Which would you choose?

Greetings y'all. Recently I had the pleasure of participating in a discussion about the Infinity War, Thanos, and the Infinity Gems themselves. And so I asked this question...

If you could choose ONE Infinity Gem/Stone to possess, which would it be?

And let me tell you, this got the discussion going big time lol. So I pose this question to all you fine CoH folks who love this game, and comic lore, and Marvel movies so much. Which one would you choose, and more importantly... why?

The best answers will get that Gem/Stone from Thanos himself... yeah right! lol 🙂

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

Tough call between Time Stone and Reality Stone, but I think I'd choose the Time Stone.  Why?  Because if someone tried to collect all stones, it would be the one stone that could avoid them, literally forever.  Remember, it was surrendered not conquered.   In fact, I'm kind of surprised it wasn't taken into the distant past and a warning given to generations of the sorcerors, split time lines or not.  For all the other reasons for the Time Stone, just listen to "Time in a Bottle".  Well, I would add that it would quickly make you richer than Croesus:  buying stocks, lottery tickets, land purchases, etc.  all on the basis of what you learn in the future, then buying them dirt cheap in the past, while also banking pennies with good interest 100 years ago for maximum yield today.

I suggest the Reality Stone because if you're smart in its use, it's game over.  Just immediately change reality where all Infinity Stones are unguarded and adjacent to you.  You'll still need a sacrifice for the Soul Stone.  The Reality Stone would also essentially make you immortal, changing reality to give you perfect health and immune from accidental damage.

The big problem here is that Marvel hasn't clearly defined the laws of interaction between the stones.  I would assume that one stone cannot overwrite the authority of another stone.  If it could, why are there 6 stones and not just 1?  So, if that assumption is true, a Time Stone that travels away in time from the other stones cannot be forced back into their proximity by the Reality Stone, or else the Reality Stone is actually also a superior Time Stone.  Likewise, if you don't want to sacrifice a loved one, you cannot just override the Soul Stone using the Reality Stone to alter the rule, nor should you be able to restore that one to life using the Time Stone after claiming the Soul Stone.  It would only be the control of multiple stones, and the interactive cooperation between them that might make a difference, and then only if you have the stone that is attuned to the authority.

Now I need to go look at something else.  My head hurts thinking about it.