Armour T9s

On 4/15/2021 at 2:11 AM, Captain Citadel said:

Can I ask how you achieved such complete and total def/res cap uptime? I've never been able to achieve anything close to this on my Invuln/SS.

It's an Inv/MA with one enemy in range of invincibility, double-stacking the tanker res ATO (I have it 2x 100% of the time), whilst also using the P2W +res/+def amplifier.

So no accolades/destiny/barrier/saturated invince/insps/other stuff people in this thread are suggesting. ^^

It does use Alpha, though. (Cardiac.)

Edited by America's Angel

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

I have no trouble believing you can achieve stats like the ones that you posted.  Highly skilled character builders (you clearly are one such) can get astounding results in this game, making their characters essentially unkillable (practically speaking) in anything other than 801. missions or PvP.

But, as I don't PvP, I've never seen the point of creating a character that would render the PvE aspects of the game a cakewalk on +4/8.  Frankly, I often find the game dull when playing on +4/8 with far weaker characters.  Certainly, this is true during any team play other than 801. (which, while fun and challenging, is not exactly the sort of stuff that will keep an avid RP'er interested).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, America's Angel said:

It's an Inv/MA with one enemy in range of invincibility, double-stacking the tanker res ATO (I have it 2x 100% of the time), whilst also using the P2W +res/+def amplifier.

So no accolades/destiny/barrier/saturated invince/insps/other stuff the conspiracy theorists in this thread are suggesting. ^^

I still don’t understand the psionic resistance... 5 6% procs + Aegis + 2 ATO procs + amplifier = still not even in the ballpark of 90% that you’d need to cap with a few more bonuses... did Invuln get psi res in some change? Maybe if you do ALL of that and then some glad armor bonuses and then rune of protection but... that leaves like no room for a half decent PvE offense.

EDIT: forgot Shield Wall and Reactive Defenses in that calc. Well at least I’m getting close without RoP now, which is good because I can’t imagine you taking RoP on an Invuln tanker.

Edited by arcane
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, America's Angel said:

Elude's -recovery is especially problematic because, unlike Energy Aura or Ninjitsu, Super Reflexes has no +end power.

Stalker Ninjitsu doesn't get one, either. Nor does Invulnerability.

But I will agree that some sets have it easier than others: correctly timing Energy Drain or Power Sink can prevent a toggle drop if you use just as the crash occurs (so the cost is paid while you still have end, and the endurance gain happens after the crash due to the delay in when the power affects you), and Energize's global endurance discount really helps until the -recovery goes away. For Power Surge, you're going to want Energize right afterwards due to the hp crash anyway.

If @Troo wants to debate the Fly changes then it can happen over PM, but it doesn't belong here. Suffice it to say that I disgree with the assertion that any use cases were lost.

5 hours ago, America's Angel said:

So no accolades/destiny/barrier/saturated invince/insps/other stuff the conspiracy theorists in this thread are suggesting. ^^

Would you mind posting a build file? If not here, maybe on the Tanker board?

On 4/15/2021 at 6:18 PM, siolfir said:

Stalker Ninjitsu doesn't get one, either. Nor does Invulnerability.

But I will agree that some sets have it easier than others: correctly timing Energy Drain or Power Sink can prevent a toggle drop if you use just as the crash occurs (so the cost is paid while you still have end, and the endurance gain happens after the crash due to the delay in when the power affects you), and Energize's global endurance discount really helps until the -recovery goes away. For Power Surge, you're going to want Energize right afterwards due to the hp crash anyway.

If @Troo wants to debate the Fly changes then it can happen over PM, but it doesn't belong here. Suffice it to say that I disgree with the assertion that any use cases were lost.

Well Unstoppable doesn't have the -recovery crash so it's not so bad. I didn't know that about stalker ninjitsu though, lol.

And yeah, would be nice if the flashing icon prior to the crash had a 10s countdown or something.

Edited by America's Angel

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

40 minutes ago, siolfir said:

I don't desire to debate changes that are done. I merely stated some facts. You wanna argue with those facts that's your quixotism.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

31 minutes ago, America's Angel said:

I didn't know that about stalker ninjitsu though, lol.

Yeah, when it was ported from Stalkers they added in +movement, KB protection, an endurance heal, and for Scrappers a lesser copy of Hide attached to a weaker form of the Stalker Assassination inherent - which is still stronger than the one that was provided to Widows and Banes.

Because apparently an AoE placate-that's-not-really-Placate and Caltrops are too OP and the other ATs needed all of that to cope with having to use APPs and a temp power instead.