end cost of running multiple defensive auras needs a serious look

To offer my two cents, I feel all sides have a point. On one hand, a characters endurance problems can be fixed through IOs that are obtainable at an early level. On the other hand, I find the resource Management in City of Heroes to be absolutely archaic and a relic of it's time. While I think the game needs some form of endurance management as it is written very heavily into the way the game's combat flows, I feel as if your inherent toggles in a powerset should  not cost endurance unless they are something that does damage or a status effect to a foe. I do think power pool toggles should still cost endurance, though.

In all honesty, it doesn't feel very "super" to punch three times and get tired, and I feel like the endurance system is a lot of the reason the free to play model didn't bring in enough subscribers.

Contrary to my own point, City of Heroes, at the end of the day, is more a visual pen and paper and collect-a-thon than it is a fighting game, so I guess it would only be par the course to expect specific enhancements to fill in that problem.

If you are punching 3 times and run out of endurance it is your own fault. The only way (outside of fighting sappers or Mu) is to do like the OP and have terrible slotting combined with running extra toggles.  Dark armor is the only set that needs work with endurance and that could be fixed with the change of 1 power. The other sets are fine.

My phrasing was a not so mild exaggeration. I personally don't experience a lot of endurance problems while leveling myself, as I tend to slot standard endurance reduction invention enhancements into my powers. This is of course until I reach the level I can slot level 50 sets.

Miracle and Numina aren't worth the slots in my personal experience

Blasphemy!

He he I automatically slot all four on every character as soon as they are high enough. It makes end issues non-existent for me while leveling and beyond.

In my opinion, and from experience, Miracle and Numina don't give you a significant enough amount of recovery to justify spending two slots and millions of inf.

Recovery Serum is something you will have to keep buying, but it's a very minor cost (50k per couple missions at the most) and it literally doubles your recovery.

Miracle and Numina aren't worth the slots in my personal experience

Blasphemy!

He he I automatically slot all four on every character as soon as they are high enough. It makes end issues non-existent for me while leveling and beyond.

In my opinion, and from experience, Miracle and Numina don't give you a significant enough amount of recovery to justify spending two slots and millions of inf.

Recovery Serum is something you will have to keep buying, but it's a very minor cost (50k per couple missions at the most) and it literally doubles your recovery.

yea for four minutes... I prefer more passive recovery. Too much micromanagement isn't fun for me. Its the same reason I build my doms with enough global recharge to get perma-dom without Hasten so I can just leave Domination on autofire lol.

7hZ6srn.png

Kyriani-Nic-Jem

yea for four minutes... I prefer more passive recovery. Too much micromanagement isn't fun for me. Its the same reason I build my doms with enough global recharge to get perma-dom without Hasten so I can just leave Domination on autofire lol.

You click a button once every four minutes. It's easy to notice when you don't have it up. I don't understand what the issue is.

You click a button once every four minutes. It's easy to notice when you don't have it up. I don't understand what the issue is.

This issue is I am a lazy absentminded old man! ^_^

7hZ6srn.png

Kyriani-Nic-Jem

Miracle + Numi = +25% Recovery which is the same as base Stamina. Or to put it the other way around, Miracle +Recovery is slightly better than a lvl 50 EndMod in Stamina while Numina's is roughly equal to it. If you find it worth adding EndMod to Stamina, then Miracle and maybe even Numina would be worth the slots at the very least. The ~15 million combined cost for both on Homecoming is also pretty trivial for anyone with a level 50 character, so I slot those (and a Panacea) on all of my characters as soon as I can so that I can get rid of endurance management.

The cost of serums is trivial, but rather than constantly stocking up on them and using them, I prefer paying a fixed sum to never have to worry about it.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Firstly, thank you to everyone who chimed in with helpful suggestions.  Here's what I did to work around the end issue.  panacea + performance shifter is good but not good enough.  The most costly endurance things in the older build were my attacks.  I needed attacks I didn't have to spam if i wanted to have a lot of def.  So after some thinking I decided to make Spines/SR.  Reason being spines has a huge aoe that i can use to aggro everything.  currently lvl 29 w/ 34.56% def and does not run out of end(that'll go up after a few more lvls).  Only downside is I don't attack super often which is pretty boring lol. 

Still standing firm on my "You shouldn't be penalized for wanting to tank" aka, defensive toggles cost too much.

I love how you think .59% end/s is too much, its almost nothing.  Sprint for instance takes up as much endurance as 1/2 your defensive toggles.  Same with maneuvers.  You just horribly slotted your char and were missing and doing no damage meaning your attacks were what used up your endurance, not your toggles. 

Firstly, thank you to everyone who chimed in with helpful suggestions.  Here's what I did to work around the end issue.  panacea + performance shifter is good but not good enough.  The most costly endurance things in the older build were my attacks.  I needed attacks I didn't have to spam if i wanted to have a lot of def.  So after some thinking I decided to make Spines/SR.  Reason being spines has a huge aoe that i can use to aggro everything.  currently lvl 29 w/ 34.56% def and does not run out of end(that'll go up after a few more lvls).  Only downside is I don't attack super often which is pretty boring lol. 

Still standing firm on my "You shouldn't be penalized for wanting to tank" aka, defensive toggles cost too much.

I love how you think .59% end/s is too much, its almost nothing.  Sprint for instance takes up as much endurance as 1/2 your defensive toggles.  Same with maneuvers.  You just horribly slotted your char and were missing and doing no damage meaning your attacks were what used up your endurance, not your toggles.

Sums up this thread nicely.

You shouldn't have to spend a bunch more endurance to play a tank thank you should for any other class.  Even if you're only making a so-so tank you're still running class toggles.  If you're trying to cap your def, like i was with SR, you spend a LOT more.  Just so you can fill your role as tank.  This needs to be addressed.

fyi - got the brute to 47%+ def, realized i couldn't get him much past 50% and after some testing I rolled a tanker.  tankers get more def bonus from class toggles.  would have been nice to know that before lol.

You're still talking as if everything you said in the original post hasn't been shown to be incorrect. People have repeatedly told you why you were having the endurance issues. It's not because tank, it's not because toggles, it's not because SR, is not because you were trying to softcap. You were poorly slotted. Full stop.

You shouldn't have to spend a bunch more endurance to play a tank thank you should for any other class.  Even if you're only making a so-so tank you're still running class toggles.  If you're trying to cap your def, like i was with SR, you spend a LOT more.  Just so you can fill your role as tank.  This needs to be addressed.

fyi - got the brute to 47%+ def, realized i couldn't get him much past 50% and after some testing I rolled a tanker.  tankers get more def bonus from class toggles.  would have been nice to know that before lol.

You don't need to spend a ton of endurance on being a tank.  Any set that buffs def and resists includes def/resist and endurance reduction. 

You also have plenty of slots to buff both defenses and attacks but at 26 you won't be able to fully slot both yet so you need to prioritize.

That applies for every class with a defensive stat.  If you want tank defense on a brute you might need to toss in an extra toggle, but that's the trade off for more damage and for balance. 

Your endurance issues are not from your defenses, it's from your attacks.  You seem to be in denial over that and refuse to listen to anyone

My brutes and tanks spend way more then .6 end/s and have no issues with endurance because I slot all their skills appropriately.