Share your Puns/amusing Character Names

Venture

As explained earlier in this thread, sidhe is pronounced SHEE, and is a reference to the fae. I made a plant/water controller, who was a very effeminate male fae.

Named him Hesidhe, and he's literally a fairy fairy.

Also have a double agent named Infiltraitor.

• Haha 1

Brass Tax (as in getting down to...)

Face 2 Plant (best on a character with a Self Rez and "nature" powers)

Lawn Dress (the alter ego of The Washer Woman who has Water Blast powers)

Mender Knot (is terrible at sewing, knitting or crocheting but has a Time Manipulation/Time Lord powerset)

String Theoress (science origin ... obviously ... and female ... obviously)

Cyber Ned Hicks (technology origin)

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

On 5/30/2019 at 4:20 PM, RikOz said:

.................................The representative of Pluto in my team of solar system-based heroines is named "Notta Planet"....................................

In a similar vein, Hayward Deezelonica... or "Hay Deeze" for short.

Real name? Noel Onger Aplanette. zb7XgP0P_o.png

• Haha 1

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

currently the best one comes to mind is.....

rad melee/bio armor brute who's partially known history is not too dissimilar to how a certain atomic monster from japan was created/woken up

in a land far away (some speculate extra-planetary/dimensional) that has some anger issues.

of course i named him Sourpatch.

when i first created him he wasnt named that but grew increasingly upset when he found out how hard it was to use his original name on other servers

curiously enough i somehow managed to get the name "Fun" on 2 servers but they were not peaking at times fitting my schedule so there ya go

8-)

-MM

My friend's stone/stone tanker named "I'llgraniteyouthat". It's funny when we get to an EB or AV and they make a comment like "So despite my best attempts you found my secret lair after all, I'llgraniteyouthat!"

And my evil Mind Control/PSI dom that dresses like "the Shadow" and who takes um....'souvenirs' from the Heroes he's defeated by the name of "Memento Mauri" (memento mori <-Latin:  "remember you will die") 

Trademarked Name (@Trademark)

Hocus-Pocus, Assault, Joan (of Atlas), Homunculous, Ensorcellress, Seismic, Wolfin, J0LT, The Limit, Transparency, Fastball, Loremaster, Monkey-Boy, Presto Chango, Kazam

On 5/30/2019 at 9:33 PM, Blastronaut said:

Hex Appeal - Scantily clad Magic Origin character, Witch hat to drive the joke home.

Heh. Years ago in WoW I made a female blood elf warlock named "Hexpot".

Then I had fun insisting that it was pronounced "Hesh-po".

EDIT: Oh, and one of my main characters in that game was a female gnome rogue, who wielded a pair of razor-sharp daggers. I named her "Jillette", and was quite astonished that the name wasn't already taken.

Edited by RikOz
  • Like 1

More of a "How the hell was this available?" but got Summertime for a Fire/time corr last night.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Hi, my name is Flair, and I'm an altoholic...

Mystery Ink - Dark/Dark Controller with a wolf named Scooby and a fluffy Dark Servant named Shaggy

El Inquisitor - Dark/Dark Corruptor whose chief weapons are surprise (Shadow Fall) fear (Fearsom Stare) and ruthless efficiency (Blackstar).

Guerilla in the Mist - Merc/Storm Mastermind

Infernal Revenue - Demon/Traps MM who collects on debts owed by criminals

Necronomichaun - Evil leprechaun earth controller with his attacks stylized to look like gold - keeps asking his victims if they have his lucky charm

Pulp Friction - Grav dominator

Szechuan Healing - Water/Pain corruptor with cannisters of her special sauce on her back

Gaia Fawkes - Anarchist able to control plants and the weather

Master Beater - Staff (broom)/electric stalker who is a Harry Potter fanboi

Bottom Feeder -  Fish head on a mechanical body - trying to convince the humans to quit dumping garbage in the ocean

• Like 2

Most of my toons have punny names;

Frightningbolt   Dark/elec buzzsaw brute

Fahrenhate    Savage/fire brute

Afrodizziac    MA/SR scrapper

Laughtershock  Elec/Stone Dom

Cybertooth   claws/regen Scrapper

Power Mane  Elec/energy blaster

Neutron Blonde  Rad/energy blaster

Blazin' Grace   Sonic/Fire blapper

Gigglewatt  Elec/elec Sentinel

Hex Object Dark/Dark Dom

Horrorculturalist Plant/dark Dom

Invincible Ink  Kheld

Invertigo   grav/kin controller
Kongcrete  Stone/stone tank

V8 Injun  Axe/invuln tank

Ogrekill TW/WP brute

Speeding Frenzy Water/kin corr

Scream Weaver  Sonic/Pain corr

Other Nature Plant/savage dom

Psiderweb Psi/WP stalker

Rumskull zombie/trap MM
Spyder Byte Elec/energy stalker
Zooillogical  beast/trap MM
Roarloard  Sonic/Energy blaster

Ion Maiden  Elec/rad blaster

Edited by Jawbreaker
  • Like 1

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

I currently have three on Homecoming.  

Water Bjorn a Water/ blaster from the Scandinavian fjords.  

Violet Tendencies a warshade. 

Brief Encounter a /Time corruptor that only sports a pair of tighty whities.  

Edited by TNT
  • Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 5:38 PM, RikOz said:

Heh. Years ago in WoW I made a female blood elf warlock named "Hexpot".

Then I had fun insisting that it was pronounced "Hesh-po".

EDIT: Oh, and one of my main characters in that game was a female gnome rogue, who wielded a pair of razor-sharp daggers. I named her "Jillette", and was quite astonished that the name wasn't already taken.

If we're talking about other games...   I wanted to make a dwarf rogue in WoW.  I suppose I could recreate him in CoH, he'd definitely be a stalker, have to be broadsword or katana I think, probably /bio.  I spent over an hour hitting the "name already exists" and "censored" (for non-offensive things as far as I could tell) name denied wall, and was getting highly irritated.  I eventually just started trying to get something past the filters and ended up with Bhuttrapier.  My friends were all like 'not cool' I eventually reported myself so I could change the name, I was so ashamed.  I haven't the foggiest idea of what I renamed him to, and found I lost interest in him with the boring name.  and quit shortly thereafter.

Here's to old Bhuttrapier!