Will the new Arcane Bolt be useful in Human Form?

I want to use the new Arcane Bolt. We are constantly clicking our powers in a Tri-Form build. With the 15 seconds floating proc you can time it into a human form single target chain to boost ST dmg a little. 

I haven't tested a  build with it yet on beta. Just finally getting over a hand injury so I'm gonna try to spend less time on mids and more in game soon, I hope.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on adding Arcane Bolt in the future.

Edited by Dahkness

Kill Most ITFs! Defender Tank! dahkness11 - Twitch

• Dahkness changed the title to Will the new Arcane Bolt be useful in Human Form?

Update! With Arcane Bolt, if anyone plans on using it for your PB's when it goes live. Its still in beta so go an test it! Its not good for a Tri-Form Build. It doesn't proc in Nova or Dwarf form. Also if you shapeshift while you have the proc up it'll completely cancel the proc all together. 

I thought it would be a cool floating proc for a tri-form but it seems the mechanic is disabled in Dwarf and Nova form.

*update - I tested it more and it works better for human form build with light shape shifting

Edited by Dahkness

1 minute ago, Dahkness said:

Update! With Arcane Bolt, if anyone plans on using it for your PB's when it goes live. Its still in beta so go an test it! Its not good for a Tri-Form Build. It doesn't proc in Nova or Dwarf form. Also if you shapeshift while you have the proc up it'll completely cancel the proc all together. 

I thought it would be a cool floating proc for a tri-form but it seems the mechanic is disabled in Dwarf and Nova form.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you lose access to pool powers while in shape-shift form? If so, it makes sense that you can't build up a pool power attack as you essentially no longer have it.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Just now, Bopper said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you lose access to pool powers while in shape-shift form? If so, it makes sense that you can't build up a pool power attack as you essentially no longer have it.

You're not wrong. Fold space works in nova and dwarf so I was hoping this mechanic might of made it through as well. Thought it would add a little flair to PB builds and help boost human form dmg a little to really round out a DPS PB build. 

3 minutes ago, Dahkness said:

You're not wrong. Fold space works in nova and dwarf so I was hoping this mechanic might of made it through as well. Thought it would add a little flair to PB builds and help boost human form dmg a little to really round out a DPS PB build. 

Interesting, I wonder if fold space working in other forms is an oversight. Fold Space replaced Long Range Teleport and it wouldn't surprise me if that power had an exception for use in other forms. When redesigning that power, it wouldn't surprise me if an old setting wasn't updated.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

On 4/7/2021 at 1:50 PM, Dahkness said:

I tested it on my shade on beta, cast still feels a little on the long side. The travel time for the projectile doesn't really help that feeling.

Edited by Doomrider
  • Like 1

On 4/11/2021 at 2:49 PM, Doomrider said:

I tested it on my shade on beta, cast still feels a little on the long side. The travel time for the projectile doesn't really help that feeling.

Im hoping it'll fit better with PB's. I feel they're not as busy as shades

Update on my own PB testing with arcane bolt.
@Doomrider  I agree with you 100%! I stopped trying to make it work. 

Edited by Dahkness