Focused Feedback: Travel Power Updates (Build 4)

This might sound weird, but... will there be a way to suppress the speed buff of Evasive Maneuvers? --As an option for your toon, not on the power.  I'm one of these players who goes to Null the Gull first thing to make sure that Speed Boost doesn't make me run so fast I overshoot everything. 

I was trying it out with the changes. The lower endo cost makes it worlds more playable. But hover speed is too fast now. I don't even have swift slotted. but I'd like to keep it on for the immobilize and -fly protect.

Edited by RogueWolf
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/7/2021 at 8:21 PM, TheMuna said:

Also, does anyone know what the defense bonus of stealth in combat now and after the update?

Ok, so apparently I was wrong about this.

In combat it is the same as Stealth on Live.

OUT of combat it is the same as Invisibility on Live which is higher.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Ok, so apparently I was wrong about this.

In combat it is the same as Stealth on Live.

OUT of combat it is the same as Invisibility on Live which is higher.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks. DId you get the numbers from Beta testing? Would you happen to have the number for stealth's defense in combat?

Just now, Wavicle said:

Yes I got this from the beta server. In combat Stealth defense was 1.88, just like live.

Dope. Thank you very much!  Is Beta extremely laggy for everyone or is it just me and my subpar computer? I have no issue playing the normal live version, but Beta lags to the point where it's almost unplayable and rubberbanding.

54 minutes ago, TheMuna said:

Dope. Thank you very much!  Is Beta extremely laggy for everyone or is it just me and my subpar computer? I have no issue playing the normal live version, but Beta lags to the point where it's almost unplayable and rubberbanding.

I play Live using the 64 bit client but the 64 bit Beta client gives me lots of problems, super laggy, textures not displaying properly, all kinds of weird stuff. The 32 bit Beta client works perfectly for me though, maybe try that.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, VashNKnives said:

Infiltration and Athletic Run replace each other instead of stacking according to combat attributes. Is this WAI?

It is WAI

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Just now, Bopper said:

It is WAI

They flip between each other - back and forth in the attributes window. Also, they both are consuming end even though only one is giving you a buff. I think it would be better to make them detoggle the other. Less confusing.

2 minutes ago, VashNKnives said:

They flip between each other - back and forth in the attributes window. Also, they both are consuming end even though only one is giving you a buff. I think it would be better to make them detoggle the other. Less confusing.

It swapping back and forth seems odd. I'm guessing you haven't enhanced Infiltration, so two powers with same buff values might be wonky in the new collective stacking system. As for endurance, that is a drawback, you will have to remember to detoggle powers (or not use it since it's not adding anything). 

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

29 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

I play Live using the 64 bit client but the 64 bit Beta client gives me lots of problems, super laggy, textures not displaying properly, all kinds of weird stuff. The 32 bit Beta client works perfectly for me though, maybe try that.

Worked perfectly with 32-bit. Thank you.

Also, I have no end redux slotted in SS and I'm not getting momentum to trigger either.

13 minutes ago, Bopper said:

It swapping back and forth seems odd. I'm guessing you haven't enhanced Infiltration, so two powers with same buff values might be wonky in the new collective stacking system. As for endurance, that is a drawback, you will have to remember to detoggle powers (or not use it since it's not adding anything). 

Yes, I think the lack of slotting was the issue. I threw in some defense and the flipping seemed to stop. 

I threw in just a kismet and its flipping crazy again 😛

BTW, did you see in that screen the two sprints?

Spoiler

image.png.92be7bf6a32640d116dee02ded6e3160.png

EDIT: Flipping seems to happen even with defense in infiltration - if infiltration was turned on after athletic run

Edited by VashNKnives

6 minutes ago, VashNKnives said:

Yes, I think the lack of slotting was the issue. I threw in some defense and the flipping seemed to stop. 

I threw in just a kismet and its flipping crazy again 😛

BTW, did you see in that screen the two sprints?

Hide contents

image.png.92be7bf6a32640d116dee02ded6e3160.png

EDIT: Flipping seems to happen even with defense in infiltration - if infiltration was turned on after athletic run

You need to slot speed enhancements so that Infiltration will have the highest value and the flipping should stop.

Two prints is normal. One of those is the unenhanceable speed effect, the other is the enhanceable speed effect. If you slot sprint with a speed enhancement you'll see one of those numbers increase.

• Like 2

Ok - Thanks , I don't suppose the flipping could waste server resources or falsely flag someone for something?

Well... I think I've wasted enough of your time Bopper... Thanks for your help. Honestly, IRL, I'm fairly well respected as a highly technical person in a very technical career in a large corporation but here on the forums I'm pretty dense.

Feedback for Infiltration and Stealth... I really like them. Stealth getting a defense boost in combat to equal CJ really puts it out there as a contender. Infiltration buffed by enhancements is quite nice also. This pool is great for my MM that needs to drag her pets in to melee during high level play where she can't afford to risk leaving body guard. Not to mention misdirection helping drop aggro and also buffing the pets' offense. 🙂 Looking forward to this on live.

Edited by VashNKnives
  • Like 1

• City Council

To further assist our development team in filtering feedback, this thread has been locked.

Please click here to provide further feedback on Travel Power Updates for Issue 27: Second Chances, Page 2

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Please contact me on the Homecoming Discord for a faster response! Arcanum#7164

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Arcanum locked and unfeatured this topic