Carni's Online Combat Parser

On 12/22/2022 at 9:51 AM, Michiyo said:

While the service was down, I hit up the Github repo to spin up a temporary copy and found that a number of classes seem to be missing from the source.  If you would like I can host this on my server (with full credits to you of course).  I'll also PM this offer, in case you don't see this message.

any chance you picked this up? or any idea how to get the download files working pls? the website appears to be offline, always telilng me to close the game when i'm not even running it or the launcher

• City Council
2 hours ago, Injunuity said:

any chance you picked this up? or any idea how to get the download files working pls? the website appears to be offline, always telilng me to close the game when i'm not even running it or the launcher

The code on github is incomplete, and does not run as files are missing.

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 months later
  • 7 months later
  • City Council
On 5/19/2023 at 8:16 AM, Carnifax said:

Hey folks

This is back up and running now. Someone filled up my 30Gb disk with parses! 

Adding a job to murder old ones after 6 months which should make it behave. 

I'd be more than happy to host this for you, but the code on github still seems incomplete.  Shoot me a message if you'd like to go over this.

I'm in the process (yes I exist, hi!) of retrieving the AWS account for this. Basically Amazon decided to split my AWS accounts in twain so I'm waiting for the log in for this to become available again. 

@Michiyo I can send you on the MVN project file for all of this if you want to try serving it. I use Apache + Apache Tomcat to serve it but any Java Application Server should be happy with it. Can't remember for the life of me the GITHub creds (it was 3 years ago). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And we're back in the game. Sorry about that. Had to wait for AWS to move the email address associated with the account before I could get back in. 

Michiyo also now has a copy of the codebase so they'll be deploying an alternative version from that to give some redundancy (thanks Michiyo!). 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later

So, noob question ...

I couldn't find a combat log file in any file format on my PC. Do I copy and paste the combat log from the in-game "combat" chat channel into a .txt file, save that, and upload that file to carnifax.org?

Edited by EnjoyTheJourney

You need to switch on logging to a file ingame. From the original post : 

Remember you need to have logging switched on ingame (/logchat will stop/start it). Also go to your ingame Combat tab, right-click it and add all the Pet tabs in there. A lot of powers actually put things in Pet Channels rather than damage, healing etc. 

/logchat will stick a message in general telling you it's on (also don't forget to add the Pet channels to the Combat tab). Then once done the log file is in : 

[Base Homecoming folder]\accounts\[AccountName]\Logs

Mine are here for example. 

image.png.4a98a1824e658c14c360484dfb6d9954.png

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later

I'm looking at this a little before work today. I'm wondering if this could be used to measure damage intake. Specifically I want to look at the ratio of S/L damage to other damage types from various villain groups. It might also be faster to just, you know, ask around. I know S/L damage is the most common and think most of the time it's the majority of the damage you take. I'd like a better feel for how often this is true and to what extent.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Duckbutler said:

I'm looking at this a little before work today. I'm wondering if this could be used to measure damage intake. Specifically I want to look at the ratio of S/L damage to other damage types from various villain groups. It might also be faster to just, you know, ask around. I know S/L damage is the most common and think most of the time it's the majority of the damage you take. I'd like a better feel for how often this is true and to what extent.

The Graphs tab is probably your best friend, I've a graph for damage taken by type. Remember this is after ToHits and Resists of course. 

image.png.3ecbed82db328e28f22d500077616a16.png

These are pulled from the Defensive part of the Tree tab (Offensive is outgoing damage & stuff, Defensive is attacks coming in).

image.png.e531ca60a8ee614ac7c1ce26f1d68608.png

Individual attacks against you are here. Not sure why the individual Damage Types aren't being filled in though, they should be (Offensives are)

image.png.7772b2d198ba56fe6d7bbc803f815b2c.png

Edited by Carnifax
  • Like 1

Okay, this is pretty cool!

This made me laugh. This is the damage taken by my Electric armor tanker on a Synapse task force this morning, so all clockwork the whole way through. The tanker is naturally capped on energy resist and spent most of the TF capped on S/L thanks to a kinetics buffer who was pretty diligent with increase density. What smashing damage I did take was from charged brawl. I knew it would be lopsided because it's clockwork, but it's a lot more lopsided than I expected! (God, clockwork is such an awful low level villain group. Endurance drain on lowbies is just mean.)

image.png.7f76093e0c3d1f140746c08719416c2c.png