How do you play /traps? (Any AT)

Arbegla

I have only played (since Live) Traps on a Robots/Traps MM.

• I skip the last 3 powers of the secondary. I like Seeker Drones, but for my build they simply weren't contributing to the speed of defeating enemies and they weren't doing much as far as "absorbing alpha strikes"

Because Robots has such an AoE focus, I try to leverage the other powers

• to keep enemies in AoE patches (Caltrops, Poison Trap,  I despise Web Grenade) ... I also try to leverage Knockdown in MM attacks.
  • to debuff enemies (Caltrops, Acid Mortar, Poison Trap) to make the henchmen more effective in hitting/hurting

My build does include %procs in the secondary powers, but far fewer than some folks might think based on available options. It's not fair to describe this approach as a personal bias against pseudo-pets, its more that there are useful set bonuses (for MMs) to be had (MaxEnd, Endurance Discount, Recharge, Accuracy) to get through slotting sets.

FFG uses a couple of LotG and a standard Defense IO.

Triage Beacon is not a power I used while leveling up, but with slots available in a level 50 respec it can hold very useful sets/pieces. I find the Beacon helps with the Henchmen, as long as I draw enemies to the 'Bots. This works fine for GMs and Farms. Fast moving teams may not get much utility from the Beacon.