First defender since Live. Dark/Dark

DocRadio

29 minutes ago, Ankhammon said:

Don't do it. The heal on Dark takes 3.5 seconds to animate. Fluffy doesn't move. No one has ever found a use for the intangible power... 

Oh wait, that was when I started playing Dark/Dark. 🙂

Go Doc, go! 

Dude my first go around was as a fire/fire blaster. My most frequent co-player was a dark/dark defender. It was horrible. Darkest night did nothing. The only thing that got blackend was my eyes as all it did was get us wiggety, wiggety, wiggety WASHED. Our only working tactic was him hovering over a mob and dropping the servant on them. It would take the alpha and die in seconds but that gave me just enough time to AoE them to death before they shredded us both. We were  CONSTANTLY neck deep in debt until the devs finally fixed the bugs in the -ToHit debuff. Then we were almost unbeatable. The set just got better from there. I still don't think there's a use for black hole, and howling twilight is kinda meh... but I like what's left a lot. Plus I tested a future build on the test server and it holds up. Now that I look back, that early experience actually soured me on defenders all together. In my mind the only ones worth a damn were force fielders and empaths. I considered the rest garbage. After the fix I saw what DeBuffing could do. My first defender was Rad/Rad. Which lead to Kin/Elec, and several corruptors before the live servers were taken offline. I always wanted to try my own Triple Dark Defender, but never got around to it.

Edited by DocRadio

It's so much better now. You are gonna have a lot of fun with the set as long as you don't wanna be some aoe damage king of the world. 

With dark/dark you could perma lockdown multiple groups of mobs if you want. 

Dark Pit/Howling Twilight/immob power for level 5 stuns for starters. 

Fluffy can lock down a group with his debuffs for a second.

Fearsome stare plus DN for a third.

Blackstar for a 4th. 

the phase power for a 5th. 

(forgot a couple names cuz i'm at work)

Now get some tank to start leading things to your location, deal with their damage and have your team wreak havok. 

For good measure, take the dark epic to give yourself the self rez (mag 30) for that rare occasion you get ambushed. 

Oh, here's a good tip for you when soloing. SS and your aura = invis. so jump over target with fluffy out and he will always tank for you. 

Edited by Ankhammon

• 3 weeks later