Gorilla costume?

Fatalplus

Back on live, there was someone who shared pics of his Ape character and it looked amazing. I wish I still had an image. I don't have access to the game right now and can't remember the costume part names, but he used the alien face (with the big dark eyes) and sideburns for the head and the big, fat robotic gloves for the hands to help emphasize the larger upper body (he was an armoured ape).

I tried recreating the look at one point but couldn't quite get it to look right.

Edited by Arnabas

I have a "simian", in addition to playing with the sliders for head dimensions, the face uses the Alien face, with colors adjusted (on a pattern overlay) to match the rest of the (huge) furry body. I wasn't completely sold on the eyes or hair, so:

• He got a hat
  • I added an aura for the eyes

Changing the default stance and using Beast Run helps with the illusion, IMO.

• Like 1

I don't remember all the options I chose to get this specific look, but the key takeaway is that the primary features are made using the "Alien" face and messing with the sliders in order to get a more appropriate distribution for ape-like bone structure. After that you pick a "full mask" head cover to simulate body/face hair, a hairstyle that fits what you're going for (mine is a puffy, swept back look), and an ear that works well enough (the ears will likely be the real sticking point).

You can also use headbands/face options to hide sections you don't think sell the illusion well enough, and up close the design can fail to scrutiny anyway, but from more typical camera ranges during play it works pretty well.

Untitled.png

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

@Fatalplus You might have more luck asking in the

art&multimedia section, specifically this thread. 07K1tHnz_o.png

On 4/16/2021 at 4:28 PM, ForeverLaxx said:

I don't remember all the options I chose to get this specific look

Oh I can help with that @ForeverLaxx. zb7XgP0P_o.png

You used the following: Female body type, Hair = Shimmer, Ears = Vampire,

Face = Alien, Mask = Logan, Detail 1 = Tiara 6, Detail 2 = Gunslinger 02 (the collar),

Upper Body: Chest = Monstrous Fur and I can't see enough of the shoulder pieces or cape.

Why no, I would say I spend exactly the right amount of time in the Costume Creator. 07K1tHnz_o.png

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

18 hours ago, Voltmaster said:

Grinding Sucks,

That cyborg ape looks great. Can you post a link to the costume file so I can steal it, I mean, customize it for my own use?

Looks like head is hat with cyclops detail 1 and alien face. Then werewolf top Black, tech gloves, chest piece clockwork or cyborg. Bottoms are kilt with cyborg boots.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

I spent a couple hours last night and was able to recreate it really really close. I’m at work for a few more hours. Will post the build tonight when I get home for everyone. I made an inv savage tanker named Furrocity. 

Edited by KauaiJim

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

46 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Looks like head is hat with cyclops detail 1 and alien face. Then werewolf top Black, tech gloves, chest piece clockwork or cyborg. Bottoms are kilt with cyborg boots.

Seems to also have the Logan/Wolverine facial hair, and it is indeed the Cyborg chest detail. The costume also seems to have some sort of rugged/stitched leather design for the pants. I can see the large stitches between the sections, but it can be hard to notice because the whole thing is just colored black with no contrast anywhere.

Edited by ForeverLaxx

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

The model kinda exists, we just need the parts in the CC.  If you visit Studio 55 in Imperial City and go upstairs you'll see an NPC called Prime8.  

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Here - I just did this visually last night.  Got it pretty close I think.  Here ya go:

Cyborg Gorilla.costume

screenshot_210419-23-38-35.jpg.7573cede87c2145c7356af3f97c87912.jpg

Be sure to get the Beast Run for the stance.  Have fun!  😁

Edited to add that ForeverLaxx is correct, the pants are actually the 'rough leather' which has stitching.  I prefer the 'animal fur' personally though.

Edited by KauaiJim
Sorry about the first file being messed up...

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

Repeat Offenders had a Planet of the Apes homage SG back in the day (2008 or so).  Ceejer came up with how to get a decent gorilla.  Here's his specs at the time:

The Ape Creation Guide

Body Type: Huge

Body Scales: MAX height, chest and shoulder, MIN all others.

Colors (costume and skin) to black (color #1), turn off map colors to costume

Head: Half Helm

Helm
: Cone

Detail 2
: Mandible , change color to a middle range grey (3 over from black)

Helmet Detail 2
: Down Scoops

Upper Body: Tights

Chest
: Monstrous Fur. change color to charcoal grey (1 over from black, some go 2 over.....)

Gloves
: Large Robotic, Tech

Belt
: None

Lower Body: Tights

Legs
: Tights,
optional:color pattern-brief, and choose your color X! (black, X)

Boots
: Large, Tights

Back Detail: None

Scales

Basic Scales
: Change the left most and right most columns all the way to max.

DDA Ceej.jpg

• Like 4

Back in 2019 I was reminded of the common name of the first two Praetorian TFs when players do them back to back, didn't take long before my newest alt was born! He's a Gravity/Time Controller who was once just a normal Ape, wandering in the jungles searching for bananas until curiosity led him into a strange cave, where he found Oranbega... Unable to find his way out he stumbled upon a strange set of magical items, a Cloak, Belt, and Boots, which he put on. Donning these items changed his life, he met a ghost who led him to a magical tome(and then taught him to read), and soon regular Ape became ApeMage!

screenshot_210421-17-48-40.jpg

screenshot_210421-17-49-08.jpg

Edited by Mopery

What, me worry?

I did some final 'tweaking' to my Furrocity costume (colors and body size) and think it looks pretty good.  I'll attach the costume file if you want to tweak it for your own.

Also, I think the stance in the pic of the original cyborg gorilla is from doing the Tarzan emote.  Very cool emote on a toon like this.  I want to say thanks to all for this thread - I now have yet another fun character that is a blast to play!  (inv/sav tanker).  I have a werewolf (named Full Moon) in CO but never thought of an 'animal' concept toon for CoX.  So, thank you!  😁

Furrocity.costume

Furrocity.thumb.png.e5dc617b85902b6a841f93372e56449f.png

• Like 2

Well since I love this toon so much and I brought up my werewolf from Champions Online I decided to create a were character to go along with my gorilla.  The name 'Full Moon' was taken along with pretty much every good name I thought of including 'Lunartic'.  You all impress me with the name creativity.  I ended up with a sav/inv brute named 'Indemnity Claws'.

...  and I'm loving it too.  But this made me wonder about other cool looking werewolf costumes / builds.  Not to derail this thread (sorry OP) but does anyone have any pictures of cool werewolves (or other animal/beast type toons)?  Is there already a thread for this I missed?  Here's Indemnity Claws:

Indemnity Claws.costume

261089591_IndemnityClaws.png.32888a17cb71ac83b8c4b71a155d1a5e.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later