This was mentioned in a thread about regen:

26 minutes ago, America's Angel said:

Don't make changes to the game that can be fixed by a tutorial. lol

And that sparked a thought.

Outbreak, Breakout, and the Galaxy tutorials exist... that's about all I can say about them. The Twinshot and Graves tutorials are kinda pointless as any character high enough level to trigger them is already past the point of needing a tutorial on the things they cover. And then there's the AE 'tutorial' which is more a walking simulator as you don't actually *do* anything, and the Invention tutorial... which is fine, if boring the 1000th time through it.

What other things *need* tutorials? 

And the actual sparked thought: Are there any tutorials that the expert players here could put together themselves in AE and present to the Devs as fait accompli? I have no idea how you would do that for a powerset like Regen, but I'm not as creative as others. 🙂

1 hour ago, Wild Claw said:

This was mentioned in a thread about regen:

And that sparked a thought.

Outbreak, Breakout, and the Galaxy tutorials exist... that's about all I can say about them. The Twinshot and Graves tutorials are kinda pointless as any character high enough level to trigger them is already past the point of needing a tutorial on the things they cover. And then there's the AE 'tutorial' which is more a walking simulator as you don't actually *do* anything, and the Invention tutorial... which is fine, if boring the 1000th time through it.

What other things *need* tutorials? 

And the actual sparked thought: Are there any tutorials that the expert players here could put together themselves in AE and present to the Devs as fait accompli? I have no idea how you would do that for a powerset like Regen, but I'm not as creative as others. 🙂

need a tutorial on how to use a lot of the "big" powers effectively.  Do not immobilize mobs before the tank gathers them.  Do not Fold Space Mobs away from DoT patches

• Like 1

Incarnates need a tutorial. 

I should spell that out in big red flashing letters or something, too.  That was like handing us the keys to a Tardis without a users' manual.  Hell, I still have questions.  And I also still lose interest with equipping a toon in that system pas a few branches up the trees partly because of that.

• Thanks 1

50s (Indom and Excel):  Bluefox (Rad/Beam Rifle Corr), King Pumpkin Spice 🎃 (Mercs/Nature MM), Stupid Like A Fox (Time/DP Def), Poltergeist Prince (Darkness Control/Empathy 'Troller), Capt Sam's Space Zoo (Beast/FF MM), Snake Charming (Mind Control/Poison Troller), The Midnight Bridge (Storm/Rad Blast 'Fender)  Pawkysham Vex (Illusion/Trick Arrow Controller)  Piikal and P'Zhowm (Grav/Energy Dom)

I'm not sure enhancements have a starter tutorial.  You get a bit of one with the crafted enhancements at the Steel Canyon university down the line, but a shiny new user will be offered dual and now single origin enhancements at the starter vendors almost immediately, and it might help that they understand both of them as well as the origin variables, so that they don't buy mutant origins and pass them by mail to their tech alt, or to their equally shiny new buddy in a tech avatar.

I'd also think a tutorial laying out exactly what items a new character should acquire from a P2W vendor would help.  While the P2W vendor makes a few comments, their more along the lines of a sales pitch to use the service, rather than a good introduction as to what would benefit a new player, and seeing as the vendor has quite a list of goods, I can see it as confusing or overwhelming.

The twinshot "tutorial" is just ... annoying.  I don't normally complain about having to run around for missions, but for some reason this one just *irks* me.

Honestly, I'm an altaholic. It'd be nice if she were just as optional (go up to her and click if you want to run it) as the old starter missions if there's any other characters on an account.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

11 minutes ago, Greycat said:

The twinshot "tutorial" is just ... annoying.  I don't normally complain about having to run around for missions, but for some reason this one just *irks* me.

Honestly, I'm an altaholic. It'd be nice if she were just as optional (go up to her and click if you want to run it) as the old starter missions if there's any other characters on an account.

Same here

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Greycat said:

I expect for most of us who feel this way it's because her arc and Graves' redside are written assuming both the character and the player are complete and total idiots.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
20 hours ago, merrypessimist said:

I expect for most of us who feel this way it's because her arc and Graves' redside are written assuming both the character and the player are complete and total idiots.

Some are Complete Idiots.

Some are Total Idiots.

Complete AND total Idiots?  Now that's a rare find and should be cherished.

--We are a rare breed.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later
On 4/4/2021 at 2:03 AM, Clave Dark 5 said:

Incarnates need a tutorial. 

I should spell that out in big red flashing letters or something, too.  That was like handing us the keys to a Tardis without a users' manual.  Hell, I still have questions.  And I also still lose interest with equipping a toon in that system pas a few branches up the trees partly because of that.

Actually, once you understand it, the incarnate system is actually pretty simple (ignore shards and shard-side components).  The problem is that you'd never know it's simple from looking at the game interface.   

Active on Excelsior:

Lode Monkey - Fire Blast / Energy Manipulation Blaster (Blapper), Flaming Doom Monkey - Shield / Martial Arts Tank, Xero-Ranger Monkey - Energy Melee / Energy Aura Stalker