Your most fun MM

Xandyr

Just as the title says...

What combo do you have the most fun with, and why?

For me, it's probably my Mercs/Storm. 

Now, I know...I know. Mercs suck tho! Well....yeah, their damage is below par. But, I've got Achilles' Heel:chance for resistance debuff, and a couple other procs thrown in there. That REALLY helps.

And Storm....storm is just...fun. I feel like I do best on a team while fighting AVs. Storm seems to put out pretty good damage.

Overall,  it's not my BEST MM,  but definitely the most fun.

What's yours?

Oooo, this is a tough question because I'm an altoholic and MM's are one of my favorite alts! And most of them are still babies, so my perspective is a bit skewed for now. 

Mercs/Storm is a combo I want to get around to, especially since they'll be getting a minor buff with this next patch.

Let's see... my Bots/Nature MM ended up being surprise amounts of fun and effective. My Ninja/Cold is looking to be pretty fun so far. And my Demons/Storm is always fun--just picked up the Fire epic on her so it's even more like bringing about the apocalypse.

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Demon/storm.........so much chaos and carnage. My first 50 on Homecoming who stood the test of time between live to now. Demons running amok with tornado and lightning storm destroying everything else... .........so much fun

Edited by DocMidknight
  • Like 1

For me, its my Robots/Electric. Standalone she's my main character, and can do any content I have yet to try with her from AEs, to PI missions, story arcs, Incarnate content and trials. She brings a ton to the table for any group she joins be it status protection, +absorb, healing, endless endurance, damage buffs and debuffs. And she has enough damage to solo on the hardest difficulty setting as well, which is a big plus for me.

But my favorite thing though, is 2 boxing her with my robo/time MM, and taking them on a mission together. The overlapping assualt bot patches x2, plus bonfire, plus the time's zone of slowing and web grenade, its just a giant ball of flaming death. My two MM's together can clear AE maps faster than my two brutes can too. Not because of individual damage output, but of how MMs can more or less bypass the aggro/target cap table. Two brutes fight 2 spawns of 8 mobs each? Well, my two MMs engage 6-8 groups of 8 mobs each. And not only do they kill them all faster than the 2 brutes do, I hardly loose any pets in the process. So it's an overall win/win!

My long time go-to is Bots/Traps. It's certainly a capable combo, but if I'm honest it's only slightly less boring than Bots/FF most of the time. When it's time to really play I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to keep the bots in check, heal, and drop various traps everywhere while ever spamming web-nades. I find those moments fun.

I would totally agree that Merc/Storm is crazy fun. To be fair, anything with Storm is usually fun, though.

From my current roster, Demons/Storm's the fav. It's chaos but controlled chaos.

I have yet to finsh Necro/Dark, /Thermal. Mercs/Nature. Ninjas/Time. And start Bots/?, and Thugs/?  Open to suggestions 😁

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

MMs are my jam.  I don't know the answer right now so I'll type through my though process:

All of these listed are fully T4d except the WIPs.  These are listed in the order on my spreadsheet.

Beast/Sonic - tough (the pets + MM) but not notably fun.  Not near the top for overall effectiveness either.

Demon/Storm - this came to mind first when I saw this topic.  Loads o' fun, very effective but a small notch below other's performance.

Merc/Elec - Um... elec is a pretty good secondary.  Good enough to actually give Mercs a fighting chance.  Let's move on.

Necro/Rad - This was probably the most surprisingly effective MM I've made on HC.  Not going to call it out as more fun than others though.

Ninja/FF - Moving on.  Well, I'll mention that FF does well at keeping Ninjas alive then move on.

Robot/TA - awww yeah, strong competitor for most fun.

Thugs/Emp - No, just no.  This is the opposite of fun.  A fine performer actually, at least solo, but you have to be completely mindful of refreshing buffs, notably Fortitude.

Beast/Kin - Mucho fun, mucho strong.

Thugs/Time - Crazy powerful.  Fun but as I go through this list not at the top of the "fun list".

Demon/Cold - Not the most fun, but I do rank this as most powerful out of my inventory.

Bots/Traps - Thugs/Traps - I'm lumping these together just because.  High performers, not compellingly fun.

Current WIP:

Thugs/Dark - pretty darn fun, pretty darn strong.  This one's 50 and working through the incarnates.  

So after all that I'm going to go with my first instinct - Demons/Storm for most fun, with Beast/Kin not far behind.

• Like 2

Most fun for me?   Beast/Empath.

Note that I say "Most Fun". I do NOT say "most effective."

but concept wise, my Beast/Empath is a Crazy Pet Lady who treats her spirit animal guardians like housepets, and is all "AAAAAAAH YOU SHOT DAISY!" when mobs shoot at the T1 wolves. They're all named like normal housepets.  I took Boxing and Kick and Crosspunch to get right in there and melee alongside the pets (also helping keep them in range of pet aura IO's and Supremacy, and making it each to catch them all in healing aura, and because the Fighting pool attacks are DIRT CHEAP compared to most MM attacks.

I made the character 100% as a joke idea, but it proved to be very fun and the character grew on me. 

• Like 3

Ninja/Storm.  It's is Chaos Incarnate!  Slot Gale, and Tornado with KB to KD (add a Acc and Range to Gale to hit more) and Genin with OF - KB KB to KD and watch everything fly.  So much fun.

Demon/EA - Well pretty much anything EA but Demons just won't die.

Thugs/Traps/Mace - Because it's ALL OUR TURF!!!   (yes that is a Warriors reference).  You have all the tools you need to own whatever ground you are standing on.

Thugs/TA/Fire - Because why have one Fire when you can have ALL THE FIRE!  Seriously between your Arsonist, Oil Slick Arrow and Bonfire everything is in flames.

Ninja/Kin - When your already fast Ninjas get addicted to the Crack known as Speed Boost they are near The Flash levels of speed.  Survivability is a bit dodgy but things usually die fast after a boost of FS.

Those are my top 5 fun MM's.  They may not all be Top Tier Pylon killers, but you asked for fun.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nemeroff said:

From my current roster, Demons/Storm's the fav. It's chaos but controlled chaos.

I have yet to finsh Necro/Dark, /Thermal. Mercs/Nature. Ninjas/Time. And start Bots/?, and Thugs/?  Open to suggestions 😁

Necro/dark is powerful.  So much -to hit! And Fearsome Stare is awesome. 

• Like 1

A couple others have mentioned Demons/Storm.  I gotta give props to that one, too.  The theme feels very cool and sorcerer supreme-y, and the fact that it plays like a friggin' tidal wave only makes it more fun.

The other that gives me a really good time, if in kind of the opposite direction, is my Thugs/Traps.  It's absolutely glorious tankermind-ing, walking into a mob, giggling gleefully as their attacks deflect off my forcefield, and then having them realize a minute too late that there's a bunch of guys with guns right behind me...

• Like 1

My Necro/Dark is fun, have a Necro/Storm which is stupid fun chaos, also my Ninja/Storm that's a blast.

My Demon/Cold is tanky asf and a GM killer but not really fun. 

Necro/EA another tanky build AND fun.

Thugs/Sonic...still trying to figure out if I like it.

Still want to seriously try Beast just can't decide on a secondary. 

Overall /Storm makes anything chaotic and fun.

• Like 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Fun and useful:

Thug/trap (all levels) > Thug/Sonic (all levels) > bot/trap (post 32/exemp27+)

Thugs get AoE early, feels nice leveling, and traps is mostly about acid mortar and attacking, sonic reso is just setting the bruiser as an anchor and siphoning bosses

Fun and thematic:

Ninja/Dark > Demon/Thermal > Beast/Cold

Ninja/Dark is just classic, team teleport around a dark servant and its just auto-mode.  Demon/Thermal is rather tough with high resists and heals with a Forged Prince and Gargs.  Beast/Cold is just right.  Innate Beast def+ice shields+mist frankenslotted 3 ribo/2def/1lotg+maneuvers+IO auras

Just fun:

Merc/ff.  More Dakka.  Thats it.  shields/auras/maneuvers pushes them to the 40% def all range.  and in the 50% range with Mace Mastery>Power Boost.

• Like 1

It's a toss up between Necro/Storm and Necro/FF.  The both play the same way - knock mobs down and let the zombies feed - which never grows old. My Thugs/Cold is  probably stronger and Bots/Rad was surprisingly smooth. Traps was a great secondary solo but I've not played my Merc/Trap in a long time. Probably time to try a new */Traps MM.

• Like 1

I'll have to say my Bots/traps is my most fun MM. I play Traps as a very aggressive in your face kinda way, which makes things very fun as I'm constantly doing something, and the bots are sturdy enough to handle their own. I've been releveling it up H side, and I really love how the power progression is working out. Every new power adds another layer to the play style, so things work out really really nicely.

• Like 1

My most fun two have been:

Robots/EA. EA is so busy that there's always something to hit, even without taking any of the Robots attacks.

Beasts/Kin. Kin is also busy, and the Beasts attacks are also good, so it's nonstop summoning of lots and lots of animals.

Both are highly effective, with Bots/EA being very strong defensively, and Beasts/Kin offensively. Both benefit from good Endurance recovery powers.

• Thanks 1

I'm not really a MM player, it's been the one aspect of the game I wouldn't consider myself an expert. That said I am competent at playing an MM as I understand petcom, binding, and overall how to manage them even on multiple tasks. I guess they just aren't my cup of tea, but that said of the MM's I've played I do enjoy between my incarnate demons/elec affinity and then my robots/empathy as my 1 and 2 respectively.

I do want to try a thugs/kin with burnout but I haven't gotten around to it as of yet.

My main on live (Hook and Shot) was a Thugs/PainDom and I loved him dearly. After an abortive attempt or two to remake him on HC, I finally settled on Thugs with Electric Affinity for the 'remaster' of my dear precious boy.

He's a lot more fun to play now: PD was a cool concept and this was right after CoV launched, so it was fresh stuff. But just like its brother Empathy, it has fallen off in comparison to most other support sets over time... and importantly, several of PD's biggest powers don't do squat to pets.

While I don't have him capped out yet (I've got a heavy plate of alts and I play him exclusively with a friend, and we only level those two toons unboosted through redside story content) I have a lot of Electric Affinity experience from my Elec/Elec controller, Teacup Triscuit.  She's a treat and I can't wait until H+S is dishing out those sicknasty chains himself. :V

My favourite is Demons/Dark. I think choosing that as my first character when I started here really helped me stick with the game - Dark is a blast to play from level 1. It also feels like you have real impact on what's happening, and the skills you use and decisions you make matter in the outcome of the fight - landing fearsome stare on everything in the opener, always keeping in range of all pets for twilight grasp, clutch howling twilights to rez allies and disable rough spawns, basically every Dark skill you cast feels good to use. The animations of Lash and Crack Whip feel like they have real impact, like you're really hurting your opponents. The demons are also very varied and each has a different role to play, so there's always more to pay attention to and micro if you want, but they're also good enough at doing things on their own so it's not required.

The whole set also feels like a coherent roleplay choice. I also often pick Sorcery with it, to add to the fantasy, although I don't think that's the best choice from a powergaming POV(even with the recent buffs). It also helps that there's some really cool looking "evil sorcerer" robes, and the badass "broken wings" that you can put on your character to make you really look like a demonic sorcerer from hell commanding his underlings. It just feels cool.

Edited by BGSacho
  • Thanks 1

My main is a Mercs/Emp. He's basically a Victorian-era rich guy who likes to fight crime because it means he can legally hunt people ("The Most Dangerous Game"). Empathy made the most sense to me thematically because he's basically paying people to keep fighting for him. He works okay as part of a team and is mainly support/extra dps. I don't think he's got all that great of a build mechanically speaking, but I'm having fun with it. I might have him pick up sorcery because mysticism was a big thing in Victorian times.

I'm also now trying out a Zombie/Sonic character that's supposed to be a banshee. I'll see how it goes.

• Like 1