Best Base in Paragon City, v4.0!

Blushield

12 hours ago, Squidget said:

I mean, if it's that big an issue, and I'll be looked upon with some distaste, I can remove my entry. When I say I "won", I mean I got what's essentially an honorable mention, plus I've made a lot of changes to the base since then, to where it was only about half done last time. That's the only reason I'm entering again.

Hell no. You stay in the competition and win.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Give me money to draw your characters!

Visit one of the public RP spaces I've made on Everlasting!
Cabin-8752 - Funplex-11364 - Crash-15210 - Law-18824 - Exploreonfoot-20176 - Upside-14574 - Boardwalk-23004 - Gym-25035 - Chicken-25922 - Campus-25500 - Choochoo-28184

• Community Rep

Plus, since the quote was of the question of entering the contest twice with two accounts, I don’t feel like it was specifically targeted at you. And I think your reasons are legit. 

-Dacy 

51 minutes ago, Dacy said:

Plus, since the quote was of the question of entering the contest twice with two accounts, I don’t feel like it was specifically targeted at you. And I think your reasons are legit. 

-Dacy 

Exactly this.

I was pointing out that I build using both @wravis and @jibily, and the rules didn't specify whether or not I could or couldn't enter a base as each. 

It was not about anyone who had previously entered these contests entering again. You (Squidget) should enter again. The Pagoda is amazing and should get the recognition everyone knows it deserves.

• Like 2

Give me money to draw your characters!

Visit one of the public RP spaces I've made on Everlasting!
Cabin-8752 - Funplex-11364 - Crash-15210 - Law-18824 - Exploreonfoot-20176 - Upside-14574 - Boardwalk-23004 - Gym-25035 - Chicken-25922 - Campus-25500 - Choochoo-28184

• Community Rep

I believe the Pagoda was entered in the very first (or possibly the second?) Everlasting base contest. It was already a stunning base, but somehow only got, as she said, basically a mention as, "hey, nice base". It's now a much more extensive and refined base, and deserves another chance (and hopefully this time, more recognition!).

-Dacy

One of these days, I'm going to actually use my artistic ability and design sense to finally get around to building my personal base, then stew as I know it's great but refuse to show it to anyone.

Right after I get past my crippling procrastination.

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

• 2 weeks later

Global: @Aalya

Base: Granny Victoria's Tea Room

Code: TEATIME-17990

A charming, Victorian style tea house, owned by an equally charming, Victorian granny. Three different seating areas indoors, gardens out back, and living quarters upstairs. See if you can find all the practical base items hidden away!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Stormsyrge

SG: Phoenix Flight

SG Passcode: Phoenix-13494

A seemingly ordinary, if high end apartment building.  Courtyard with a variety of shops and amenties, garage, and Manager's office accessible to the public.  The secrets that hide within the Tower at Tayu Avenue... you just might have to dig.

Due to the dual, and secretive nature of the base, a tour will be necessary as a very important portion of the base is not for public view.

Edited by Lightbringer2
Clarification

Global: @Trick Dacy

SG: Bad Kitty Ink

Passcode: BKI-17071

Red Tiger Plaza strip mall located in Skyway near the Kings Row exit. Features include:

• Bad Kitty Ink tattoo parlor
  • Dollar Savr dollar store
  • Sleep, Shower & Surplus home furnishings

Base is most impressive during daytime hours (Sleep Shower & Surplus has a nice skylight). Also check out the mirrors in the dressing rooms of the Paragon Playhouse stage theatre across the street.

Ok, just to be clear: here's what we don't want:

We don't want someone re-submitted the same base that has already placed at the prize level in last contest. (Really, we've had some awesome winners, but we want to give everyone a chance. Unless you really want to go up against Veracor every time we run a contest).

We don't want anyone winning more than one prize.

There are lots of corner cases like multiple globals, commissioned bases etc. We're not going to make a complex set of rules because you're all very clever and will find a way to create exceptions we wouldn't think to address. 

Bottom Line: The judges reserve the right to arbitrate those cases as we see fit in the interest of fairness and equity. This is one of the reasons we include a winner from the last contest to help keep us fair. Put your entry in and, if there is a problem, we'll let you know.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Blushield said:

Soon, probably this weekend. As I mentioned, there are some RL issues that are slowing everything down a bit.

RL first, no arguments there at all.  Hope that things are not too dire, and things are getting resolved well.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/13/2021 at 7:48 AM, Blushield said:

Soon, probably this weekend. As I mentioned, there are some RL issues that are slowing everything down a bit.

I suspect RL bit ya in the butt.  No worries, just let us know when the schedule is out so we can make sure we are available for you and the other judges🙂

On 7/12/2021 at 1:46 PM, Blushield said:

Quick Program Note:

We're a little behind due to some RL issues, so we're going to do the awards on 24 July. This will also give us some time to do base tours.

I wouldn't mind scheduling a tour. Since there's a few areas that may not be found as easily or readily if you don't check every little nook and cranny. 😃

Tours are limited to 20 minutes so plan accordingly! Usually it take about 5 mins at the beginning to assemble and that gives us 5 mins to write up some notes. While we'd love to spend an hour in your base investigating every nook and cranny and learn your whole backstory, it's just not possible (we know, we've tried)

Timeslot

Signup (Please use the base code or your Global)

Tuesday, 20 July 2021

7:30pm EDT

TEATIME-17990

8:00pm EDT

8:30pm EDT

Thursday, 22 July 2021

7:30pm EDT

8:00pm EDT

@Keshbits????

8:30pm EDT

@Polaris37

Friday 23 July 2021