Soldiers of Arachnos! A series of replacement arcs designed for VEATs, by Gibs! (Arc details inside!)

GastlyGibus

So, I made a thread about this already, but it was a little while ago, and rather than going back and editing the original thread and necro-posting, I've decided to make one single, uniform thread for all entries into this little project of mine. So without further ado, here we go!

*ahem*

So, one of the common complaints heard about the Villain Epic Archetypes, the Soldiers of Arachnos, is that their special story arcs kind of suck. And honestly, I agree with them. It is pretty sub-standard writing, and a really boring, forced way to try and explain why everyone is calling you a "Destined One."

With that in mind, I had an idea, and I'm sure others have had it before. Why not use the Mission Architect to create a new, better story for Arachnos Soldiers to play? So that's what I'm doing. There are two arcs so far, and I plan to add more as I go along. I am always open to having feedback, and if you've got some ideas of your own, I'd love to hear them!

The story so far...

[Arc ID: 31187] Soldiers of Arachnos - Part One: The Arachnos Insider.

After being sent on a suicide mission and left for dead, Alan Desslock has been looking for an agent to be his inside operative, and you're just the candidate.

Designed for Arachnos Soldiers, level range of 1-10. No special bosses, one custom ally, four missions total.

[Arc ID: 39268] Soldiers of Arachnos - Part Two: Manifest Destiny.

After your mission rooting out an Arachnos mole, Desslock is calling in the favor you owe him, and the implications might be more grave than you thought.

Level range 10-15. One boss and one elite boss with custom powers, scaled appropriately for the level range. Four missions total.

More to come soon! Stay tuned!

As stated before, any and all feedback is welcome and appreciated. I will be editing this thread in the future for any further additions based on feedback and critiques. I'd love to know what you guys think! 

Here are the known issues with the arcs that I've found. These are problems that I've found in testing that I do not know how to fix. If anybody has any advice or solutions, please let me know! This section is here so players know that I'm aware of them. It will be updated as well if any new unintended issues arise. 

KNOWN ISSUES: 

1. Part two, mission 3: ally to rescue starts in the "held hostage" animation, despite not actually being a hostage. 
  2. Part one, mission 1: Ally sometimes spawns in the middle of mobs, doing nothing until the player finds them. Associated clue for finding them is given at mission start before finding them. 
  3. Part two, mission 2: hostage and captors fire all dialogue at the beginning of the mission, despite being on the second floor. 
  4. Part two, mission 4: the unique "snake infested Arachnos" base set fails to load the snake-skin props normally found in the map until the final room, causing it to look like a regular Arachnos set.
  5. Part two, mission 3: allied hero fights the PPD despite being a hero. 

Edited by GastlyGibus
Added known issues tab
  • Like 3

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.