Share your Puns/amusing Character Names

Venture

I recently created a Rad/Atomic blaster on Excelsior and named him Atom Warlock.  I honestly expected the name to be taken already but it wasn't.

My demon mastermind named his demonlings Lil Spice and Lil Ice.  I'm still thinking about what to call his other demons.

I seldom come up with really good puns for my characters. Or I think I do, only to find out that they're already taken. C'est la vie.

But MM pets, well there it doesn't matter if someone else already that idea, and I can enjoy it without confliction with anyone else's game. I LOVE naming my minions. I had oh so many different MM combinations on live, but I've only got a Thugs and a Bot MM here currently.

Thugs/Traps:

Plot, Ploy, and the arsonist is Prank. My Enforcers are Blitz & Krieg. My Bruiser is Zed, because he is the end of all things.

Bots/Time:

Clink, Clank, and Clunk. Protectors are Nuts & Bolts. And, finally, Grace. Why 'Grace'? Well that one takes a bit longer of an explanation, but I'll just leave a snippet for anyone interested, it's from a remake of a particular song...

"I like big bots and I cannot lie.

You engie girls can't deny

that when a girl walks in with a bot named 'Grace'

with a large chassis all in your face

you're good to go!

Wanna pet pull mobs"...

(..and etc., etc.)

I always check out other MM's minions to see if they're named as well, I love the creativity I often see there.

Zepher Firestorm - my Fire-Storm controller (the name works on multiple levels) has Imps named - Larry, Curly, Moe and that is a very exact way to describe their behavior.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

Back in the Day, My Soldier MM had the following Minions:  Private Room, Private Booth, Major Payne, The medic was Private Nurse, and the big guy was, of Course, General Mayhem. 

I also made a Christmas Alt named Sandy Koz (Time/Ice powers).   

Arizona Ranger travels around with a Big Iron on his Hip. (Dual Pistols/Willpower)

in a related side note: My dad was in the Air Force, and he reported to Lt. Col Minor.  Who, of course before his promotion had been  Major Minor.

Back in the Day, My Soldier MM had the following Minions:  Private Room, Private Booth, Major Payne, The medic was Private Nurse, and the big guy was, of Course, General Mayhem. 

There was a Cartoon Network show that involved a sheep avoiding the military.  The whole unit was populated by contradictory names like General Specific, Major Minor, Private Public, etc.  The show was rather stupid, but I remember the names.

Edit: Since I'm waxing historical and this is a thread of punny names, a webcomic of yore for your pleasure.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Here are a few of mine:

Over Reactor - Claws/Rad Scrapper

Control Rod - Staff/Rad Scrapper

PillarOfTheCommunity - Thugs/Pain

Isotope Rope a Dope - Rad/Rad Brute

Cooke D. Animals - Beast/Thermal Mastermind

Sword 'n Board Broad - BS/SD Scrapper

Edited by biostem

On 6/17/2019 at 6:09 PM, Dynamistress said:

I've got a certain pink character from a certain series about ponies...

But she's been disillusioned by broken promises (show ended), being kicked out of her home town, etc.  She's bitter and pissed at the world.

She is...

Middle Finger Pie

You know what, I'll go there.

Back on live one of my first Praetorian characters created was Rainbow Crash, with the costume patterned after a certain outfit in a certain season 1 episode that contained a certain memetic quote.

Once Water Blast was a thing she was replaced with Rainbow Splash. Water/Ice iirc. Yes, every power was a specific rainbow color.

I also had a Storm/DP named Cirrus Sam (short for Samantha) and I HOPE I don't have to explain the joke or the reference. Yes, she wore a white tanktop, shades, bluejeans... and had the bomb chest symbol.

Rot That Walks was my first 50, a Necro/Pain with one costume that was made to look like Zoey from Left4Dead. All of her minions 'coincidentally' had the same names as the other seven survivors, with the zombies being Nick, Ellis, and Francis...

Before abandoning Freedom for Virtue I had a Rad/Rad defender named Atomic Bombshell. Yes, chest sliders were predictably maxxed. She was reborn on Virtue as 'Abnormal Isotope' with a non-joke body.

Suzanne Snyder was a Fire/Dark corr that I made as soon as powersets could be colored so I could make white flames and color dark miasma pink and blue to look like cotton candy. Jester/clown motif, named after the lead actress in Killer Klowns from Outer Space. Water blast didn't exist yet and fire still gets across the idea of an 'acidic whipped cream pie' attack far better than water blast would. I only found out after making her that Fire/Dark was considered an OP pairing.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

I had a bubbler on Legacy named Rainbow Sherbet and yeah, her colours were pastel pink, yellow, and green including her bubbles. It was horribly annoying. XD

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

1 hour ago, Oubliette_Red said:

I had a bubbler on Legacy named Rainbow Sherbet and yeah, her colours were pastel pink, yellow, and green including her bubbles. It was horribly annoying. XD

Now I have the urge to create a character dressed in red, white and dark brown named Neapolitan Dynamite.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, merrypessimist said:

What was the name of that comic? I think I used to read it but I can't for the life of me remember what it's called.

Evil Inc.  https://evil-inc.com/

It's still going but it had a bit of a soft reboot and roll back. I don't remember the reasons why they decided to do it and I'm not even sure there was an official announcement. But since then Evil Atom (the guy in green and purple) is gone and the married hero/villain couple who had kids that are part of the main cast (Captain Heroic and Miss Match) are going through a 'we just met and started dating' storyline now.

There was a fellow I met the other day, all white spectra with the pixel aura names "Invalid Asset" 

I made new characters, and some more old ones. I always feel my puns are weak, but I'll put some here:

Bubble boy - ff/en def actually my most hated character, there's a long story behind him I won't get into from long before CoH, I made him as a challenge to myself.

Ghost fish - psi/ice stalker - fish head, his story is he was the fish of ghost widow...

Squibbon - a little monkey with the 'organ grinder' look - a red & yellow tux top no pants, and a red and gold hat.  He's a Peacbringer of course.

Robo Vane - bird headed robot bots/storm.  His bots names barometer, hygrometer, thermometer.  Haven't gotten to the last two pets yet, but the AS is probably going to be dopplar, not sure what for the other protector bot and little one.  I used to have him on live too, though I forget what his robot's names were.

Corpse Maggot - little tiny guy with a pale lizard body.  Necro/Poison, Nasty looking fellow, with a nasty backstory.

A couple ideas I haven't done yet..  My main is hammer based, and I was thinking of more friends for him, maybe a WM/BIO brute, or TW/BIO scrapper named "Maul Rat"

Also a tiny martial arts guy named "Lo Pain"  Kin/Nin stalker? (I know martial arts, but kin looks so much better)

Oh my daughter's 3rd character, she's only 7, I don't think she understands how much of a pun she made, It's a Necro/Dark MM all colored purple with purple powers, her name: Livy Purple. (She came up with Livy, but that was taken so I told her she needed a last name.)

Edited by Justisaur