Share your Puns/amusing Character Names

Venture

Regardless of how effective he is (tankers and scrappers are always effective), I have a joke character. He has no memory from before waking up beneath rubble in Galaxy City during the shivan attack. But he knows exactly who he is. He is the universe's answer to the eternal question*. He is... The One Who Cares!

*The eternal question is "Who cares?"

So does he fit in with the lost drunken men who don't know where they are, but do care or the men who know where they are and care, but don't drink.

Neither, he Cares. And he will save the world (or just rescue someone's cat from a tree) because he Cares. When you're lost and a lone, he'll find and rescue you because he Cares. Feeling depressed, he'll cheer you up because he Cares. Walking down a self destructive path of villainy? He'll stop you (and try to convince you to abandon villainy) because he Cares.

Basically, think Care Bears in human form. Tiny human form, but human form.

My Plant/Storm/Ice controller is "April Showers" :)

I have a Fire/Dark Dominator with a White/Black costume motif named "Stark Contrast". 

I need more pun names...

Make a jocular character wearing a jester's outfit, and call them The Pun-isher?

Closest I have to a pun name is The Panic (dual pistols/mind blaster). Her catchphrase is "you may now panic".

This is going to work better with mass confusion, I swear.

Other than that, I'm working on a Mastermind character who's virus-themed (as in the malware), but while I know the name should be painfully puntastic, I don't know what name to settle on...

Part-time table flipper

Global: Skathi the Huntress

Closest I have to a pun name is The Panic (dual pistols/mind blaster). Her catchphrase is "you may now panic".

This is going to work better with mass confusion, I swear.

Other than that, I'm working on a Mastermind character who's virus-themed (as in the malware), but while I know the name should be painfully puntastic, I don't know what name to settle on...

I'd suggest looking to Reboot for ideas.

My earliest punning character, remade on Torchbearer, is Grandma Gnosis. 

Most of my character names are allusions to history or mythology, though.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I remember back on the official servers running across a hero named Local Man. His bio was rather amusing. It went something like this:

"Local Man, the most famous of heroes. Local man rescues cat from tree! Local man saves child trapped in a well! Local man arrested for (insert crime since I can't remember it)... Er..."

I figured out how to make a chastity belt in the costume creator (there is a belt that is a chain with a large padlock, wear that with a gray-tinted bikini bottom) and it inspired me to create a thugs/pain mastermind named "Chastity Lovelock". Her back-story was that she was once the kid sidekick of an extreme anti-smut vigilante named "Max Banhammer", but they have since become deadly enemies because he won't give her the key to her magic, invulnerable belt.

I figured out how to make a chastity belt in the costume creator (there is a belt that is a chain with a large padlock, wear that with a gray-tinted bikini bottom) and it inspired me to create a thugs/pain mastermind named "Chastity Lovelock". Her back-story was that she was once the kid sidekick of an extreme anti-smut vigilante named "Max Banhammer", but they have since become deadly enemies because he won't give her the key to her magic, invulnerable belt.

That's... EW, that's disgusting. Those things were all metal, and were not designed to be removable without the key. How does she go to the bathroom?!

Before Sunset I was trying to think of a name for a Plant/Fire Dominator.  I was reading the book series written by David Weber and John Ringo that starts with March Upcountry and they talk about the surge of heat that comes out of a plasma weapon called, "thermal bloom", and it fit.  Since Sunrise, Nature Affinity has become a thing, so he's become a Nature/Fire Defender since.  The Defender is easier, but I can't say the Dominator wasn't fun, either.

I also  have a Grav/Dark Dominator called Twilight's Mass and an Earth/Fire Dominator called Magma Rider.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

These were some of mine from back in the days of Live (some funny, some just fun):

Safety Third – Inv/Axe Tanker with a peg leg, hook hand, and eye patch. If there was an Axe skin that was large scissors, he would have been running with them.

Kaka de Muerte — Stone/SS Tanker made to look like, well... you get it. Had plenty of great battle cries too.

Can o' Whoopass — Peacebringer. Surprisingly he was never forced into a name change.

Durahell – SS/Elec Brute, punned after the Duracell battery

The Right Hand of Gloom – Dark/Dark Brute who looked like a purple Hellboy

Too many others I've forgotten. Maybe I have them saved in my Sentinel+ files.

• Haha 1

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

Some of mine ...

Back in the day I made a black male character with one of those flat-top fade hairstyles that was popular with rappers in the 1990s. Then I dressed him in khaki pants, a button-up dress shirt, a sweater vest, and loafers.

His name? LL Bean J

Made a Ninja Blade female character wearing practically nothing. I had to name her "Triple-N" because the name filters wouldn't let me call her "Nearly Naked Ninja". (I think it wouldn't allow the word "naked".)

I made a joke character who did nothing but sit in the chat channels correcting other people's grammar and spelling. I named him, "Grammar 5th Columnist" (again, the filters wouldn't let me use "Nazi", and I don't blame them).

Patriotic, red white and blue female character named "Missy In Action".

Female electricity blaster wearing neon pink and shooting pink lightning: "Shocking Pink"

The representative of Pluto in my team of solar system-based heroines is named "Notta Planet".

Martial artist named "Tae Kwon Dori"

Energy/Energy blaster named "Jouleiana"

• Haha 1

I use to have a catgirl themed demon summoner/Thermal mastermind named Dante's Impfurno. Might remake her.

See, I would have expected Dante's Impurrrno.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

I use to have a catgirl themed demon summoner/Thermal mastermind named Dante's Impfurno. Might remake her.

See, I would have expected Dante's Impurrrno.

She has a bunch of imps (she thinks they are really weird mice) following her around, has fur, and was mutated into a nekojin by her former boyfriend who was named Dante and kept claiming she belonged to him. I'll probably make a mad scientist type villain named Dante Cattman or something as her archnemesis.

That, and Inpurrno was taken already. As was Infurno. Actually, I was chatting with someone named Infurno earlier today on Torchbearer.

I'm not using these so you are welcome to use them.

Monk of Funk - Afro, Purple Gi, Platform shoes, you get the idea. Pair with MA or StJ for maximum funkiness.

Hex Appeal - Scantily clad Magic Origin character, Witch hat to drive the joke home.

• Like 1