Mindweb - fortunata

Tooth and Claw - beast/nature mm; yes, she's red

Dr. Brain In A Jar - psi/bio sentinel

Lucharacha - stj/wp brute who's a roach-themed luchador

Don of the Dead - an undead mafioso-themed necro/poison mm

Toy Surprise - a small, doll-like dual blade stalker

Klaatu Barada Nictus - a 50s sci-fi themed WS

Half-Life - undead rad/rad sentinel

All in use on Excelsior, my only server, here; feel free to use them, elsewhere.  :)

• Like 3

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back on OG servers before the revamp to Earth Armor graphics, I made a character that was as short and wide as possible with the huge body type named Doookie and would activate the mud looking armor and put random people on follow in AP while shouting "DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKIE" as a battle cry. Had me and my then roommate rolling with laughter as people tried to flee the bit of dung effectively stuck to their shoe. Granted I only did that for like 10 minutes but it was funny enough that I remember it to this day as a prime example of some of the stupid hijinks we got up to. 😄

Two of my current faves are:

Free Gi’Daire - ice/cold corruptor with the waterfall backpack

Halve Life - tank with a Nuclear accident backstory whose battle cry is “I will Halve your Life!”.  Lol. Worst battle cry ever for a tank. Since I haven’t macro’ed it to be $target, the squishies think it’s meant for them. Haha. I lol every time I say it in-game. I’m probably the only one that thinks it’s funny. I’m easily amused. 

On 8/5/2019 at 9:48 AM, fauxfire76 said:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back on OG servers before the revamp to Earth Armor graphics, I made a character that was as short and wide as possible with the huge body type named Doookie and would activate the mud looking armor and put random people on follow in AP while shouting "DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKIE" as a battle cry. Had me and my then roommate rolling with laughter as people tried to flee the bit of dung effectively stuck to their shoe. Granted I only did that for like 10 minutes but it was funny enough that I remember it to this day as a prime example of some of the stupid hijinks we got up to. 😄

Saw a brown bio armor character with a white, tattered shoulder cape named Logjam.

Hmm, how about a rad/bio Sentinel with the name Dook Nukem?

Edited by Blood Speaker
  • Haha 1

I generally don't get punny names, i'm not clever enough.

But as for amusing, I derailed the help channel the other day by having the name Disco Ninja (Katana/Reflexes Stalker).  Suddenly the chat became a variety of many musical ninjas, such as Folk Rock Ninja, New Country Ninja, Heavy Metal Ninja, and my favorite: 80's Power Ballad Ninja.

I also have Rail Baron (Titan/Fire Brute) under my belt.  A stereotypical railroad baron looking dude who wields a crossing signal as his weapon. 

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

2 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

who wields a crossing signal as his weapon.

The thing that always bothered me about the railroad pike for Titan Weapons is ... where did you steal it from? ... because there are NO RAILROADS (let alone railroad crossings with signals) anywhere in Paragon City, the Rogue Isles or Praetoria ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

1 hour ago, Redlynne said:

The thing that always bothered me about the railroad pike for Titan Weapons is ... where did you steal it from? ... because there are NO RAILROADS (let alone railroad crossings with signals) anywhere in Paragon City, the Rogue Isles or Praetoria ...

Thats because they were all confiscated for use by the big hero industrial complex.

I do have “Skunk Man”. The Thugs / poison MM.  His name isn’t really that punny though.   But his bio has quotes from the television show that was made about him.  I've thought about rerolling him as either /FF or /Sonic so he could put the musky scent of justice on teammates.   But with /poison he can put the scent on his old friend Leon with Noxious Gas and make enemies puke.  Let me know if you have suggestions on a better secondary.

image.thumb.png.21bd14dd80a255b3fd0aecd43f85fc36.png

Edited by SmalltalkJava
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, HelenCarnate said:

Just made a Water/Plant Blaster named Face Planter

Not in CoH but back in 1st Ed DnD I had a Ranger that everyone referred to as Fern Feeler.

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

I am simultaneously extremely proud and deeply ashamed of having just created That's a Paladin.

screenshot_190810-14-14-56a.jpg

• Like 3

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

Best I have is Jon Shadow, a water/energy blaster themed all black.

He is a shadow bound here and given powers by some magic force. He is all black with white battle fury aura. Obviously he has amnesia.

Also saw a toon by someone called refrigi-gator. A lizard man with ice powers. 

Binary Tree (Bots/Nature MM)

Came up with it probably a few months before shutdown was announced, never really got around to making it (or I did but never played it).  I think I have it at around level 10 on Excelsior now...at some point I'll probably get back to leveling it, it's just in competition with 40 other alts...

Peacebringer JaqMacPratt

My tribute character I think is quite clever but I may be alone in that.

I am a huge RDA (Richard Dean Anderson) fan.  Jaq is for Jack O'Neill in SG1 he played from 1997 to 2005ish (changed the spelling so the A would be in the middle like the other two names).  Mac is for MacGyver he played 1985 to 1992.  Pratt is for Ernest Pratt in Legend which is a one season show (94-95 I think) but hilarious with him and John De Lancie.  Ideally the A's would all be Stargate A's but it is what it is.  I am easy to please and this pleases my clever tribute center of my brain 😁

Crystal Seize - Storm/Water Def

Vinegar Strokes - Thugs/Pain MM

More HumanThan Human - Kin/Reg Brute

October Rust - Dark/Sav Dom

Noom Flow (Wolf Moon in reverse) - Staff/Rad Scrapper

Trailer Traps - AR/Traps Corr

Edited by Echo Night