Share your Puns/amusing Character Names

Venture

I've made a few new characters that may be worthy of this list. 

Lola Palooza  
Layla Palooza

Lila Palooza

All three are a bit of a play on Lollapalooza, the odd name of a music fest, in addition to: 

lol·la·pa·loo·za
/ˌläləpəˈlo͞ozə/

noun
INFORMALNORTH AMERICAN

1. a person or thing that is particularly impressive or attractive.
    "it's a lollapalooza, just like your other books"

A significant portion of my character roster are at least partial pun names.

AquaNyet - Russian Water/Electric Corruptor with a thing for American hairspray
Beau Vine - Minotaur Plant/Thorn Dominator
Crue Satyr - Sword-and-Board Brute
Dee Nile - Egyptian Grav/Energy Dominator
Gal Van Nuys - Shield/Electric Tanker, was named Tess LaCoille but someone else on Everlasting had already used the same pun spelled a bit differently
Hack and Splash - Water/Ninja Blaster
Holy Shoot - Angelic Pistol/Ninjitsu Sentinel with her celestial weapons Thoughts and Prayers
Iron Ma'am - Energy/Invuln Sentinel, rule 63 Tony Stark with the serial numbers filed off
Kinjitsu - Ninja/Kin MM, portmanteau of Kinetics and Ninjitsu
Mai Grayn - Psi/Will Stalker
Major Airhead -  Arachnos Widow
Major Hassle - Arachnos Soldier
Mike N. Troller - Illusion/Rad Controller
Mike R. Uptor - Pistol/Time Corruptor
Miss Calculation - Bots/FF MM, pets named for mathematicians
Miss Place - tri-form Warshade
Miss Tell - human-form Peacebringer, often hears people say non-sequitur things but then they apologize and call her by name
Officer Reid - Thugs/Elec MM, name is Miranda Reid, sort of a pun on reading someone their Miranda rights
Pink Painther - Savage/Will Scrapper, gets big, pink, and furry when it's time for a fight
Punky Bruiser - Street Justice/Will Brute, Blatant ripoff parody of Punky Brewster
Rae Dee O'Active - Rad/Rad Tanker
Reese Eikler - Zombie/Nature MM, minion pets are named Reduce, Reuse, Reanimate
Rhea Dacted - Pistol/Martial Blaster, all other information classified
Ri Poph - Earth/Earth Dominator, Blatant ripoff parody of Toph Bei Fong from Avatar
Static Klingon - Axe/Electric Brute, using the Rikti axe since it's the closest thing we have to a bat'leth
Two Hit Tudor - Thermal/Fire Defender, a play on One Hit Wonder combined with Victor Borge's bit about inflation
Valhalla Back Girl - Mace/Shield Brute, modern-day Valkyrie, costumes based on Gwen Stefani's outfits in the Holla Back Girl video, 

• Haha 2

... as just mentioned elsewhere, Rock Yew. Earth/TA 'troller. Yes, I was surprised. Now if only we had stone armor Sentinels.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 hours ago, Greycat said:

... as just mentioned elsewhere, Rock Yew. Earth/TA 'troller. Yes, I was surprised. Now if only we had stone armor Sentinels.

And I had a brief mental image of a minimum-height Staff/WP scrapper -- "Wee Will, Wee Will, Rock Yew!"

• Haha 1

On 8/3/2021 at 11:21 AM, srmalloy said:

And I had a brief mental image of a minimum-height Staff/WP scrapper -- "Wee Will, Wee Will, Rock Yew!"

Could certainly use the "lowercase L and capital I look identical in this font" trick to have two characters (apparently) named Wee Will.

A couple relatively recent guys…

Violent Beauregard - db/sr stalker, a deconverted doomsday cultist

Ice Cream Coney - claws/cold corruptor, bitten by a radioactive arctic hare

SPQRK - staff/wp scrapper, with tridenty weapon and Roman armor

Rococo Coconut Crab - flamboyant crab spider, not a pun, but fun to say his name

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ZekeStenzland said:

A couple relatively recent guys…

Ice Cream Coney - claws/cold corruptor, bitten by a radioactive arctic hare

I'm sorry but, huh? Claws is not available on corruptors (a ranged AT) here on HC.

• Haha 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

More than a few here. My favorite, now retired, was TooGhoulForSchool, a Savage/Radiation Brute. Back story was a 50s nerd who bought the Charles Atlas method to beef up. Tried to kiss his high school crush, and was pushed into a radioactive waste pond. He came back to life for his girl, and to know if he aced his science test.

Jersey Girl - a bovine tanker that was the creation of the Mad Cow King; her entire 'family' is bad bovine puns.

Latency - a villainous bots/dark (repurposed to 'gravity') mastermind.  Basically she's the most frightening thing to an online gamer...

• 4 months later

Free idea - comes with PUNishment. Use as you will. :D 

He is an ancient being of PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER!!... 

Who lives in the ittybittylivingspace behind the bar of his partner, who runs a bistro during her "Day Job". 

Together they fight crime as "Djinn and Tonic"!  

Edited by Dynamo-Joe

Named a Cold/water Defender Tall Glass.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Nosfera-too - Vampire themed Kin/Dark Defender

Lich-ilicious - Necro/Dark MM

MISSADVENTUR - Inv/SS tank

THUGSRUS - Thugs/Dark MM

The Atomic Warden - Rad/Rad Defender

Marshal Mayhem - Fire/MA tank

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

Somehow snagged the name Knight Music, a Sonic/Dark troller (or is that a Dark/Sonic?  I dunno).  Never played anything Sonic before.  Something of a basic tights look with a fancy helm with the Black Knight visor options, and a big black musical note 🎵 on his chest.  Haven't done a thing with him yet, may want to reroll him into say a Defender.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• 5 months later