EM Performance

hakurr

so after the fix to Energy Melee how is it performing in the scrapper world? is it as high of a single target damage as it appears in mids or is it just good. from what i am seeing in mids it looks like EM is now the top single target damage dealer. is the built in heal beneficial at all? is it still hard to hit or has it improved? just checking to see if anyone has some first hand experience with it was thinking about running an EM/Bio just seeing if it is worth my time. 

Well my EM stalker obliterates single targets.  You're substituting just the AS for a bit more AoE so I'm sure EM is just fine all around on scrappers.  EM/Bio would probably have people asking where that AV went.  The heal I'm sure is kicking in but I'm too busy watching for ET to recharge to care to notice the heal.  

I'm enjoying my EM/Rad/Fire which I put together to try to offset EM's single-targe with AOE from Rad (slotting Ground Zero and also Rad Therapy for damage) and for getting the crit on Fireball.  I'm using Meltdown with high uptime for the +45% dmg buff which is highest on scrappers.  Tore through a bunch of speed TFs last night (TinPex, ITF, Dr. Kahn) and it really felt like I was making a difference.   It may not be the most damage vs. Bio Armor or the best EM on melee (maybe Stalker) but it's a fun combo and surely worth a shot if you have never tried Rad.  The Scrapper +crit in TF seems to go off a lot, and I usually follow it up with Fireball or BS / Firebast for the crits vs ET which doesn't seem to get as much benefit from the crit (I think it's crit damage is capped?).

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Radiant Soul: Level 50 Mutation Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Energy Melee
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Armor
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Blaze Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Energy Punch -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(7)
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(7), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(9), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(9), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Ags-Psi/Status(11)
Level 2: Bone Smasher -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), Mk'Bit-Dam%(15), TchofDth-Dam%(17)
Level 4: Proton Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(17), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19), ImpArm-ResPsi(21)
Level 6: Super Speed -- WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx(A), WntGif-ResSlow(21)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 10: Fallout Shelter -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(23), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25), ImpArm-ResPsi(27)
Level 12: Gamma Boost -- PrfShf-End%(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(27)
Level 14: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 16: Radiation Therapy -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(29), ScrDrv-Dam%(29), TchoftheN-%Dam(31), Obl-%Dam(31), Erd-%Dam(31)
Level 18: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(33), Rct-ResDam%(33)
Level 20: Beta Decay -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(33), ImpArm-ResPsi(34), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(34)
Level 26: Total Focus -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(36), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(37)
Level 28: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(37), Prv-Absorb%(37)
Level 30: Weave -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), ShlWal-Def(39), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(39)
Level 32: Energy Transfer -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Hct-Dam%(40), GldStr-%Dam(42), TchofDth-Dam%(42)
Level 35: Ground Zero -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Arm-Dam%(43), TchofLadG-%Dam(43), Obl-%Dam(43), Erd-%Dam(45)
Level 38: Meltdown -- UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45), UnbGrd-Max HP%(46)
Level 41: Ring of Fire -- HO:Endo(A)
Level 44: Fire Blast -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(46), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Apc-Acc/Rchg(48), Apc-Dam%(48)
Level 47: Fire Ball -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(50), Ann-ResDeb%(50)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Energy Focus 
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Pyronic Total Core Judgement 
Level 50: Diamagnetic Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Rikti Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
------------

• Like 1

EM/Bio is an absolute beast. Personally I'd rank it as #1 scrapper ST DPS for a couple reasons:

- high damage-per-activation and damage-per-animation attacks get you great mileage in real gameplay. You hop left and right, and 1-shot lieuts, sometimes even 2-shot bosses.

- most of the damage you deal is energy damage.

- unlike just about every other contender (IIRC), EM deals its damage without -res procs. So on a team where someone else applies -res procs, your damage output skyrockets.

Beyond that, the heal is indeed pretty nice. On a high level scrapper we have basically controllable crits with the Critical Strikes proc, and should you wish to do so, you can build an attack chain where ET is almost always a heal. What a twist.

There's yet another advantage: ET costs 0 end. This makes EM especially light on end. It's so much easier to, say, build a fully procced out attack chain without Ageless. Giving you Barrier or whatever your heart desires for Destiny.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nihilii said:

EM/Bio is an absolute beast. Personally I'd rank it as #1 scrapper ST DPS for a couple reasons:

But factually, it isn't. Is it really good? Most definitely. And Hew, it's your fault the Moonbeam craze even happened. 🙂

14 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

But factually, it isn't. Is it really good? Most definitely. And Hew, it's your fault the Moonbeam craze even happened. 🙂

Cough cough, do I know you under a different name? Cough. 

9 hours ago, Hew said:

Cough cough, do I know you under a different name? Cough. 

😘

And no, but EM isn't. It's close, but after today's patch nerfing scrapper epic snipes, not sure I really want to crunch the data again.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Haijinx said:

I thought EM was #1 St right now?  If not which is TW still?  

It might actually be claws in the top spot (gasp, quite serious here). Last I checked it was in the top 3.

edit: There is more to AVERAGE dps than pounding on a pylon, which is pretty meaningless in the course of play. At no point (other than Kahn), do you sit around pounding on a relatively immobile bag of hitpoints _in play_. You are always moving, dealing with various levels of mobs in different groupings, which is why @Galaxy Brain?s test for dps over average play map test works so effectively.

Edited by Hew
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hew said:

It might actually be claws in the top spot (gasp, quite serious here). Last I checked it was in the top 3.

edit: There is more to AVERAGE dps than pounding on a pylon, which is pretty meaningless in the course of play. At no point (other than Kahn), do you sit around pounding on a relatively immobile bag of hitpoints _in play_. You are always moving, dealing with various levels of mobs in different groupings, which is why @Galaxy Brain?s test for dps over average play map test works so effectively.

Bill probably just had an orgasm with that post !

Sorry Bill could not resist it was just sitting there waiting for a joke.

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

3 hours ago, Hew said:

While true.  I do believe there's quite a few who can take going slower on map clearing, if that means they can clear those harder targets.  Even if the harder target missions are less of a thing.

That said, I recall Energy Melee being A ranking in ST DPS, but wasn't it C ranking in mission clearing?

12 hours ago, Hew said:

I was thinking more maximum potential ST output, so pylon times would be one way to measure it. 

I am aware real play is not like that.  I think Blasters do far more ST damage in real play throughout a mission for example due to their range.  

12 hours ago, Hew said:

There is a reason why claws is the best set ever. 😛 It does "yo, what is happening" single-target and does crazy AOE to boot. Also, it exemps better then any of the melee primary. Doing a Synapse with claws isn't a nightmare because of Spin. When they changed spin/slash to more than just garbage, they buffed the living heck out of the set years ago.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SomeGuy said:

There is a reason why claws is the best set ever. 😛 It does "yo, what is happening" single-target and does crazy AOE to boot. Also, it exemps better then any of the melee primary. Doing a Synapse with claws isn't a nightmare because of Spin. When they changed spin/slash to more than just garbage, they buffed the living heck out of the set years ago.

I’ve been looking for something to partner with Ice Armor. You might have just sold me on claws lol.

• 2 weeks later

Does anyone have an EM/Bio they could share?

EDIT:  Oh also, what about Dark Armor?  Oppressive Gloom stun stacking with EM.

Yes, that would make mobs wander around all the time but we are already talking about EM as it is...

Edited by JayboH

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

• 3 weeks later
On 5/6/2021 at 5:14 PM, JayboH said:

Does anyone have an EM/Bio they could share?

EDIT:  Oh also, what about Dark Armor?  Oppressive Gloom stun stacking with EM.

Yes, that would make mobs wander around all the time but we are already talking about EM as it is...

OG +EnM works fantastic. But, things just die, and you tend to run at much higher difficulty _because_ everything dies so fast, so the OG stacking doesnt pop up much with the short duration.

I have an enm/bio but I cant find it right now...

4 hours ago, Hew said:

OG +EnM works fantastic. But, things just die, and you tend to run at much higher difficulty _because_ everything dies so fast, so the OG stacking doesnt pop up much with the short duration.

I have an enm/bio but I cant find it right now...

How about sharing your EM/DA instead?

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

On 4/21/2021 at 7:21 AM, Hew said:

It depends how you look at it! In general, EM will let you slobberknock bosses / tricky single targets but struggles when clearing the map. It averaged on the lower end, but once you get IO's it does better than what you'd expect for such an ST heavy set.

• Like 1