Share your Puns/amusing Character Names

Venture

I always wanted to make am AfroBot, obviously an homage to blaxploitation films.  I think I may have run into one before shut-down too.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

some of mine:

Earth Wind & Fire, my 70s disco controller

Spandex Ballet an 80s themed toon complete with leg warmers

Venerable William a British Bobby

Toxic Shock Syndrome because she just effing is!!!!!!

and

Reservoir Frog an amphibious DP gangster

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Back on live I had this... I'm not sure about re-creating her just yet. But I'm tempted. Fire/Fire Scrapper. ;D

pzNEQOu.png

(No. She's not a Power Puff Girl. Why do you ask? ;D )

This caused as much punnage as you might expect - example - a chatlog from a Synapse TF:

While the name wasn't punny, one of our legens, Zortel, had a character called Cauter who was billed as "The Burning Sensation you don't need a cream for."

• Like 1

The only character name I have that is deliberately punish is a DP Blaster from before the shutdown recreated as a Sentinel; with the original, I noticed how several of the costume pieces could be combined to look like mecha from anime series, and Mobile Suit Gun Dame was born. With the exception of one outfit using the Mecha costume pieces, all of her costumes are designed to resemble different Gundam mecha.

spacer.png
Edited by srmalloy
  • Like 1

Wrongbow - Archery/Tactical Arrow Blaster villain modeled on Longbow

Wrongbo  - Staff Fighting/Super Reflexes Scrapper villain modeled on Wrongbow

Major Malfunction - Mercs/Devices Mastermind (although I was thinking about re-rolling him to Robotics)

• Like 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Son of a Gun - Beam Rifle blaster, all sliders set to minimum to look like a child. (I really need to see if "A Gun" is taken so I can make his dad...)

Hot Lead - Pistols/Thermal corruptor.

Hammerdroids - Bots/Thermal MM (who, from reading this thread, apparently needs to team up with Burning Sensation...).

I've got a file with plenty more names in it, but I'm trying hard to curb my alt-itis and focus on just a few characters to level up.

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

Finally made that Bots/Sonic Mastermind. Her name's HAXXadecimal. She's virus-themed.

Two of her bots will be named Melissa and ILOVEYOU.

I have no regret.

ON LIVE I HAD CAPT. CAPS LOCK.  I STAYED IN CHARACTER THROUGHOUT.  PEOPLE HATED TEAMING WITH ME.

I think I've heard of the legend. (Either that, or there was more than one around this concept, in which case may God have mercy.) I am honoured to meet the mind behind him!

• Like 1

Part-time table flipper

Global: Skathi the Huntress

Not sure if they count as puns, but I have Prismatic Shield (FF/rad def) and Prismatic Spray (Ill/rad troller) on Torchbearer. And to fit the theme, all of their powers are colored differently. The outfits are even prismatic. I'm tempted to make an En/En (Invuln?) tank or brute named Prismatic Wall. Yes, all of them are a D&D reference. Some of my favorite spells.

• Like 1

I had an idea for an immortal lightning spirit, and while trying to think of a name, I came up with 'Voltergeist.'

I loved it, but it didn't fit because it wasn't conceived as a goofy character, so the name is probably still available.

• Like 1

A character I'd made before the servers were originally shut down was an Elec/Elec brute who's backstory was that he was a high school football star who's coach was obsessed with winning, so doped the team with an experimental and unstable performance enhancer. Now, this football star wasn't particularly bright. Too many blows to the head, and all that. So he decided to call himself Shock Jock.

Just made one.  Was talking to people on another alliance and thought of Chain Reaction, sadly that one was taken. Then a thought struck me...Chains Addiction (she wears chain mail, has chains over her eyes, arms, legs and feet)  Guess I should make another one named Breaking Benjamin (which is ironic since my name is Benjamin!)