Patch Notes for April 20th, 2021 - Issue 27, Page 2

Jimmy

• City Council
15 minutes ago, Jarrakul said:

I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying? This section certainly covers the fact that, say, Fly and Rocket Board together would use the higher speed cap from the two. But it doesn't say anything about the reduced speed cap for prestige flight powers, which is what I was saying I didn't see in the patch notes.

Yep that change was intentional - it's mentioned in the section you quoted originally:

5 hours ago, Jimmy said:

temporary_antigravitymatrix.png.4540d057c761ff3bf1a7d3ccc39da0af.png Rocket Board + temporary_antigravitymatrix.png.4540d057c761ff3bf1a7d3ccc39da0af.png Magic Carpet + temporary_antigravitymatrix.png.4540d057c761ff3bf1a7d3ccc39da0af.png Void Skiff 

• No longer disables all other powers
  • Now applies Only Affecting Self
  • Fly speed reduced to match unslotted Fly
    • Previously you couldn't use anything (even Swift) to increase your fly speed using these powers, so they had a slightly increased speed by default
    • This is no longer the case, you can now stack them with other flight powers to fly at high speeds in style!
  • Can no longer be used in the Arena

Rocket Board, etc used to be faster than Fly, which simply shouldn't be the case for a prestige power.

• Thanks 2

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

Yep that was intentional - it's mentioned in the section you quoted originally:

Rocket Board, etc used to be faster than Fly, which simply shouldn't be the case for a prestige power.

Gotcha. I didn't interpret "Fly speed reduced to match unslotted Fly" as affecting the speed cap (especially since unslotted Fly now has a higher cap), but I can see how that was the intended reading. Thanks for the clarification.

And again, I want to emphasize that I think you've done great work with this patch, including on these specific powers. Changing them from "fast but a real pain" to "usable but not as fast as proper travel powers" makes a ton of sense. I was surprised by the cap reduction, and wondering if it was intentional since it wasn't how I read that sentence, but I don't want to come across as critical of the change because I think it works well.

13 minutes ago, johua said:

Noticing that the theft of essence +end proc is no longer slottable in reaction time for martial combat. Is this an intentional change?

Reaction Time doesn't take accuracy, and that set is an Accurate Healing set. I don't see it in these patch notes, but maybe this power was cleaned up at some point to not accept accuracy (because it is auto hit).

Edit: Yeah, this is an old change, pretty sure.

Edited by UberGuy

37 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Stealth now makes you invisible.

I agree it should have been called Invisibility. No one explained why it wasn't.

Probably because you still need to stack it with Super Speed or the Celerity proc to actually be invisible to most enemies.

8 minutes ago, Black Zot said:

Probably because you still need to stack it with Super Speed or the Celerity proc to actually be invisible to most enemies.

No, you don't. That was changed in this patch...

I am wrong, and now very confused.

I thought the whole POINT of this change was that now Stealth IS Invisibility? Was I wrong all this time in believing that Invisibility made you fully invisible?

EDIT 2: or am I right? I'm going to test this some more.

Edited by Wavicle

Fast (in-combat) snipes have had their ranges normalized to 80ft (and 100ft for Psi)

• Slow snipes are unaffected and retain their increased range

Still haven't had a dev address as to why snipes had their fast cast range reduced from 150' to 80' midcombat. Completlely unnecessary change imo =/

Edited by KingofMonkeys
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Acroyear said:

Why where the graphics changed on Spirit Ward? It used to make this cool circular arcane pattern when cast on a teammate, but it no longer does this. Why?

That definitely sounds like a bug. I just checked and it is indeed missing its casting circle pattern, but not the large glyph. Maybe it was an oversight, or maybe it has to do with the change to it being a toggle power? No idea. The second one's unlikely, but who knows.

12 minutes ago, Black Zot said:

11 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

No, you don't. That was changed in this patch...

I am wrong, and now very confused.

I thought the whole POINT of this change was that now Stealth IS Invisibility? Was I wrong all this time in believing that Invisibility made you fully invisible?

EDIT 2: or am I right? I'm going to test this some more.

What I found just now is that in a radio mission I am Fully invisible with just Stealth.

In Brickstown I had one group not able to see me and one group that was, but I have found that Brickstown specifically has some weird mob interactions where certain mobs can see through even a Stalker's Hide.

So, @Black Zot if you are seeing lots of mobs can see you through Stealth then you should submit a bug report, because I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to be happening.

Edited by Wavicle

Minor bug discovered:

The small "Monitor Infamy/Level Shift/Ect" window is gone when logging in to a toon that had it active.  Resetting it works, but now the window is twice as tall.  It's still small and unobtrusive, but it's also a bit broken.

EDIT:

Relogging fixes it.  Nevermind. 😃

Edited by Gunrunner

8 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

So, @Black Zot if you are seeing lots of mobs can see you through Stealth then you should submit a bug report, because I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to be happening.

So, here is the normal amount of perception (which counters Stealth) that mobs have:

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Stealth_and_Perception

some things to also consider, is some mobs flat out ignore Stealth (any radius, even Stalker's hide) so it might not be a bug, it might just be a misunderstanding of how stealth (the buff) and perception work together.

3 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Actually I just discovered something, @Black Zot you may have stumbled on a bug.

In my radio mission when I turned on SUPER JUMP my Stealth became suppressed.

@Bopper Does that sound WAI to you?

That is WAI. Stealth provides two stealth effects, one is 36 feet (the old stealth) and one is 19 feet (which combined makes it 55 feet, the old invisibility). Invisibility used to be OAS, now that that has been removed, there are new suppression events that are used to cause effects to suppress when you're not only affecting self. In this case, turning on Super Jump suppressed the 19 feet, but you still would have had 36 feet of stealth active

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Just now, Bopper said:

That is WAI. Stealth provides two stealth effects, one is 36 feet (the old stealth) and one is 19 feet (which combined makes it 55 feet, the old invisibility). Invisibility used to be OAS, now that that has been removed, there are new suppression events that are used to cause effects to suppress when you're not only affecting self. In this case, turning on Super Jump suppressed the 19 feet, but you still would have had 36 feet of stealth active

It certainly doesn't Feel like it should be WAI. That simply Activating CJ temporarily reduces my stealth for 15 seconds?

BUT...if it really is WAI

Then the answer @Black Zot is be aware certain powers activation can temporarily lower your stealth and don't go in expecting to be invisible when you're actually just stealthy, but you don't in fact need SS or an IO.

seems like a bug

Edited by Wavicle

5 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

It certainly doesn't Feel like it should be WAI. That simply Activating CJ temporarily reduces my stealth for 15 seconds?

Actually, I think you're right. 

image.thumb.png.f9df71d113b5535a527d05441ff8904e.png

The suppression should be for 10s, and I think the problem is EndActivate. That would make every click power cause suppression which seems overkill. I don't know what Defiant is either

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

1 hour ago, dtj714 said:

Thanks for the clarification.  But my point about renaming stands - there is no longer a power that grants “stealth”, there is a power that grants “invisibility”, so call it such. I understand it’s not exactly the same as the old Invisibility, but neither is it the same as the old Stealth. So as between the two, using the name that no longer describes what it does is puzzling. 

Stealth is still called Stealth because it's still in the power pool position occupied by Stealth and it doesn't behave exactly like Invisibility did.  Stealth provides varying levels of -Perception and +Defense, dependent on the player's actions and the current situation, as opposed to Invisibility, which was always a set -Perception distance and 50/50 in/out of combat +Defense split.

It's not Invisibility, it's Stealth + situational bonuses.  Renaming it to Invisibility would have only caused confusion amongst experienced players who were accustomed to the way Invisibility functioned.

• Like 3

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.