Include leveling status in Character Select

I just know this is in an existing suggestion, but a search didn't turn it up.

It'd be really nice if the leveling status (number of bubbles) showed in the Character Select window, as, say, "Level 32.6".

Sometimes I want to run an alt that's close to leveling, or isn't, or whatever, and having to load the character to find out/remember is a pain.

An "if it's reasonably easy" request.

• Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Also, as a similar 'nice to have' bit of information, a display of combat/security levels if the character is not fully trained -- i.e., "38/40" for a character who is level 40, but only trained to 38 -- so you can see who you need to train to bring up to full status.

• Like 1

Can't argue the idea; if actual level can't be shown, a simple flag that the character has one or more trainings pending should be within reach.

I am a bit puzzled, though... how many players routinely leave alts with trainings pending?

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

3 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

how many players routinely leave alts with trainings pending?

Ding during the first of the mid-day MSRs, then swap to another character for the second. It's faster to hit the shield with the first character to log them out in Point du Hoc and swap than take them back to the Vanguard base and train first. If you get distracted, the character left at Point du Hoc might sit there for a day or more before you get back to them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

I am a bit puzzled, though... how many players routinely leave alts with trainings pending?

I can't speak for others, but I do fairly frequently, especially if I'm in a hurry to swap between alts or need to swiftly leave my computer.

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

6 hours ago, Andreah said:

As long as we're brainstorming, I'd like to see counts of sold and bought auction items.

Or perhaps the title of the top mission from the mission tab, if any.

All good, but this is getting into a complete character info screen with (more or less) realtime info. Which would be wonderful, but might take a little more code-slinging than the simpler request of a "dot-whatever" leveling status.

But yeah, it'd be nice to have all the info that's available for a logged-in toon, right from the select page...

(And on leveled-but-not-trained... okay. Sheesh, I don't think I've EVER left a toon untrained except for the first four levels, when I hadn't figured out you were supposed to do that. Long long long ago... 🙂 )

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Like 1

I'd go with a Psionic / Traps Corruptor for Feature Creep.  Oftentimes it sounds like a good idea, but it's so easy to get carried away and code yourself into a corner.

As for new login screen info - I would also love to see a display for how many bars of patrol xp / debt have accumulated.