Share your Puns/amusing Character Names

Venture

Aries no.

Ok, I'm glad I managed to find the thread again to check (don't like oopsing twice)....BTW, eta on the "replies to our posts" button?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Most of my characters have names that derive (generally in other languages, because it's easier to get a name you're after that way than in English) from the character's powersets, like a Fire/Dark Corruptor named Tenevoy Ogon (Теневой Огонь -- 'Shadow Fire'), or a Fire/Rad Sentinel named Termoyaderniy (Термоядерный -- 'Thermonuclear').

Love so many of these names. I while I don't have that level of wit, I am happy with a couple I came up with recently:

Helen Carnate (Demons/Thermal Mastermind). A demon inhabiting the body of a jealous Hellion girlfriend who just wanted to keep tabs on her man and busted into the wrong ritual at the right time.

Kung Fu Hustler (Ninja/Time Mastermind), a honky tonk con artist who got a hold of some Portal Corp technology and cut a sweet deal with a bandit clan from Song Dynasty China.

• Like 1

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

Fluffy Thoughts - MC/Dark controller. Inspired by the name of a local bakery.

Nanuke of the North - Ice/Rad corrupter. Pun on Nanook of the North.

Rouge Angle of Satin - WP/Fire tanker. A tribute to misspelling.

Sirius Moonlight - Rad/Dark defender. All powers tinted the lightest gray I could get. Does not yet have red shoes.

Rotten Banana - Dark/Spines tanker. Spines coloured black, Dark coloured yellow.

On live I also had Frigid Femme - Ice/Ice blaster.

I've had these in the past, none two of them remade here:

Beverly Chills, cold corr

Dagon's Belle, whose father was a demonic monster

Cinder Ella, dark melee scrapper

Donkey Hotay, which made me laugh a lot more than it should

Double Donkey Motel, an expert assassin

Emo Shin, a play on my in-game nickname

H4mL33t, a thespian Freakshow member

Hammer of Grabthar, a kind of Judah Maccabee (the Thune from the Nexus comics, known as the Hammer) crossed with... well, I hope you recognize the reference  ^_^

Herd Mentality, a cow tanker

It's A Trap, a fish-headed character in a schoolgirl uniform

Ivan the Terra-Bull, another cow character

Liberty or Debt, a patriotic blaster

MC Gorbachev, who shook hands with both Ronalds, Reagan and McDonald

Moar Cowbell, because you can never have too many cow pun characters

Moo Vestment, because what I just said

Mucknumb of PI, a former Lost who worked as an investigator in Peregrine Island

None More Black, who was the embodiment of Nigel Tufnel as an antihero

Penelope Shin, also a play on my nickname and I *have* remade this one here  ^_^

Popeye Khan, who looked like various pop icons including Elvis, John Wayne, Humphrey Bogart, Marilyn Monroe, and of course Michael Jackson

Radionicus, an ancient Roman aqueduct designer whose experiment went horribly wrong, dousing him in... radiation... granting him... radiation superpowers, because... Daedalus and one late-night ITF where people got silly about how he got his powers

Schrodinger's Catgirl, I am hardly the only one to think of it though

Show Me the Monkey, because you need ape-themed pun characters too

Slay Belle, and I've remade this one here as well

Squiddy Kitty, catgirl warshade

Trigger Warning, a dual pistols blaster

Wilhelm Scream, sonic blaster

You Gotta Be Kitten, one of several cat pun characters

Wallstreet Brawler, the marketeer version of BABs

• Like 1

You Gotta Be Kitten, one of several cat pun characters

I really should list those as well:

KittyKitty Bang Bang (remade here)

Faster Kittykat Kill (a kin)

Kitty in the Middle

Sayanora Kitty, a stalker, the opposite of Hello Kitty

probably more that I'm forgetting.  There was always Mouse Police as well, taken from the Jethro Tull song.

• Like 1

The one I've got the most comments on it game:

Covfefe - Plant/Kin Controller

I made this one which always makes me laugh, but no one seems to get the reference:

Lactomancress - Water/Kin corruptor with powers colored very light grey (Milk)  Her warcry: "You thought Lactomancy was a joke?!"

I've since added an M on the end of all my characters for identification, so it's Covfefe M, and Lactomancress M if anyone wants the plain name.

I used to have Volcano Girl - Stone/Fire tank, on live, but I didn't play for about 6 months and the name got taken.

Same happened with Clockwork Queen - Ill/Rad controller.  Haven't remade either yet.

Fstr - My Sonic/Kin Corruptor, took afterburner and she was fast.

I've got a certain pink character from a certain series about ponies...

But she's been disillusioned by broken promises (show ended), being kicked out of her home town, etc.  She's bitter and pissed at the world.

She is...

Middle Finger Pie

• Haha 1

"Face the impossible... and make it your bitch."

~ Dynamistress

www.dynamistress.com

I had this idea the other day while looking at Silver Mantis LFG ads.  A mercs/whatever MM, called "The Weekly Strike Force."  All the pets would be named after days of the week, like Private Monday, Corporal Thursday, etc.  with the player/captain as Saturday, because Saturday's just the best.

• Like 2

I had this idea the other day while looking at Silver Mantis LFG ads.  A mercs/whatever MM, called "The Weekly Strike Force."  All the pets would be named after days of the week, like Private Monday, Corporal Thursday, etc.  with the player/captain as Saturday, because Saturday's just the best.

I endorse this!

• Like 1

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

When the game was live I made:

-A Jamaican themed Broadsword Scrapper named "Yahmon/Yahman" not original as this was inspired by the "Members Only" episode of Power Puff Girls where they crossover with the Justice Friends from Dexter's Lab

-A Mirai Trunks themed StJ/Fire Brute named "Down Right Fierce" a play on Hadouken from Street Fighter

-A Yaruichi/Naruto/Taki themed KM/Nin named "Fight of Your Life" because "Hyperactive Ninja" was already taken

-A Raikage/Raiden/Static themed Elec/Shield Scrapper named "Thunderous Brute" because Shield is better on Scrappers

-My 2nd or 3rd attempt at a Rock Lee tribute named "Springtime of Youth"

*I also ran into a "Zoot Suit Brute", he was aptly named.

Rouge Angle of Satin - WP/Fire tanker. A tribute to misspelling.

Rouge Angle of Santa would carry the same theme through each word...

:)

I had a Rouge Spy once. After she went rouge she was kicked out of the organization, because they had rules against excessive makeup.

My wife runs a Ill/Storm called Hugh G. Rection

I have a Spines/Regen called Little Prick

Waaaaay back when I was first intro'd to the game by a friend (like i2?), I made a Spines/Invul scrapper named Little Prique.

I've steered away from the body parts names now (due to children who can read!), but that didn't stop me from naming my Inv/Titan tank Hugh Jeffinsword.

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

Apathiel- winged emo Fire/Empathy Controller.  This disaffected angel first appeared in Paragon City in the early 1990s following a Wave of Mutilation, when the sky was made of amethyst and all the stars were just like little fish. Some say he was sent to prevent the opening of a Heart Shaped Box used in a ritual to summon a Black Hole Sun at the Sunny Day Real Estate company, but when asked he simply flipped his hair and took a drag from his clove cigarette, leaving curious onlookers to Enjoy the Silence.