First world problems - Flash or Falcon

DougGraves

We have cable.  We have an xbox.  We also have Disney+.  At first to watch Disney+ we had to plug our laptop into the tv to show it on the tv.  Then I discovered our xbox supported Disney+.  So we now switch our tv to the xbox and use the xbox controller to get Disney+.

I found today that our cable now supports Disney+.  But our cable box does not.  To use disney+ directly through our cable box with our normal remote we need to get a new cable box.

That would mean losing everything on our DVR - which includes this season of Flash, Superman & Lois, and Supergirl (also Frankie Drake, Murdoch Mysteries, and Murder in Paradise).

So we have to choose between losing our recordings of episodes we have not yet watched or going through xbox for disney+.

I think I would watch a lot more on disney+ like the old xmen cartoons, gargoyles, and more - but it is a bit of a pain to get to them.  I strongly suspect that I would not though, as it is not that much of a pain.  We get to Falcon and Winter Soldier just fine.

So at this point we keep our old cable box.

And really, I blame Comcast.  Why does adding a new app require a new cable box and not just a software download?

• 1 month later

I know it's not as seamless as being on your Cable box but you could just get a Roku Express for about $20+ and use it for Disney+. You would also gain all the Free Content from Roku and the other Free Streaming Channels and just put it on it's own HDMI input. Just a thought.

Edited by Marine X

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

1 hour ago, DougGraves said:

Roku is $20 once or a subscription of $20 per month?

The $20 is for the hardware, and you add channels to it. The channels may have subscriptions (Disney+ is one of them) or may be free, but just having a Roku is a one-time payment.

If you want 4k I think you have to get one of the more expensive ones, though.

Edit to add: looks like the 4k version is $35-40 instead of $20; you can get an HD version for less, though. I personally ended up with an Ultra (was a gift).

Edited by siolfir
  • Like 1