Share your Puns/amusing Character Names

Venture

I've got an old school villain (no sg/no base/no double xp/run, ferry, chopper, jet pack everywhere) called Wendigo Montoya.

"My name is Wendigo Montoya. Yeah, you're in trouble now."

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

On 7/26/2020 at 9:27 PM, Darmian said:

I've got an old school villain (no sg/no base/no double xp/run, ferry, chopper, jet pack everywhere) called Wendigo Montoya.

"My name is Wendigo Montoya. Yeah, you're in trouble now."

Make him an eco terrorist.

"My name is Wendigo Montoya. You killed my fodder. Prepare to die."

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later
On 8/20/2019 at 2:43 PM, Communistpenguin said:

Ronin The Barbarian. He wears the barbarian fuzzy diaper with the samurai armor and helmet and barbarian wrist spikes and has a giant axe.

Dammit, I just tried to create a character in game with that name to find out it was taken, so I checked this thread 🙂

Mine was going to be a Japanese version of Conan

Congratz on thinking of it first!

Nigh on instantly genericked if I do this, Suppositron.

I'll get my coat.

Edited by Darmian
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

I don't know why it took me so long to remember this one, but on the advice of a master punner friend of mine, I once had a Bots/Dark MM who wore a sort of armor and had the skullish armored face mask and had bunny ears named Watership Doom.  Which, damn,  I may have to remake her, that was fun.

• Like 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 7/27/2020 at 11:27 AM, srmalloy said:

The English name was already taken, but picking a foreign language allowed me to take the translated name for a Mace/Rad Brute -- 'Steuerstab' (Control Rod).

I just did an MSR on Indom with a Control Rodd tonight.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I have ... Celery. (Debating moving it over to my main account.) The bio:

(Had to be done.)  The Hamidon knows it has to evolve to drive its takeover. So it started creating new forms.

Brutes that could beet its foes to oblivion. Some, it gave the skill to arti-fully choke its enemies. Don't ask about the kumquat. 

But Celery. Celery is aware. Independent. Cunning. Rebellious, it fights against its creator.

Celery stalks the night.

Edited by Greycat
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

• 2 months later

My blaster on Live was Sgt. Glory B because the base name was already taken; now she's just Glory B.

My redside blaster is Triton Jaded, thanks to Dee Snider.

I had a huge controller (poweset forgotten!), done all in yellows, named Mean Mr. Mustard.

And a grav controller named Grav Bent Diebstall, thanks to the Stainless Steel Rat.

My first stalker, hat and Guy Fawkes mask and all, was named V. Endetta but got genned in a few weeks, so he became Count Q. (Count coup? Look it up.) He's back to the original name now.

My Rorschach was Walter Kovacs and got genned. They wouldn't let me rename him KOVAX. So he went under the monicker Mr. Celllophane.

I think I'll name my next stalker Behind You, if someone doesn't steal it.

ETA: B'Hind Yoo now exists on Excelsior shard. 🙂

Edited by Shenanigunner

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I have a robotic Bots/Kinetics MM named Agent Buffbot.

She doesn't have any direct attacks from the primary.

But She can sure buff the bots that she has. (and any other team mates around)

Especially once she had gained Fulcrum Shift and Team Teleport.

I might have to look into Fold Space to see if it'll be any better.

I can see some situations where it'll work better than Team Teleport.

I have a few I can think of at the moment, two have a similar naming convention.

Mack Loud - BS/SD (should have done BS/Regen), but went with luridly mismatched Scottish clothing.  You will HOPE there is only one.

Just rolled a Plant/Poison controller tonight when I thought of the name, as was surprised and pleased when the name was available: Sue Mack.

Frigid Aeir - Cold/Ice Valkyrie

Max Moolah - Rad/Fire Broot who lives in a private suite in Pocket D

D. Kaye - former NY model, lost her career after an accident during a photoshoot at Terra Volta, now she is 8’ tall and a Rad/Rad Tanker

Arc Wielder - Electric Affinity / Beam Rifle Defender

I think I mentioned my Blapper at some point - played live and the only reroll of original powerset combos I have done - Nrg/Nrg Blaster - Blameau

Edited by Max Firepower
Added detail

• 3 weeks later

Dr Phyll.  A NA/Water Def.  Pattern bald, and wears a suit.  Everything is green.   His skin, hair, suit, and powers are all green.

Legend Dairy.  A Water/Atomic Blaster.   She is a cow.  Her powers are colored white.

Touchdown Bundy.  A StJ/WP Brute.  His original name was  Al Bundy, but it got generic'd, so I changed it.  I roleplay him as Al Bundy, and often make comments about joining a team to get away from Peg.
Battle Cry is "Let's Rock!"

This is his bio:

I'm the greatest athlete, after all I played High School Football and scored 4 touchdowns in a single game. A lot happens after you made the mistake of marrying a lazy redhead, had 2 worthless kids and spend 20  years selling women's shoes. One day, I was hungry after work and I knew that Peg wasn't going to cook something, so I stopped at a restaurant, hoping to get some food from the trash. After I walked in, a guy walked in with a gun and said this was a robbery. I didn't want to wait for the police, because then I would miss Hondo again. He then pointed his gun at my face. If someone puts something in my face it had better be food, so I brought out the Marines and Special Forces (my fists) and pummelled him into the ground. The restaurant then gave me a free meal and I was on the news. I realized that I could get used to this, so now I am a superhero.

• Like 1

Rolled a new one Tyrano de Begerex, a spoof of Cyrano de Bergerac, a Bio/Claws T-rex whos in love with Ghost Widow but afraid to say anything because he's a T-Rex and she's a ghost.

I wish animal heads could wear hats because I wanted to pattern him off of 

3184458-07.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.