Darkest Night debuff toggle not dropping after defeat

Rhinoxx

This may be working as intended/designed but I seem to recall that active debuff toggles used to drop whenever what they were applied to, was defeated?

I have noted recently on two separate characters (1 Controller, 1 MM) that the Darkest Night debuff toggle stays active even after the enemy it was applied to has been defeated. You can of course turn it off yourself, but then have to wait for the power to recharge - which used to be about the time it took to move between mobs in a mission.

Is this a bug or WAI?

Is there a way to turn this off? I prefer the old way that when the anchor dies, the toggle shuts off. I can't tell you how many times I'll be teaming and put a debuff on a mob, we defeat the group and head to the next group and I go to debuff and it's still running on the dead mob. So I turn it off, wait for recharge which at that point we've defeated this group and moved on. I put the debuff on another mob, defeat its group move on and gee, it's still running on a dead mob, so annoying.

I'm all for options, and if others like this new way toggle debuffs work, fine. But I'd like to have the option of turning it off.

Hello, my name is Ynaught and I am an altaholic.

Is there a way to turn this off? I prefer the old way that when the anchor dies, the toggle shuts off. I can't tell you how many times I'll be teaming and put a debuff on a mob, we defeat the group and head to the next group and I go to debuff and it's still running on the dead mob. So I turn it off, wait for recharge which at that point we've defeated this group and moved on. I put the debuff on another mob, defeat its group move on and gee, it's still running on a dead mob, so annoying.

I'm all for options, and if others like this new way toggle debuffs work, fine. But I'd like to have the option of turning it off.

Yeah, this. Big annoyance. Anyone using this power learned to drop it on the mob most likely to not die right away (the boss or some rando in the back of the group). We should have to be turning off a debuff that's debuffing 'defeated' toons.

I don't think you remember raging at players when they killed your anchor target. And when I say you, I might the thousands of players who came to the forums to complain about this very issue. The Devs fixed it by letting you turn it on and off at will.

I personally leave mine on until the mob is dead...regardless if my anchored target dies or not. It is a much better system overall...and I know it may be a bit of a learning curve for you, I am going to go out on a limb and say that most of us love it as it stands now.

I don't see this going back to its original version, the rage would be real on these forums if it did.

I don't think you remember raging at players when they killed your anchor target. And when I say you, I might the thousands of players who came to the forums to complain about this very issue. The Devs fixed it by letting you turn it on and off at will.

I personally leave mine on until the mob is dead...regardless if my anchored target dies or not. It is a much better system overall...and I know it may be a bit of a learning curve for you, I am going to go out on a limb and say that most of us love it as it stands now.

I don't see this going back to its original version, the rage would be real on these forums if it did.

So, you're OK with the powers still running on the old, defeated spawn such that you can't use it right away on the next alive and attacking you spawn?

So, you're OK with the powers still running on the old, defeated spawn such that you can't use it right away on the next alive and attacking you spawn?

Personally, I'd prefer it to stay on until I'm done needing it, regardless of my anchor's status. That way, I choose when it comes down, not Johnny happy-trigger.

I don't leave it on a dead spawn. When the mob numbers dwindle to few, I turn it off. I don't have that issue because I got accustom to the mechanic. This was why I said earlier, it is a "learning curve."

Feel like, if you're not OK with that, you can remember to turn it off.

My anchor is dead but his friends aren't.

I killed .... arrested ... him first so the anchor became a GTAOE. He can't run anymore and take my anchor with him!! When I've finished with his friends, if he hasn't despawned I will turn off my anchors so that they have charged up by the time I reach the next group. If this seems cumbersome or you have multiple anchors like Rad, perhaps a macro to toggle off your anchors would make it more convenient.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!