Bannable ERP

Raiden Dirty

1 hour ago, TemporalVileTerror said:

@June, I'll assume you're asking these questions with the most earnest and innocent intent.

But . . . please don't.

You're asking about a something which is considered a "grey area" to some, and a "nuke it from orbit area" to others.  

Not to mention that "portraying" non adult characters having sex is actually illegal in some European countries evidently.  

Reminds me of one of my funniest CoH memories. Made a female toon in a skimpy outfit (not for roleplay) and had some bloke chat me up. After I informed him I was actually a man he turned tail and ran away. You had to be there but his silent and swift reaction had me and a mate laughing our arses off. 😆

• Haha 1

• Lead Game Master

*sigh* I knew this was going to come up.

Other than what @Grouchybeast and @TemporalVileTerror said (both excellent posts, btw!), I will make one distinction clear:

This thread is about E-RP. Most "grey area" character concepts may still engage in normal, non-adult role-play, as long as they don't venture into adult themes or come off as intentionally fetishistic on their own. Use your best judgement.

My PERSONAL suggestion (though don't take this as an Official Homecoming work-around, as other GMs or staff may disagree and take action against offending accounts): Treat such characters the way mainstream source material would, IE: skipping over any intimate details in the course of a story or event. This goes double if one actively mentions their "gray-area" age status.

I know this might be a bitter pill to swallow, especially given how full speculative fiction and fantasy are with these types of characters and tropes, and how they usually interact with adult themes. And not many people are fans of Zero-Tolerance policies in real life. But in the case of Homecoming's rules on what is and isn't allowed in regards to ERP, allowing exceptions beyond "consenting legal adults" just leads down a rabbit hole, both morally and legally, that we do NOT want to deal with.

That said, I don't see this thread trending anywhere but downhill from here. I want to thank everyone for being mostly civil and mature throughout this discussion. Take care, have fun, and be safe!

Edited by GM Impervium
a word; spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 7

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!