Suggestion: Pull

Herotu

How feasible would it be to make a PULL power type?

Turric suggested in another thread a power akin to the grappling hook from SWTOR.

What that power does it to target 1 enemy and pull it to you (not teleport).

So my questions are;

• Would it be possible to do this in CoH? / Does it already exist?
  • Would it be possible to do an AoE pull that brings lots of nearby enemies to you?
  • This might be good for doing some kind of ping-pong effect using Knockback and pull in succession. FUN!

Edited by Herotu

I'd definitely like it to be a mechanic. 

I could see some animations using a tether line, some using more arcane / gravity pulls, etc. 

I am not aware of anything in game that has this power / mechanic. Single Target or AE.  Although I've certainly seen people ask for a "Reverse Repel"/"Reverse Knockback", several times, particularly in threads on Gravity Control. 

implementation would be interesting. if the mob was helpless during the drag, that might be too powerful unless the user of the power was also locked into the animation and unable to use any attacks until the pull is complete.  If the mob could still attack / shoot, that's less of an issue. They'd probably need to have some "can't be pulled if already affected by a pull" to avoid people trying to use four simultaneous pulls to Draw-And-Quarter an enemy 😄, but hey.  Can't have everything 

Beta testing changes aside, I've seen this happen once. No idea what exactly triggered and combined to do this. I *want* to say I was on an Ice control character, and someone else did some KB. (It's been at least six months, so...)

The result? The held enemy sliding around following the other character for several seconds. I'd never seen it before, have never seen it happen again.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

3 hours ago, Greycat said:

Beta testing changes aside, I've seen this happen once. No idea what exactly triggered and combined to do this. I *want* to say I was on an Ice control character, and someone else did some KB. (It's been at least six months, so...)

The result? The held enemy sliding around following the other character for several seconds. I'd never seen it before, have never seen it happen again.

Now we just need a few more ice controllers and KB users, and we can play table hockey.

I can definitely see a pull effect, or view, being usable in multiple ways.

1.) I'm wondering if a grappling pull can be an option for traps powerset.

2.) whether 1 target or a cone effect, use it as an air attack, like a reverse gale.  Summon the wind to blow targets towards you.  Might work well for that "air bender" powerset folks sometimes ask for, otherwise might prove an option for storm powerset.  Or, really crazy idea: part of a new 3rd column powerset: elemental - giving one power each from earth, wind, fire, water, gravity.

3.) Visually, I'd asked back on live if at least some ice powers could have an optional pull look, rather than push.  The idea being that frozen damage happens because the super is just a massive heat sink, instantly pulling heat away from the target.