Fire/Fire, the missing link for a damage build?

Sovera

I have run Sentinels exhaustively at the start of HC, then got completely bored by the mediocre damage and dumped the AT. I recently spent many months playing Tankers, specifically the Fire Armor variant.

Having reached a point where I needed a change I started looking at Sentinels again (nothing like time to gloss over old faults) and started theorycrafting something together with that Tanker experience... and I think it worked out well.

Spoiler

Burn is the same on Sentinels as on Tankers. I've vaguely heard the first iterations of Burn did not have the initial upfront damage and instead only had the DoT, but either this wasn't what happened or it was changed in the meanwhile. Per my testing Burn does the upfront damage and then spawns the pseudo pet for the DoT same as with Tanker.

What this means is that Burn has that great facility to make sweet sweet love to procs. Slotting it same as I would on a Tanker it has procs with a minimum chance of 83% to go off. Unlike with Tankers the radius is tiny at 8y, and the mobs will run away from the fire patches.

But this is fine. I fought a lot at the start of HC to make Sentinels self-reliant and even able to farm on their own. The lack of agro tools was as much responsible for me abandoning that idea as the mediocre damage. Knowing this already I decided to embrace the truth that as a Sentinel my place was to be glued to the meleers and let them act as the agro magnets.

Burn all procced out is a thing of beauty and much much damage. How much damage? Well, it recharges nearly three times faster than our nuke and does more damage.

Yep. Inferno does 445 damage and Burn does 560. These 560 do not include the pseudopet's second (lower) chance of unleashing the procs again. This means we can effectively drop two nukes each time.

I have seen a few people stating that they took Fire Armor and then skipped Burn. I have to question why. What does Fire Armor bring when we ditch its heavy hitter? Sentinels don't even get Fiery Embrace and Molten Embrace is not a substitute.

The truth is that if we are moving into melee to drop Inferno then we can shuffle a bit and drop Burn as well. As I level this is pretty devastating as I Aim (+gaussian), Inferno, then hug what ever is alive and drop Burn and one-shot another 3-5 mobs. Just as if there are 2-3 mobs clustered together there is no point in dropping Fireball for 171 damage.

Now unlike a meleer we don't need to live in melee range. I just follow the agro magnets, drop down to the ground to drop Burn and then float back up a bit to be out of melee range and keep on shooting. Mobs running around? Not chasing them to apply Burn, I just range them.

The downsides are not even that bad. Mobs running away from Burn's patches and Rain of Fire are not hitting me back and the upfront damage has been piled, Rain of Fire is ticking, Fireball has a nice 15y radius and I can just hold my ground and pick the survivors. But once the fear ends they run back in my direction... I can drop another fat Burn mini nuke.

It's still be a downside that the character may not be a very amusing to play solo with mobs running away from Rain of Fire and Burn. But the -big- upfront burst also ensures there will be less surviving -to- run away. Nevertheless I consider the character to be aimed for teaming.

That said I would still like to strangle the dev who decided that Blazing Blast needed a Repel -and- a KB, and a fake KB at that. We can't slot Sudden Acceleration or Force Feedback and get to have all the downsides of KB without the upsides. Fortunately Overwhelming Force works and prevents the game's inertia mechanics from inflating the KB distance. Unfortunately it does not stop Blazing Blast from pushing mobs away from the Burn patches which is just infuriating.

I considered a different primary but nixed the idea. Fire is the best damage and above all the faster animations overall. Radiation Blast takes a ton of procs and has two nice AoEs (unlike lolfirebreath) but the glacial animations are a turn off.

I swear by Focused Accuracy and pretty much refuse to play anything that doesn't have it, but decided not to with this character. Foremost because I skimped a lot on slots to fit everything which means my recovery is threadbare. I do have Consume (but again, no slots. Sniff, muh Synapse's Shock) and Defensive Opportunity, but with Focused Accuracy running I have something like 0.15 positive endurance recovery which, just, no. I feel this should not be a problem. We are not meant to be in melee and can just take to the skies and use range to flay the problematic Tsoo sorcerers, CoT baddies, Banished Pantheon, etc. Plus the initial burst will just hakuna plenty of tatas at the start of the fight.

So with all of that said I think this is the first time I felt a Sentinel was doing good damage. Dropping into melee will not be a problem since anything that can grab agro will steal it from us and regardless the end build will have 45% S/L defense (with Barrier's 5%) and averaging 60-65% resistance to most. Combined with the ability to just float a bit out of melee range and Healing Flames recharging in 13 seconds I've taken the ITF's last boss' auto-hit without much concern. No one needs to live in melee and be subjected to all the hard hits and debuffs that live there.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Sentinel
Primary Power Set: Fire Blast
Secondary Power Set: Fiery Aura
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Fire Blast -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Dcm-Acc/Dmg(3), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(5), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(5), GldJvl-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), UnbGrd-Max HP%(9), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(11)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(A), Bmbdmt-Dam(15), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(15), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(17), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(17), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(19)
Level 4: Molten Embrace -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 6: Blaze -- SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(A), SprOppStr-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), GldJvl-Dam%(23)
Level 8: Healing Flames -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(25), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(25), Prv-Heal/Rchg(27), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(27), Prv-Absorb%(29)
Level 10: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(29), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 12: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Build%(31), RctRtc-ToHit(31), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(33)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 16: Plasma Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(34)
Level 18: Blazing Blast -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(34), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Apc-Acc/Rchg(36), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(36), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(37)
Level 20: Consume -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 22: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), WntGif-ResSlow(37)
Level 24: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Rain of Fire -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(40)
Level 28: Burn -- HO:Nucle(A), HO:Nucle(40), Arm-Dam%(40), Obl-%Dam(42), Erd-%Dam(42), ScrDrv-Dam%(42)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Inferno -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 35: Boxing -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(46)
Level 38: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(46), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(48)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48)
Level 44: Cauterizing Blaze -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 47: Temperature Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 49: Kick -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(50), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(50), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Opportunity
Level 1: Brawl -- KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(11), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(13), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(13)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Task Force Commander
Level 50: Portal Jockey
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
------------

Leveling build:

Spoiler

- Remember to buy Recovery Serums, just in case. I didn't find that I needed them, but mileage may vary. They are obtained from the P2W vendor.

- Slotting levels are not a guideline. They are automatically ordered by Mids. I personally slotted my attacks first, Aim, Hasten, then heal, then shields, and only last start filling out the Kinetic combats.

- Remember to buy medium purples between missions by using /ah once outside a mission. They are cheap and will keep you safe.

- If having money problems or really new to the game then check my signature for information.

Level 50 Magic Sentinel
Secondary Power Set: Fiery Aura
Power Pool: Flight

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Fire Blast -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Dcm-Acc/Dmg(3), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(5), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(5), GldJvl-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), UnbGrd-Max HP%(9), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(11)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(A), Bmbdmt-Dam(15), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(15), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(17), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(17), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(19)
Level 4: Molten Embrace -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 6: Blaze -- OppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(A), OppStr-Dmg/Rchg(19), OppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), OppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), OppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), GldJvl-Dam%(23)
Level 8: Healing Flames -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(25), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(25), Prv-Heal/Rchg(27), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(27), Prv-Absorb%(29)
Level 10: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(29), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 12: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Build%(31), RechRdx-I(31), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 16: Plasma Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(34)
Level 18: Blazing Blast -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(36), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(37)
Level 20: Consume -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 22: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), WntGif-ResSlow(37)
Level 24: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Rain of Fire -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(40)
Level 28: Burn -- Obl-%Dam(A), Obl-Dmg(40), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(40), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Erd-%Dam(42), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Inferno -- Avl-Acc/Dmg(A), Avl-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Avl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), Avl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Avl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 35: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(45), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(46), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 38: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(46), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(48)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48)
Level 44: Cauterizing Blaze -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 47: Temperature Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 49: Kick -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(50), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(50), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(11), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(13), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(13)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Task Force Commander
Level 50: Portal Jockey
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
------------

Edited by Sovera
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CaptTastic said:

But then the age-old question: If you’re happy to spend most of your time in melee in search of damage, why not just role a fire scrapper or brute? 

Yeah, you missed what I wrote... We need to go into melee to drop Inferno and/or Burn, then we can hit the space bar for two seconds to be flying out of the way.

Why not? Indeed, why not. Choices. Because a Scrapper/Brute is melee and a Sentinel is ranged. Because we get a nuke to open every fight with. Because we don't need to twiddle our thumbs with a frown as Maiden stays in her blue circles.

Take your pick, and stick to Scrapper/Brute if it is what you like to play.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Yeah, you missed what I wrote... We need to go into melee to drop Inferno and/or Burn, then we can hit the space bar for two seconds to be flying out of the way.

Why not? Indeed, why not. Choices. Because a Scrapper/Brute is melee and a Sentinel is ranged. Because we get a nuke to open every fight with. Because we don't need to twiddle our thumbs with a frown as Maiden stays in her blue circles.

Take your pick, and stick to Scrapper/Brute if it is what you like to play.

Well no, I think you’ve missed my point too. First of all, I love Sentinels and have very little love for Melee-based ATs. 

I have a fire/fire/fire sentinel myself, and I built it like you have. Get in the melee, inferno, burn, fire sword circle, fireball. It’s a fun AoE toon. But it’s not really doing much a fire scrapper or brute isn’t doing there and doing better. 

I’d never discourage anyone from Sents. Love them more than any other AT, so go for it. For me though, while fiery aura helps damage, it doesn’t make a Sent into a damage build, because it’s not a damage AT. 

That’s all I meant. Didn’t mean to offend and apologies if I did. 

1 minute ago, CaptTastic said:

Well no, I think you’ve missed my point too. First of all, I love Sentinels and have very little love for Melee-based ATs. 

I have a fire/fire/fire sentinel myself, and I built it like you have. Get in the melee, inferno, burn, fire sword circle, fireball. It’s a fun AoE toon. But it’s not really doing much a fire scrapper or brute isn’t doing there and doing better. 

I’d never discourage anyone from Sents. Love them more than any other AT, so go for it. For me though, while fiery aura helps damage, it doesn’t make a Sent into a damage build, because it’s not a damage AT. 

That’s all I meant. Didn’t mean to offend and apologies if I did. 

Not at all. Reading back I can see my answer wasn't in the best phrasing. But, yeah, I speak only for myself anyway, but after a ton of Sents way early in HC and a big emphasis on Bio as -the- damage boosting secondary and never being satisfied I find Burn bridged that gap (for myself anyway).

I haven't thrown it at a pylon or anything and Burn can be hit and miss while also lacking the total damage it will do on a Tanker due to agro keeping mobs in place. But I think that as long as we accept our role as a magnet to a tank's back I have satisfying HP dips all around me by pushing buttons which is something I didn't have.

But in truth I find the same with Tankers. Despite Bio being the OP thing I have consistently Fire Armor to behave better for damage. Burn at level 18 beats Adaptation at level 6. We press it, things die all around us. And with the Sentinel it is what happens as well.

Honestly meleers get the full package in CoH thanks to early design that stratified in place. It's why that I, an avid ranged player who never ever ever touches melee in other games, will come to CoH and only play melee. No CC, sturdy defenses allowing to shrug most damage, most of the time self heals. And some of the best damage in the game.

Then we have ranged who are plagued by CC, are squishy (often needing to reach 50 -and- IOed to the gills, and never examplar, and even so should never be in melee since 5% hits hurt tremendously at +5 and no resistances backing it up). In exchange they have... uh... Um... Aah... range, I guess? Wide AoEs. Burst with their nukes.

Sentinels straddle the line with the caveats we all know about the AT but at least for me this build ends being satisfying. Heck, I'm playing with a friend who was tanking for our teams and I was all aaaaah, so calm, so relaxed. I just press buttons. I'm out of the way, no debuffs are hitting me. Positron low level CoT with their enormous -def and -acc debuffs? Who cares, I'm not in range of Darkest Night or Earthquake and the ghosts are hitting the tank so I can Aim and AoE stuff down. Sometimes I get agro but since I'm floating out of melee ranged there is a lot less damage and a purple or two keeps me safe. No need to worry about chasing mobs and all AoEs are larrrrge.

So, that's my answer as to why not a Scrapper/Brute. It's different from what I'm used to 🙂

• Like 1

I  have reached level 50 and started down the incarnating road. With the experience from actually leveling and playing the build I've made tweaks to the original I had posted and changed things around though mostly minor changes.

Burn's heavy proc approach has been kept. Unlike what I have done with the Brunker I don't want to drop more Burns (which evens out. More Burns is about the same as dropping heavier Burns as per my testing) since it would mean more Melee time. When I drop Burn I want it fat and heavy and explosive.

Skimming a few slots I stopped with the idea of slotting Cauterizing Blaze. The heal is tiny and not very important when having Healing Flames on a 13 second timer. Instead I added to the endurance per second with a Miracle.

Speaking of recovery I've found the blue bar dwindles slowly but steadily, then the dwindling is neutered when Defensive Opportunity kicks in. It's not enough to promote growth though. Consume could really do with more slots, but it is what it is. The combo of Defensive Opportunity has been enough to arrest endurance until Consume is back up but your milleage may vary. That said I used a grand total of two Recovery Serums since having started the character since we don't take agro as much and are not subjected to sapping like meleers are.

I've also added a leveling build for newcomers to have guidelines.

• 1 month later

Late to the thread, but wanted to say thanks for the build.  Thus far, the only Sent I’ve actually felt did “acceptable” (YMMV) levels of damage was my first sentinel, a Fire/Rad/Fire.  Inferno+GZ+FSC did a great job on the spawn, with single target attacks playing mop up.

I don’t think this feels/plays a whole lot differently actually.  I did a respec out of Fly+Hover as, while your method is sound enough, I simply often forget to toggle off Hover/Fly before dropping Burn.  I have always preferred CJ+SS where I can fit both in for kiting (born a blaster, always play like one).   Defense/slotting works out pretty much the same so it’s an easy trade if you prefer to not go the Hover-melee-blaster approach.

One small gripe....you really have to stick to your brute/tank/aggro holder with this build or you’ll waste your Burn patch.  And with the travel pools update recently, I’m noticing far more players of all AT’s carrying and triggering Fold Space constantly now.  Bit annoying if someone is doing that when a Brute/Tank is otherwise attempting to hold aggro, but its a minor gripe.

23 hours ago, Crysis said:

Late to the thread, but wanted to say thanks for the build.  Thus far, the only Sent I’ve actually felt did “acceptable” (YMMV) levels of damage was my first sentinel, a Fire/Rad/Fire.  Inferno+GZ+FSC did a great job on the spawn, with single target attacks playing mop up.

I don’t think this feels/plays a whole lot differently actually.  I did a respec out of Fly+Hover as, while your method is sound enough, I simply often forget to toggle off Hover/Fly before dropping Burn.  I have always preferred CJ+SS where I can fit both in for kiting (born a blaster, always play like one).   Defense/slotting works out pretty much the same so it’s an easy trade if you prefer to not go the Hover-melee-blaster approach.

One small gripe....you really have to stick to your brute/tank/aggro holder with this build or you’ll waste your Burn patch.  And with the travel pools update recently, I’m noticing far more players of all AT’s carrying and triggering Fold Space constantly now.  Bit annoying if someone is doing that when a Brute/Tank is otherwise attempting to hold aggro, but its a minor gripe.

No need to toggle off Hover before dropping Burn. Just hug the floor before activating. I have Hover on all characters and Burn goes off without a problem.

I ran a few solo missions with this build on the test server.  It went pretty well.   the mobs do run, but the initial nukes thins them out quite a bit.   It was pretty fun, even running solo.   

Keep up the good work!

Edited by SmalltalkJava

I tried the Fire/Rad/Fire sentinel build below on the Test Server and it was underwhelming in damage compared to a Fire/Rad blaster without gaining really that much in survivability.  I ended up buildng an EM/Rad/Fire scrapper that I like way better.

Spoiler

Level 50 Science Sentinel
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Armor
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Fire Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flares -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Apc-Acc/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(5), Apc-Dmg(17)
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 2: Gamma Boost -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(21), PrfShf-EndMod(23), PrfShf-End%(36)
Level 4: Fire Ball -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(11)
Level 6: Proton Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(27), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(29), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 8: Blaze -- SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprOppStr-Dmg/Rchg(11), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(46)
Level 10: Aim -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(15), GssSynFr--Build%(19), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(21), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(43)
Level 12: Fallout Shelter -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(25)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(37), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(37)
Level 16: Proton Therapy -- NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(17), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(19)
Level 18: Blazing Blast -- OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(A), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(42), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(42), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(43), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(43)
Level 20: Particle Acceleration -- Run-I(A)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 30: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(A), Prv-Heal(34), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 32: Inferno -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Arm-Dmg(33), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Acc/Rchg(42)
Level 35: Ground Zero -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 38: Fire Cages -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(39), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Rgn-Knock%(40)
Level 41: Meltdown -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(45), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(45), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(45), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(46)
Level 44: Fire Sword Circle -- Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Obl-%Dam(48), Obl-Dmg(48), Obl-Acc/Rchg(50), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(50), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(34)
Level 50: Spiritual Core Paragon 
------------

Edited by brasilgringo

42 minutes ago, SmalltalkJava said:

What fire rad blaster spec are you running?   I'm trying to break away from masterminds and am looking at sentinel or blaster.    I like the inherent defenses of a sentinel. 

Softcap S/L with Clarion - some KD in the attacks for extra mitigation.  If you want even better mitigation go Fire/Elec - plenty of threads n builds in Blaster forum.  I mentioned Fire/Rad because it was cited and I wanted to try Rad armor on a Sent, but it's much better as an armor set on Tankers (or even scrappers) IMHO.

Spoiler

Inhuman Target: Level 50 Technology Blaster
Secondary Power Set: Atomic Manipulation
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flares -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(7)
Level 1: Electron Shackles -- TraoftheH-Immob/Acc(A)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- Artl-Dam/End(A), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(7), Artl-Acc/Dam(9), PstBls-Dam%(9), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(11), JvlVll-Dam%(11)
Level 4: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(13), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(13), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(15)
Level 6: Rain of Fire -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(15), Artl-Dam/Rech(17), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(17), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(19), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(19)
Level 8: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(21)
Level 10: Ionize -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(21)
Level 12: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(23), RctRtc-Pcptn(23)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 16: Beta Decay -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 18: Blaze -- Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(25), Thn-Acc/Dmg(27), Apc-Dam%(27), GldJvl-Dam%(29)
Level 20: Metabolic Acceleration -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(29), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(31), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(31), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(31), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(33)
Level 22: Kick -- ExpStr-Acc/KB(A), ExpStr-Dmg/KB(33), ExpStr-Dam%(33)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(34), UnbGrd-Max HP%(34)
Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(34), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), StnoftheM-Dam%(36), GldJvl-Dam%(37)
Level 28: Atom Smasher -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(39), Arm-Dam%(39)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(40), ShlWal-Def(40), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(40)
Level 32: Inferno -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(43)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), Rct-Def(43), Rct-Def/EndRdx(45), Rct-ResDam%(45)
Level 38: Positronic Fist -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(46), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(46)
Level 41: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48)
Level 44: Negatron Slam -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(48), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(50), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), Mk'Bit-Dam%(50)
Level 47: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 49: Quick Form 
------------

Edited by brasilgringo