with speed.  Let me say that again for the people in the cheap seats: I have never advocated for more speed, point of fact, I am content with my speed exactly how it is on LIVE right now and if the speed wasn't changed at all, I wouldn't say a word.  All I stated was, roll whatever speed increase that's being proposed for fly into existing fly along with the "defense" buffs into Afterburner (instead of EvMa) and remove the AB "only affecting self" thing.  That's it, I am not asking for and simply don't care about what the speed cap is, I don't care if I fly faster or not (but I don't want to fly any slower).  Oh, and maybe a 1-2% base defense increase to hover, but that'd be a nice added bonus, but certainly not necessary.

I honestly feel that the existing powers with the increases and additions as proposed would work perfectly fine in the existing powers.  People who don't have AB today, will likely then need to take it, but then they'd have to respect to take EvMa also, so, it's a wash.

I'd just simply like to see this style of change dropped on beta and let people play with it and see how it fleshes out.  If my idea isn't the chosen one, so be it, at least it got a shot for people to evaluate it (myself included).  I just feel like the pool itself is being overly complicated with renaming a power, moving AB to be some system tray "Freebie" or whatever.

K I S S = Keep It Simple Stupid (the golden rule of development)

• Like 2

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

2 hours ago, QuiJon said:

Accept all the newer changes require respecs, that could be a very time intensive thing for alot of people. Or perhaps they just dont consider the old system broken and needed fixing to begin with. Its a valid opinion either way.

Eh... they don't require one depending on what you took Afterburner for and how you slotted it (basically if you never slotted it for flight speed and just dropped a LotG in you don't need one), but I agree with you that the latest build is worse than the first two because it does require one to maintain similar or better performance if you have it slotted for flight speed. That was not the case until the most recent patch, and I feel it's a step in the wrong direction.

2 hours ago, QuiJon said:

Perhaps the issue is that whenever people actually post alternatives the same handful of dev apologists go to work defending the dev choices and making the players feel drown out. Maybe it would be much simpler to let people speak their minds and let the DEVs do the responding and have the recourse with the people making the suggestions instead of the same posters over and over making people that are legitimately offering their feedback feel unheard. 

I actually agree with this; unlike the Rune thread which basically seems to be an open ground for debate after the devs posted "this is what we're doing and why," this is a focused feedback thread and shouldn't have all of the back-and-forth between posters in it. But that goes both ways, too - you've expressed your unhappiness and continue to argue with others.

I probably should have just sent a PM to @Icecomet with the contents of my last post instead of posting it publicly because of that. I went ahead and posted this one publicly even with the back-and-forth because I agree that this patch is even worse than the last one, which is providing feedback.

• City Council
8 minutes ago, siolfir said:

but I agree with you that the latest build is worse than the first two because it does require one to maintain similar or better performance if you have it slotted for flight speed. That was not the case until the most recent patch, and I feel it's a step in the wrong direction.

This is fixed in the next build, there's no circumstances under which you'll be slower.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

On 3/30/2021 at 1:11 AM, Jimmy said:

After resolving the <2mph discrepancy mentioned earlier in the thread, this a comparison between live and beta, with no other set bonuses or buffs (outside of unslotted Swift):

Live Beta
Fly (0 IO)

Fly (1 IO) 58.63 73.62
Fly (0 IO) + AB/EvMa (0 IO) 70.69 70.69
Fly (1 IO) + AB/EvMa (0 IO) 72.95 83.35
Fly (0 IO) + AB/EvMa (1 IO) 70.69 75.67
Fly (1 IO) + AB/EvMa (1 IO) 79.02 87.95

It's a significant step up in any case where enhancements are used. Any case where enhancements aren't used, it breaks even. We said Fly should be great without 3 powers, we didn't say it should be great without enhancements. This also isn't factoring in the 30 second windows of going even faster with the new version of Afterburner.

This is the same treatment the other travel powers have received (apart from Teleport, but that's a special case - it already relied on significant slotting and this kind of change wasn't practical there).

Edit: Nvm, I'll just delete my reply. I've said all I wanted to say and I'm neither going to repeat myself nor steal Snarky's snarkator's place. At this point just roll the patch out.

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

We definitely are open to ideas and alternatives being proposed. That's part of the feedback process.

But, well, if we don't agree with your reasoning (ie, where the idea is coming from), then it's not likely we will agree with your proposals. So it's really important to explain your thought process and ensure everything you're saying is based on sound logic.

For example - we don't agree that Fly's cap needs to be any faster. No matter how many different ways it's suggested, it's not likely to happen.

So then maybe we need to understand why you think fly is fine where it is, because you have dramatically made it slower when compared to speed then it was by about 3x slower. It used to cap with AB at 87mph now it caps without AB at that, but speed caps at 120mph instead of 95. 

So here is what i see, i see that because AB was left in the game that at some point the devs are conceding that Fly was to slow before afterburner was added to the game when compared to other travels. The fastest of those travels it wsa about 30mph slower then. Afterburner kicked that up to about 5 mph slower then but with slot investment and OAS limits. The new speed caps out side of afterburner or the jumpy thing put the differences between sets right where they always were. Which was originally found to be unacceptable.

However the only reason we are given for why on this new system SB can not boost us to like 100mph and still OAS is because of some inane sense that travel powers should be balanced around their ease of use instead of just as travel powers and them getting you from point A to point B. Example is given that flight allows for direct line, but in alot of instances in this game the maps dont allow for direct line unless you first fly to almost the top of the map to get around buildings, something that takes longer then just hopping off the ground and flying. 

However even if this is considered ease of use and a "perk" SS also has perks. First off it has NO down side. Between jump packs and now its new jumpy mechanic and jet packs SS has absolutely no real downside for travel restriction accept a bit in grandville or the shard and lets face it, prob two of the least used zones anyway. However i know many people that take SS because they have no downside, its the fastest power, and on top of all that gives them essentially stealth to run missions with complete protection to an end objective. That IMO is a pretty big "Perk" considering if i want that kind of stealth on my flier i have to figure out a way to fit in the stealth pool as a completely seperate pool pick over another pool. 

The one concession i can get is jumping was to slow. So the thing is i dont see how what has been proposed doesnt adress what we have been told issues were. 120mph for ss with all its perks as is. 100mph fly w/AB always on OAS, 87mph w/no AB. and then simply boost jumping a bit more to like 110mph. SS still is slower then flight by 20mph where right now it is only 5 (w/ab) so boom fly is slower even at top speed then it is now, just not as much. Jumping prop slides into second place for speed and fly is likely third again because of its "ease of use" but wont likely ever lag more then 5 or 10 second behind the other powers. 

See in my mind that adresses all the things devs have said in these threads for why this pass over on travels was happening. Flight if it is felt needs to be slowed down in comparison is slower then the other two. But see i dont know, because we are given abstract issues and no one says how devs came up with their numbers. Seems to me that with the concession that AB and the leapy thing are OAS makes them only usable as strait travel benefits. 

But it is hard to argue why i feel my fix works better when i dont know why you designed to remove OAS and put in a timer, or why you felt Fly's speed cap deserved to be 35mph lower then speed again? Cause to me travel powers should travel, that is it. And as such should be balanced for only equality of travel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, siolfir said:

I actually agree with this; unlike the Rune thread which basically seems to be an open ground for debate after the devs posted "this is what we're doing and why," this is a focused feedback thread and shouldn't have all of the back-and-forth between posters in it. But that goes both ways, too - you've expressed your unhappiness and continue to argue with others.

I know i am guilty of this. But that is my point, i chime in with my thoughts and get nothing but push back by a handful of people that seem to never disagree with the devs quoting what i post and why they dont feel the same, i feel kind of hides my original posts and prevents a dev from seeing them. And i get caught up responding to those people in an effort to keep my opinions in a place i feel they are going to be seen. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, QuiJon said:

So then maybe we need to understand why you think fly is fine where it is, because you have dramatically made it slower when compared to speed then it was by about 3x slower. It used to cap with AB at 87mph now it caps without AB at that, but speed caps at 120mph instead of 95.

Give it up, my dude. We have said our piece repeatedly. The devs aren't budging or when they do they make it worse as this newest iteration compared to the previous.

It's not like SS doesn't have jetpacks, or even back on live I had a simple macro that with one click made me autorun, auto jump, and move forward so I could AFK moving to a distant location on super-jump.

Anymore is just stop being about presenting feedback and facts and just trying to shout the other side into compliance. Their server, their rules. If they wanted to make Fly do pink bubbles when used they could, and if they want to make a case it's the best travel power they can and needs to be slow they can. If we disagree we can make our own server and make Fly faster.

I've personally said my feedback, pointed the flaws in the reasoning, and I'm not going to grovel or repeat myself any further. But at some point I'm going to assume that the devs no longer actually play the game and instead just mess with spreadsheets.

Me, what I'm taking from this all, is that perhaps -I- should be the one adapting. I've always loved to use Fly, but why not use SS then? What bothered me was the inertia and with the ability to stack running powers that's solved. I can still take Hover for combat mobility but use SS to reach a mission. There, solved, that's what we are being pushed for anyway.

• Confused 1

• City Council

We've seen every post in all the feedback threads.

Again, no matter how many different ways it's proposed, we do not agree that Fly needs more speed. Fly has already been significantly buffed. I know you want more, but we don't agree.

All the actual testing has shown that Fly, SS and SJ are on fairly even footing in real world use cases right now, so we're happy with that (Teleport will always be a special case).

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Jimmy said:

We've seen every post in all the feedback threads.

Again, no matter how many different ways it's proposed, we do not agree that Fly needs more speed. Fly has already been significantly buffed. I know you want more, but we don't agree.

All the actual testing has shown that Fly, SS and SJ are on fairly even footing in real world use cases right now, so we're happy with that (Teleport will always be a special case).

Please explain "actual testing" of "real world use cases."  The disconnect right now seems to be that players feel like the increased proportional disparity between travel power speeds is unjustified, primarily due to "real world use cases."  If you can describe the methodology used for your testing, these players can attempt to replicate it and determine 1) whether these tests are an accurate representation of real worlds use cases, and if so, 2) whether dev conclusions regarding speeds are valid and warranted.  If players can discover for themselves that the answers to both of those are "yes," it would go a long way toward convincing people that these changes are in fact balanced.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2