Slot Machine's Random Challenge - 2021

Troo

84-39-2

Looks like a fire/bio stalker. Could be interesting. Not sure how they'll be able to hide while holding a burning sword right enough...

Edit: Not sure if I was doing something wrong or had the wrong settings on the dice roll page but mine were not showing decimal places. Without decimals some numbers would give 2 possible results. Is there a setting for adding decimal places I'm missing?

Edited by CaptainLupis

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

Do we count the initial page load as a roll? I didn’t want to, so I rolled out and kept track how it would’ve played out.

If I went off the page-load roll: Invul/SS Tanker (Laaaaame)

Personally initiated first roll: Plant/Icy Dom (Actually sounds interesting).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CaptainLupis said:

Not sure if I was doing something wrong or had the wrong settings on the dice roll page

Honestly I don't know. It was just handy and one I've used previously. (there could be a better option we could use instead)

11 minutes ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Do we count the initial page load as a roll?

This activity is a bit loose when it comes to rules. Shooting for high curiosity and fun. We get to do what we feel is appropriate. (I did first initialed by me discarding the roll that was there)

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Alright finally got the last two put together.

First up is Demons/Pain Master Mind: Baron Pamon - he's willing to bare any consequence to get the job done. No pain is to great, no cost to high. A results orientated zealot.

Second is Elec/Ice Dominator: Chill Conduct - Thanks to a bizarre mutation he has gained significant control over both Ice and Electricity. He's just a chilled out guy using his abilities to help out the city... most of the time.

Just need to figure out which one to focus on now. Leaning towards Baron Pamon or Rione. Once I get one to 30 I'll loop back.

Baron Pamon.jpg

Chill Conductscreenshot_210410-11-18-37.jpg

@Archonis on Excelsior

50 Storm Knight Brute SS/Elec

50 Snow Spirit Sentinel Dark/Ice

50 Storm Templar Blaster Elec/Ninja

58 minutes ago, Troo said:

Honestly I don't know. It was just handy and one I've used previously. (there could be a better option we could use instead)

This activity is a bit loose when it comes to rules. Shooting for high curiosity and fun. We get to do what we feel is appropriate. (I did first initialed by me discarding the roll that was there)

You could do it as a D10000 and starting from 100, and just assume the last 2 digits are the decimals. Assuming there isn't an option for decimals anyway.

1 hour ago, Coyotedancer said:

/Bio Stalkers are Love.

Stabby, stabby love. 

So I am finding, got it to level 22 so far.

OK, so here is Photuris Pyralis, fire/bio stalker currently level 25.

A volunteer for a medical trial, or so they thought, it was actually yet another Crey front attempting to weaponise super powers. The serum however didn't actually take. Unbeknownst to the Crey scientists, the person that would become Photuris Pyralis had already begun to develop mutations and, instead of giving them a specific power, it triggered a defence reaction that massively sped up the ongoing mutations. It also made them slightly unhinged. After escaping the facility they have gone on a bit of a rampage around the Rogue isles.

screenshot_210410-22-31-10 cropped.jpg

• Like 2

My three:
1. Illusion/nature troller
2. Fire/Energy Dom
3. Dark/Temp blaster.

Leaning towards the blaster as I just hit 22 on a Ill/Time troller and main a dom already.
Thoughts?

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

Mood Stone (War Mace/Stone Brute) hit level 25!

I have been meaning to play the Praetorian arcs and try to get a Praetorian to 50 and this was a good excuse. 🙂 He took the Crusader route and is reunited with DeVore in First Ward. (Have the hunter selected to show a level 21 cons gray.)

---

Orphaned as a child by the tragedy that is First Ward, Mood Stone always knew he had magic within him. Though he was told First Ward fell in part because of the unnatural magic use there, he knew deep inside that magic did not have to be evil. He discovered that he could manipulate the rocks around him, to have them protect him, even heal him.

Fate exposed his powers. While being jumped by a gang, an officer spotted him using this earthen armor and tried to arrest him. Much to his own surprise, a rage swelled in him and Mood Stone beat him back, evading the PPD that gave chase, escaping into the tunnels beneath Nova Praetoria. There he was found by the Resistance, and taken in.

He was told that magic is a natural part of the world but that its  users had been purged by Cole. He learned of Vanessa DeVore, a Resistance leader who led a troupe of magicians that survived that purge and he troupe avoided Cole by living in First Ward. However it was a dangerous place - too dangerous for him to go to yet.

Maybe if he could prove himself she would help him develop his skills and he could join this Carnival of Light in First Ward. 

Among the Resistance he was taught to fight. As he discovered more and more of the atrocities that Emperor Cole and his regime committed, he became more and more enraged. Vanessa DeVore taught him to to harness this rage and focus it in combat with a magical mace of light. While helping the resistance in the city helped him see what was possible, he knew he could only grow his skills by leaving Cole's city.

Finally Vanessa felt he was ready. She directed him to speak to Doorman, who opened a path to First Ward to him.

He expected to be home, to be done, to be able to join his peers and develop his skills and take the fight to Cole.

But there was still so much work to do just to survive in First Ward...

image.thumb.png.86b00829ff004ac97f0ee634a6a1e96d.png

Edited by Ankylosaur
  • Like 1

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

2 hours ago, Xiddo said:

My three:
1. Illusion/nature troller
2. Fire/Energy Dom
3. Dark/Temp blaster.

Leaning towards the blaster as I just hit 22 on a Ill/Time troller and main a dom already.
Thoughts?

Wait, we were meant to roll 3 combos and pick? I thought it was 3 D100 rolls and just went with the first combo I rolled. At least it wasn't a Dom, I really struggle to get into playing those.

44 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

Dennu the Grav/Dark Controller made it to mighty level 9 yesterday. We had great fun comparing notes about who saw what when she hit something with Propel. 😆 

Propel is still a delight. I don't do 'trollers so much any more, but I do have a grav/...something sitting around building up day job credits somewhere....

If you wanna chat with others in game @Xeph set up a channel: Slot Machine Supers

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

1 hour ago, CaptainLupis said:

Wait, we were meant to roll 3 combos and pick? I thought it was 3 D100 rolls and just went with the first combo I rolled. At least it wasn't a Dom, I really struggle to get into playing those.

You are correct. A few of us just did 3 rolls like Troo did in the OP so we'd have some options to choose from in case we hated the initial set of rolls given. 🙂

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

First roll set was a 32, 17, and 27, which meant a Corruptor with Beam and Force Field.  Already have that one too sitting in the mid 30s! ( Not gonna count this roll, that's just cheating)

Matter Mercuryscreenshot_210411-12-17-12.jpg.18731ab26c6babdca36e4991d1c50ec4.jpg

Wanted to have a TechnoMayan look for them and I like it.

Second. Decided to roll 3 more sets just to avoid getting something I might have already made 71,88,45 Which is a Staff/Ice Scrapper. I like both sets, just not together on a scrapper. the lack of a taunt aura screams runners everywhere and the slow from the cold isn't enough to fix that.

Third. 37,41,3 Nature Archery Defender. Again, sets I like, just not on this AT.

EDIT! Hit 25 on this....and I'm done with it. Trying to heal with Regrowth and getting flower patches where people stand is like herding cats. Much preferred on a Mastermind. Didn't mind Archery though despite reading some calling it low damage. Explosive arrow with a Force Feedback and the KB converted is pretty nice for speeding up a chunk of the longer charging powers (Wild growth and Bastion comes to mind) especially at the lower levels where one won't be IO'd to the teeth. Might end up nabbing the costume for another toon, I kinda like the spider lady with a bow concept. Reroll as Archery/ Plant Blaster? Maybe.1562187190_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_04.18-10_28_41_17.png.78c5f0d51ef78470cd251059eddd871a.png

And last! 76,86,26 A Sonic Energy Sentinel. Doesn't sound like a bad matchup, just not too big of a fan of Sentinels.

I feel like I'm just complaining about my rolls, but I AM going to bang my head on the wall for this one, I swear. ( I'll make a Merc MM one of these days!) I rolled once more 1-3 (throwing out the character I had already) and got a 2 which is the Nature Archery Fender. I do feel like I got some rolls that should work together fairly well for a coordinated look. I'll probably make the Sentinel too, but I am going to focus on the Defender until it hits 30+. Who knows, I might end up liking it.

Edited by Botzoman
"Finished" with my Natural/Archery Defender
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

You are correct. A few of us just did 3 rolls like Troo did in the OP so we'd have some options to choose from in case we hated the initial set of rolls given. 🙂

Yeah it's a great way to make sure you don't end up with something you detest. But still enough randomness you're going to end up playing something you haven't considered before.

It's been fun chatting with folks in game about their experiences. Seems like, by in large, everyone's enjoying this little adventure.

20 hours ago, CaptainLupis said:

OK, so here is Photuris Pyralis, fire/bio stalker currently level 25.

You were very fortunate that your one roll ended up as a fairly decent one. 🙂

I think single rolls on our event here should be considered "Hard Mode" from now on.

Edited by Xeph
  • Like 3

@Archonis on Excelsior

Here are my three rolls:

1) Fiery Melee/Ice Armor Scrapper

2) Mind Control/Fiery Assault Dominator

3) Energy Melee/Willpower Stalker

My first roll resulted in Chillber (Chill +(em)ber), the unknown child of two royal members from rival kingdoms who grew up in an orphanage in Switzerland following her parents' untimely deaths. She learned her abilities from her brother, who found her after several years of looking all over Europe for her. So far she has been fun to play, although dealing with Hellion and Skull bosses was a bit rough due to not getting Glacial Armor at 16, her current level. 

My second roll resulted in Mental Flare, a young woman who discovered her powers after a robbery attempt gone wrong. She was taught to use her powers by an academy trained to deal with psychic abilities. I haven't played her yet, but might try her out a bit later.

My third roll resulted in Spirit Striker, a teenage cheerleader with spiritual powers achieved by focusing her chi into her fists to deliver devastating attacks to her enemies. Trained by a master who saw great potential in her after witnessing her being bullied for being the new kid, she began to train under him and learned how to harness her chi. So far, I have her at level 2 and look forward to playing her more.

screenshot_210413-23-54-54.jpg

screenshot_210413-23-55-12.jpg

screenshot_210413-23-56-35.jpg

screenshot_210413-23-58-57.jpg

• Like 2

I was having trouble deciding whether I wanted Photuris Pyralis to start adapting to the mutations and slowly begin regaining the personality they had before, or to be driven even more insane by them. So in the spirit of the thread I decided to roll for it. D100: 1-50 redemption, 51-100 full on bonkers evil mode. I got a...

758275285_RTD1.thumb.PNG.a96ffaf5a1f705b14e49ce94a076c8c0.PNG

(is that a critical redemption?).

I guess I have some tip missions in my future...

Edited by CaptainLupis
  • Haha 1

3 days remain until April 20th!!

See the original post for details on how to participate.

Slot Machine's Random Challenge

Play for fun or for prizes. Win Big!!

Multiple prize categories!!

Through April 20th

• Like 1

Update: Metathesis

Chain Fences > Jolting Chain is a fun combo that left me craving a KB2KD enhancement.

image.png.a051c7e77f9b5a982f5b975fc8c24429.png

and made some new 'acquaintances' along the way to 30. Bane Spider Ruben Arc

image.thumb.png.7b803f91c91337ea9449610d697cec0d.png

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1

22 Participants/Winners!

4 Jackpot Winners!!

@ranagrande    Jackpot Winner!!

@Tiger Shadow   Jackpot Winner!!
@Xeph    Jackpot Winner!!

@ZorkNemesis    Ultimate Teammate Jackpot Winner!! (rolled a kin)

@Ankylosaur @Flask @Mirai @Coyotedancer @Vaderblade @gourdhead @tidge @TygerDarkstorm @GastlyGibus @Nemu @MTeague @cranebump @CaptainLupis @Sir Myshkin @Xiddo @Botzoman @Delta

Can't wait to see remaining updates. I hope this is fun for all.

Note: If your global is different from your forum name please let me know. TygerDarkstorm I got yours.

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1

Congratulations to the Jackpot winners! 

@Troo, this was definitely a lot of fun!

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

1 hour ago, Troo said:

Note: If your global is different from your forum name please let me know. TygerDarkstorm I got yours.

It's @Archonis in game. Honestly the reward was the experience itself though.

Fun stuff all around and I'm not even done going through the mess of characters I rolled up.

• Like 1

@Archonis on Excelsior