Martial Arts Tweaks

xl8

• 2 weeks later

Unrelated to balance but I think cobra strike should get an alternate animation choice, maybe let us use the spinning kick animation from the martial assault powerset instead? I just want to go all kicks and the palm strike ruins it.

Even though I tend to minmax 90% of the characters I play, I keep getting drawn back to MA just because of how fluid and smooth it is.  For that reason, I end up sticking with the classic Thunder Kick/Storm Kick/Crane Kick chain, I just love the flow.  I even love how Crane Kick's knockback works, it's the one time in the game I tolerate moving something out of AOE range, just because of how good it feels (that said, the KB to KD converter still becomes a necessity eventually).  So I'm very down for keeping MA as my "rule of cool" set, even if the numbers just don't quite add up to some of the alternatives.  That said... sorry, but I've just never once thought the Eagle's Claw animation looked cool.  There's stylish, and then there's superfluous, and that slow motion flip never did it for me.  I'm still on the fence about including it in my rotation at all, even with the crit buff it grants the next ability, and the better PPM rate, the damage per animation still feels too low to be really worth it over Crippling Axe Kick, especially since I like that animaton better.  Though I would prefer some sort more martial artsy looking punches as opposed to the basic brawler haymakers that serve as most of our alternates, so I'm not always just hitting thing with the right foot over and over.