Move some of the PvP mini games to RV - Buff/Debuff

Troo

4 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Maybe “disingenuous”

Thank you. That feels right.

Regardless, PM'd Troo to try to ease things down. (Honestly, I usually think he's all right.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Troo, you do PVE content in PVP zones by yourself.

A bit off topic but... there's pve stuff to do in the pvp zones?  🤔

Also, rush to 50 IS the current meta- at least on Everlasting.  Do a search at any time and 3/4ths or more of the characters are lvl 50.  Teams typically hand the star to the highest level toon in the team, which is very often a lvl 50.  That's neither bad nor good, in itself, just a statement of fact (although I do admit I'm looking to enjoy mid-level play, personally).

As a side note, as someone who tries to write AE stories and so on, and bemoans the lack of maps - yes, it LOOKS like there's a lot, there aren't, and many are nigh useless - I had this reply from Faultline regarding maps for the AE:

"This is not difficult but it is very time consuming. Every enemy spawn, hostage and collection location has to be placed by hand. Older maps had generic spawns that translated easily to AE, newer maps are heavily scripted and don't have generic mission spawns. Slices of the city zones obviously have no mission spawns. It takes several hours to place and test the spawn points for a single map, and that's why you don't see a lot of them added to the AE. For the Arena you only need to drop a few player spawn points and call it a day, that's why eight maps could be added in a week."

Bold text is my emphasis.  So much as it benefited PVPers, it was fast and easy to do this, rather than, as far as I can see, must give PVPers new maps for the Arena. Take it as you will.

Frankly, my fellow CO* peeps, if you want people to go to SC/WB or BB, then they either need to be doubled as a PVE zone with new content attached, or simply become a PVE zone with new content attached. Not enough people care (and as mentioned above, some are just hostile to it) and HC needs to leverage the assets it has, and BB and WB are great zones.

Personally, if I had to pick one of those options, I'd go for the first, because I don't want to see PVP cut off at the knees.  You can disagree and shout at me now 🙂  I won't take offence.

Edited by Darmian

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

My take on things is to encourage players to be something -other- than level 50, and then maybe we'd be seeing more interest in the sub-50 PvP zones.

But THAT topic is a very, very, VERY messy thing to get in to . . . this probably isn't the thread for it.

As it stands:  All the PvP zones could stand to be a bit more interesting, as far as I'm concerned.  Arena PvP doesn't interest me, and I really don't think Zone PvP should play the same way as Arena PvP.  Sadly, as we saw with the changes back on Page 1 of Issue 27, it seems the Devs do not concur with my point of view.

Well, it's holistic isn't it?  Everything is connected.  Back in thedawnatime, before Incarnates, PVErs would brace themselves and head in to Warburg to get those nukes, because you damn well needed them for some things.*  Now?  Meh.  I mentioned elsewhere recently that I dropped one in the end battle of an ITF and frankly it wasn't even noticed in the flurry of Ion Judgements et al.  Now, I'm not saying just make the nukes MOAR POWAHFUL, because that's a band aid fix, and doesn't help in the long run, just that things domino out.

Anyhoo.  And yeah, I can get a Shivan from BB, or I can just buy a Signature Summons and not bother.  Similar effect.

* I remember a few PVErs that got in PVP that way, survived and then thought, "Yah, I can do that, that's fun!"

Edited by Darmian
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )