Share your Puns/amusing Character Names

Venture

I named my most recent villain "Playa del Mal". It's a bilingual pun. Translated to English, it means "Evil Beach".

724230989_CityofHeroesScreenshot2022_04.29-21_15_25_69.thumb.jpg.f54a56ea9febbf3debae36288364eb5d.jpg

I was inspired by this masterpiece from Italian comedy metal band, Nanowar of Steel, in which they combine the subject matter of Satanic Norwegian black metal with Latin/Caribbean party music:

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

The term doesn't mean what it sounds like, but I have a Seismic/Electric Blaster named 'Shōgekisekiei' (衝撃石英), Japanese for 'Shocked Quartz'. The term actually refers to quartz deformed by extreme pressure, often found as the result of meteor impacts, so it's still relevant for Seismic Blast, even if it only ties in verbally to Electric Manipulation.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Beast Mastermind: Oodles of Poodles

Sonic Sentinel, tiny and dressed in roman garb: Little Seizures

Poison/Plant Controller, dressed in black and green: Mr. Yuk

Merc/Storm Mastermind: Storm'n Norman

Gravity/FF Controller, dressed as a military commander: Colonel Relativity (not yet a General)

Sword (machete) stalker, dressed like Jason from Friday the 13th: Camping Buddy

Earth Controller, looks like a Minotaur: Quarter Pounder

Female Bots MM (Steampunk, with a big booty): I Like Big Bots

Edited by Tenebrose
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Man it's been a while since I've been in this thread... got a few new(ish) alts up and running that I'm kinda pleased with.

Dumpster Juice - poison/water defender - poor sad hobo

Methanephetamine - fire/kin controller - powered by cow farts!

Tank and Spank - dark/nrg tanker AND will/street tanker - I was shocked to get the name on one server, never mind two

Tamk amd Spamk - ss/invul brute - he filled out his hero registration in cursive (fun fact: I made this guy before either of the Tank and Spanks, assuming the regular spelling would have been taken, and only checked after someone on a TF asked me about it. One of them is in fact on the same server.)

Lab Grown - time/seismic def - a Crey experiment in rapid gemstone production gone horribly wrong

• Like 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

Just had a wild thought and made a new character, a Fire/Fire Stalker dressed in lots of the "Mummified" bandages look, shaded a light pinkish red:  Wrapped In Bacon.

Edited by Clave Dark 5
  • Haha 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Kitten America (Claws/SR scrapper, white-furred catgirl with red stripes in patriotic outfit) is an obvious Captain America parody.

The Smokemeister (Dark/Dark scrapper) is my adorkable attempt to make a Dark/Dark who isn't grimdark

Superconductrix (Elec/Elect blaster) is an admittedly lewd double-entendre regarding the "path of no resistance"

Patriot Dream (MA/WP scrapper) is taken from the fourth verse of "America the Beautiful", her power in concept is that the more strongly she believes in what she's fighting for, the stronger she gets

The Sword of the Stars (Katana/WP scrapper) is a girl who has read too many samurai stories and has decided to take up the sword - but who is a samurai's rightful lord in a land ruled "of the people, by the people, for the people"?  Clearly, the people.  Thus, she is the sword of the stars (on the flag, that is).

Bladewhisper (Katana/Regen) is my ninja scrapper, therefore clearly her Praetorian analogue must be the rather unhinged Bladescream (Broadsword/Regen)

And i just think that Krystalyn is a nice name for an ice/ice blaster.  Also a pun on her name, which in Japanese is Rin, but she now writes as Lyn (which would be written exactly the same way in Japanese characters).

Impulse Drive isn't really anything special now, but back when I was on Virtue on live, she was huge fangirl of Jean Rodman-Berry's "Space Voyage", and would wax lyrical about the adventures of Captain Tiberius and the crew of the Starship Endeavor.

Sadly, I was unable to get my favorite character name pun from Live.  Datamine was a Robots/Traps mastermind.  He was also incredibly neurotic, while his robots were even more gung ho, had decided he was the only one worthy to rule the world, and were practically forcing him into supervillainy at laser-point.

Edited by Stormwalker

My newest one is a play on the Easter bunny.   The Reaper Bunny - dual pistol / Regen sentinel and I'm loving it.  Dressed kind of like, but not exactly like Reaper from overwatch, and of course it's a big pink bunny. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later

I've got a few myself:

Ashkicker: fire/fire blaster
Ivan the Cyberian: Ice/Ice blaster terminator style
Jaques Hammer: DP/Martial blaster (the frenchified version so the S is silent... while I'm at it... Van Damn anyone?)
Ire of Horus: PB (originally Eye of Horus, but the name was taken when I moved shards)
Holly Smoaks: Fire/Fiery Dom
Cryo Jenny: Ice/Storm Dom
Flame Brain: Fire/Fire Sent (not the brightest torch in the tiki party)
Maj. Bear Zerka: St.J/Ice Brute with anger issues
Killwatt: Elec/Elec Brute. 

Play on existing names/characters:
Rachel Ghul: the Ghul Ra's and Talia know nothing about, Dark/Nin Blaster
Azza R'ath, Metrionne, and Zintos (demons with varying ATs and powers)
Dwight Walker: Zombies/Cold MM
Salem Moon: Anime School Girl witch... with the sailor scarf
Mu'Zashi: Elec/Ninja Blaster... part Mu, part Japanese Sword Master

Achilla Frost: Ice/Icy Dom of DC persuasion
NIMH Rod: National Institute of Mental Health Rodent Specimen didn't fit... also a nod to Rats of NIMH, Dark/Sav dom... no intended reference to Nimrod, yeah right.
Dread Baron: DP/Dark Sent. All red flying ace, DP/Dark Sent
Young Drake: Arguably the Best Robin Ever. Staff/WP Scrapper

Non-English terms that sound cool:
Tetsu Kukaze: roughly means Freezing Wind... Ninja/Storm MM
Ryoshi: means hunter in Japanese, my Naruto-inspired Ill/dark troller ninja

Cinq: Psy/Temporal blaster... in retrospect I may re-roll her as a Sonic/Temporal... also means five in French since I'm into the numbers thing
Operative Roku: Beam/Dev Blaster. Roku just means Six in japanese. and this blaster thinks he's an Arachnos Soldier
Dank Farrik: Beam/FF Corr... Don't know what language this is, but the Mandalorian says this quite a bit
Baruk Khazad: Dwarvish for Axe of the Dwarves Titan Weapons/Stone Scrapper

I also renamed, respec-ed and recostumed all of my spiders and moved them to their own SG, The Silk Road Trading Company.

Members include: Charmeuse, Georgette, (Huntsman) Habotai, Lt. DuPion, The Moroccan, Satin, (Sgt.) Tasar, Tussah, and Velvette

A couple of L33T ones:
No.15e

• Like 2

Barbie Que: Fire/Fire Tank
Stabbitha: WP/DB Stalker
Cosmic Rae: Rad/Elec Blaster
GroundspikeL Claws/Elec Brute
Amp Rage: Elec/Elec Tank
Tax Shelter: SS/Shield Brute (Marketing toon)
Wetta N Wyld: Storm/Water Defender
Chip R. Shredder: WP/DB Tank
Schlitzkrieg: SD/Fire Tank (Not really a pun, but a copy of a toon I made when Zukunft opened.  Having to explain to a German was always fun.)
Badinage: DB/EnA Scrapper
Myrtle Kombat: MA/Bio Brute
Al A. Magordo: Fire/Rad Troller
Bougainvillea: Plant/Thorn Dominator
Chop Socket: MA/ElA Stalker
Savage Gardener: Plant/Nature Controller
Captain Obvious: Stj/SD Brute
Khandi Kane: Christmas themed candy cane marketeer
MollyHatchet: TW/Invuln Brute
Frosty Mug: Ice/Martial Blaster
Psycho Hose Beast: Claws/Regen Brute (Wayne's WOrld joke)
Grue: Dark/Dark Brute
Think Tank: Mind/FF Controller
Badaxe: Axe/WP Brute
Poly Armory: Beam/Ninja Blaster
Uncle Truck: Not a pun, but a name my nephew used for me before he could get my name right.  Shades of Optimus Prime...
Catorce: Obligatory Catboy
Por Q Pine: Spines/Bio Brute

• Like 2

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

5 hours ago, Six-Six said:

Dank Farrik: Beam/FF Corr... Don't know what language this is, but the Mandalorian says this quite a bit

Checking the various SW fansites, it's a widely-used expression indicating frustration or astonishment that may be a vulgarity (the way some people might say 'oh, fsck me' under the same conditions).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Lets see, I have a lot of odd or strange names but not so many actual pun-driven names:

Jennifer Chilly - Ice/Ice Blaster a play on the actress Jennifer Tilly

Violet Femme - Punk rock dressed (purple) Plant/Poison controller

Adorabrawl - WP/SS Tank - super tiny and super cute and super punchy.

Gibrawlter - Stone/Stone Brute - Get it the Rock of Gibralter

There are a few others that I used to have but now that I read this post and post I want to re-make so I don't want to give away the name.  Darn you altitis.

• Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

10 hours ago, biostem said:

One I've been playing recently is a willpower/battle axe tanker, named "Revolutionary Axe", with a tricorne hat and cloak.  It's quite the fun character!

I have the same outfit on my Elec/Dark Controller, "Spastic Colonial."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

Anyone who's been reading the stalker forums might have noticed this one: I built a stalker with four different TP combat powers (well, 3 and an extra that does no damage).  At first I was thinking to name him something cool and bas-a$$ sounding like "Hyperspace Hunter" (you can take it if you want it), but when I came up with this one, I just could NOT leave it un-used:

The Pink Bampfer. 

I hope I haven't already dropped that one in here.

Edited by Clave Dark 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I now own Hieronymus Squash...

He's a Plant Controller with a weird sense of humor and a talent for painting questionable scenes.

And when the Halloween special Aether costumes come along... he's going to get his "real" costume.

He's a Fir Bolg. 

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Haha 2

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Let's see what I have.

Fidgety Girl (electric/electric/electric blaster)

An inexperienced barista at an upscale coffee shop, Jennifer Burke was involved in a tragic accident involving a new, experimental espresso machine. Now, her body infused with caffeine and electricity, she is constantly on the prowl for criminal activity. They say crime never sleeps. Well, neither does Fidgety Girl!

Fists of Furry Fury (SR/street justice tanker)

Misty was an outdoor cat.  She could never stay cooped up in the house.  She had to go places!  She had to do things!  She had to see everything!
One of the things she saw was bad people.  They were mean to animals and they were mean to each other.  Every night, she dreamt that some day she would be able to do something about it.
They say that if enough cats dream something, it will come true.  Maybe if just one cat dreams something long enough.....

Unarmed Wombat (MA/SR scrapper)

Jack Tyler was hiking in the Rocky Mountains when he was abducted by the Council and subjected to bizarre experiments intended to create a new type of killer to complement their warwolves and vampires. Jack was able to escape from the lab and was befriended and raised by a community of wombats (how these Australian marsupials ended up in North America is a story for another time). Now he fights all forms of evil, but especially those that despoil or defy nature.

Lord Footloose (Soldier of Arachnos crab spider)

You know, Lord Recluse would have a much better image if he had a funkier name and knew how to unwind.  At least that's what his little brother Gustav would always tell people.
Stefan eventually had enough of his brothers shenanigans and told him he wanted him in Arachnos, where he could keep an eye on him.  Gus could handle that.  He even decided to get those silly crab legs to look more like his big brother.  But Gus is going to show him how to do it WITH STYLE!
Where is there a party?  Let's boogie!

Mr. Shouty (sonic/sonic defender who only talks in all caps)

SO I WAS ALWAYS THE LOUD ONE WHEN I WAS GROWING UP.  I'M OKAY WITH THAT.  I'VE LEARNED TO LIVE WITH IT AND I'VE LEARNED TO USE IT AS A HERO.
MY DAUGHTER CAME UP WITH MY HERO NAME.  SO I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY WISECRACKS ABOUT IT OR YOU'LL GET AN EARFUL!!!

I had all of these back on live and have only recreated Fidgety Girl and Mr. Shouty on Homecoming.  Feel free to use the other names if they amuse you.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Namesake: Mistress Ohm - elec/elec blaster "Try and resist, resistance is interesting."  Character from Live, glad I got the name here. 🙂

mistress_ohm_AV.jpg

And then there's : 

Auntie Freeze - ice/ice dominator - Praetorian cop turned vigilante.  Basically a play on "Mother Mayhem" and the Big Brother vibe of Praetoria.

Daisy Chain - MA/ninjutsu stalker, was my CoV Beta character

daisy_chain_by_johnbecaro-rescaled.jpg

Dame Demolition - robots/traps MM - ex Crey employee with an outstanding workman's comp claim.

Annular Eclipse - warshade.  Nuff said. 🙂 

Multiball Bonus - rad/kin 'fender, basically a pinball-powered blastbot, was originally a short lived member of the Pinball Wizards back on Live

Torch Juggler - Carnival of Light refugee from the original Portal Corp missions, NOT the Praetorian ones.  A blaster on Live, now a Sentinel. 

Marketing Goddess - mind/psy dominator - social media influencer with mind control/psychic powers.  She's REALLy good at getting people to buy stuff.   

I wanted to name my elec affinity defender "Dynamo Humm" but someone beat me to it.  So I just couldn't do it.  (Maybe I'll try her sister.)

Edited by MistressOhm

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

I recently created a Ninja Blade/Ninjitsu Stalker named Sinister Mall Ninja (open account at Bud K).

My Merc/Traps MM named Major M.E.N.A.C.E. (MENACE is also the name of his Villain SG and stands for Mean, Evil, Nasty, And Cruel to Everyone)

I used to play tons of Starcraft so now I have an AR/Bio Sent named Infested Marine (wins quite a few CCs actually)

I also have a Merc/Poison MM named Viper Commander (NO relation to a certain snake-themed villain from a popular cartoon and toy line)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later