Instant Healing: why hasn't it been reverted to a toggle yet?

LEUGIM6

22 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

From what I have been reading the past few pages, the preferred AT to play a regen powerset on is Sentinels - if that is the case, does anyone have an example of a top tier / high end */Regen build for Sentinels? My experience with the regeneration powerset is archaic - I used it back on live before the nerfs folks have discussed in the thread, when it was a toggle. I tried it out again once CoV was released on a Stalker. It is a fun set, so I am curious how a great regen build on a Sentinel stands out compared to my previous experience; only problem being I don't have a comparable build for that. So, yeah if anyone out there has a high-end */Regen Sentinel build laying around, feel free to DM or post in this thread 😁

The thing with sentinels isn't the regen aspect, it's the absorb power https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Regeneration#Instant_Regeneration that makes it better. In most instances the enemies can't get through it to get your actual HP. It's like a perma ablative carapace from BIO.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Verfall said:

The thing with sentinels isn't the regen aspect, it's the absorb power https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Regeneration#Instant_Regeneration that makes it better. In most instances the enemies can't get through it to get your actual HP. It's like a perma ablative carapace from BIO.

Thanks for the heads up. Just out of curiosity, is there a cap on absorb? Can I get multiple stacks of absorb shields?

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

47 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Thanks for the heads up. Just out of curiosity, is there a cap on absorb? Can I get multiple stacks of absorb shields?

There is a cap on absorb, 100% of your base hit points, and it can make stacking them... undesireable.

• Thanks 1

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

I don't understand why people are discussing SR and its changes on a thread about IH but... shrugs.

Anyway, my point about IH is that not only is Regen a bit weak (compared to the current landscape on Homecoming) but also it has way too many clickies and it's not fun to play.

Regen was suposed to Regen, Not absorb, not Res damage nor debuffs, its defense was Regen or die.

And it's not as much fun to play currently as it used to be.

Mostly because IH is a clickie instead of a toggle.

Again, I'd change on the BETA server (and only there for now) back into a toggle and keeping the current nerfs: only 800% regen (from 1.200% from live), and of those, only 200% are enhanceable.

I'd also keep Integration with the lower regen it currently has (used to be higher before the nerds on live).

Mainly: change IH back into to a toggle on the beta server and see what happens. Wait and assess. And then tweak as necessary.

PS - keep MOG from being used while IH is up and vice-versa.

7 hours ago, Verfall said:

I believe that the regen from Bio should be reduced and the defenses increased, possibly adding some DDR if possible. I've never liked willpowers regen mechanic, but I don't know the set well enough to truly comment.

If any changes to Bio ever happens, I think they should just make the different modes more distinct.  Rather than reduce the regen, tie it to efficiency mode and tie more defense (thus less in efficiency and offensive) into defensive mode and offensive mode should have all the perks of -res, damage, +ToHit, +dmg but come with a def and res penalty more prominent than currently.

Same could honestly go for any set that has a 'modes' feature.  They really took a conservative route trying to make them all "perks" with no drawbacks making it set up to pick the better/meta perk and ignore the rest instead of making all the modes more a necessity to utilize on a consistent basis.

3 hours ago, BioFlame said:

Anyway, my point about IH is that not only is Regen a bit weak (compared to the current landscape on Homecoming) but also it has way too many clickies and it's not fun to play.

Regen was suposed to Regen, Not absorb, not Res damage nor debuffs, its defense was Regen or die.

I beg to differ.  I like that Regen is the "click defense" set.  I just wish some of its clicks were available more often (and that IH had more enhanceable regen ontop of overall +debuff resists).

It might not be ideal on a Tanker or Brute (although on a team with any kind of buffs and if the set had debuff resists, it probably would be up there with DA), but for any AT that doesn't require keeping mob attention (like Sent, Stalker and Scrapper), being able to just click your way out of any mess can be fun if you actually approach the set with that in mind.  Too often, players fixate on perma-this and perma-that, completely ignoring that when you are able to perma something, you then need to balance it in those circumstances.  If something isn't perma, you can make it as powerful as you need it to be to fulfill its role of "get out of jail free" card.

On my Elec/Regen Stalker, I aimed to have as many click "buffs" as possible with the main downfall being some pools just don't let you access more than one.  I lament that Scraps/Stalks don't have more clickie buffs in their epic pools so I have more choices than Shadow Meld.

• Like 1