Wormhole + Stupefy : Chance for KB, breaks the teleport aspect.

icepir8

Title basically.

When the chance for KB IO procs (which is nearly every time), it nullifies the teleport aspect of wormhole. The result is basically what you would get from using gale, the enemies are just knocked back away from the player.

I can upload a better quality video if needed.

WH Bug.gif

log.png

Edited by icepir8
uploaded combat log just in case

8 hours ago, PainX said:

ah yes stupefy the set i wish was usefull everytime i make a fire control AT nice set bonuses only marred by that horrible KB IO

Yeah I only 6 slotted for the bonus. I was curious what the results would be, not realizing it would cancel the teleport. I also tested it with a "chance for kb" and a "kb to kd" io at the same time. Its the same result. No teleport, and wormhole still does kb even with the "kb to kd" io. I guess the kb proc overrides the kb to kd io.

I made a suggestion post to change Stupefy's proc to... well anything else and I was surprised at the number of players who are proponents of random, not reliable, but random knockback.

It really is a shame, Stupefy would be something I use frequently if not for that proc.  As is I'll sometimes use it in ST stuns, like in Sonic and Arch blast sets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hedgefund said:

I made a suggestion post to change Stupefy's proc to... well anything else and I was surprised at the number of players who are proponents of random, not reliable, but random knockback.

It really is a shame, Stupefy would be something I use frequently if not for that proc.  As is I'll sometimes use it in ST stuns, like in Sonic and Arch blast sets.

I don't know why this would be. Hell just change it to like 0.01 knockback. 

Or rearrange the 4th and 6th Set bonus rewards and I can go on ignoring it. 

just want an alternative so i can get the defense set bonus and not ruin the power as for how that is done here quick fix version give me an empty IO no stats no bonus just part of the set does nothing by it self blam now it will be used and slotted often and a power with 1 set option now has 2

1 minute ago, Solvernia said:

knockback is great you're just using it wrong

dont tell me show me stupefy proc + flashfire show me how it is done right as i recall this games community was all about helping others so go for it man i fully encourage you to teach people

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PainX said:

dont tell me show me stupefy proc + flashfire show me how it is done right as i recall this games community was all about helping others so go for it man i fully encourage you to teach people

actually that was probably worded a little meanly. it's true that stupefy shouldn't break wormhole, maybe the knockback should be applied after the teleport?

but all the hate on the KB proc is probably undeserved aside from the bugs it creates, knockback is one of the most powerful mezzes in the game. confuse/stun/hold are better mechanically, but none of those show up as frequently as kb

Edited by Solvernia

12 minutes ago, Solvernia said:

actually that was probably worded a little meanly. it's true that stupefy shouldn't break wormhole, maybe the knockback should be applied after the teleport?

but all the hate on the KB proc is probably undeserved aside from the bugs it creates, knockback is one of the most powerful mezzes in the game. confuse/stun/hold are better mechanically, but none of those show up as frequently as kb

exactly Stun is a better mez so why am i knocking a stunned enemy or really scattering stunned enemies the true effect inside a targeted aoe like most aoe stuns are this is a stun set we are talking about after all

2 hours ago, PainX said:

exactly Stun is a better mez so why am i knocking a stunned enemy or really scattering stunned enemies the true effect inside a targeted aoe like most aoe stuns are this is a stun set we are talking about after all

actually, a targeted AoE will knock people back based on the position of the caster, not the point of impact.

Your testing shows it being used on really low-level foes, who will be massively knocked back by the KB effect . Using it on severely low-level foes means the effect scales way up and sprays them away from the power. This apparently creates a timing issue where they are out of range of the teleport effect before it goes off.

While the latter may be an actual flaw in the power, I have to ask, what happens if you do this to level-appropriate foes?

Edit: Yeah, the teleport happens after 2.6s but the stun is immediate, and KB proc will land when the stun activates on the foes, so they're out of range before the teleport kicks in.

Edited by UberGuy